• 1 Post By TonyBMI

Thread: Question about a grapple

1. Top | #1
    Banned
    Last Online
    03-19-2016 @ 10:57 PM
    Thanks

Question about a grapple

Wondering how many here have the quick attach bucket mounts on their loaders and if there is any real interest in a affordable grapple that you could use with them with no extra brackets? By grapple I mean grapple alone not mounted on a pallet fork set up. They would not be made lite most where you slide under the brush or log but rather, tip the bucket mount and pick up from above

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Thanks
    A grapple like this Everything Attachments Compact Wicked Root Grapple 50" ?

I like the idea of a single unit making use of the quick attaché bucket mount.
    Last edited by psrumors; 02-20-2016 at 09:46 AM.
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 11:44 PM
    Thanks
    Am I missing something in what this grapple would be like?

"They would not be made lite most where you slide under the brush or log but rather, tip the bucket mount and pick up from above"

Isn't that just a function of how you use your tool? I open jaws come down from above (don't slide anything under the object) and clamp and curl up often with my grapple .

"a affordable grapple that you could use with them with no extra brackets? By grapple I mean grapple alone not mounted on a pallet fork set up."

Something similar to this (- Compact Tractor Grapple - Compact Tractor Attachments) or did you have some other kind of mount up involved?

Or this style?
    http://www.everythingattachments.com...ta-cmp-rrg.htm

How would it be different from the EA or CT Attachments style?

I'm curious
    Last edited by mn1025rfilb; 02-20-2016 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Added link to the other style EA grapple
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2015 1025r FILB (H120 49" w/piranha bar & KBOGHs, 60" Auto-connect MMM)
    Artillian Frame, Forks, Grapple and Diverter
    BB2060 Frontier Box Blade
    PB1001 Frontier 1 Bottom Turning Plow
    54" JD Snow Blower
    647JD Tiller
    LP1160 land plane
    Tektite Backhoe cab

Just need a Wallenstein Chipper and... I'm sure I'll think of something more

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Banned
    Last Online
    03-19-2016 @ 10:57 PM
    Thanks

Grapple

NOT anything used to push with totally a unit to come down from above. Much like a railroad tie crane or a log grapple on a truck loader. Something to pick up with not to push. Only a set of claws like that would open then push it down on to a pile of over a log.
    BigJim55 likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 11:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyBMI View Post
    NOT anything used to push with totally a unit to come down from above. Much like a railroad tie crane or a log grapple on a truck loader. Something to pick up with not to push. Only a set of claws like that would open then push it down on to a pile of over a log.
    Oh I see what you mean...

No interest in that for my loader here.... But a lift grapple like that for the Backhoe??? Hmmm...that might be interesting
    2015 1025r FILB (H120 49" w/piranha bar & KBOGHs, 60" Auto-connect MMM)
    Artillian Frame, Forks, Grapple and Diverter
    BB2060 Frontier Box Blade
    PB1001 Frontier 1 Bottom Turning Plow
    54" JD Snow Blower
    647JD Tiller
    LP1160 land plane
    Tektite Backhoe cab

Just need a Wallenstein Chipper and... I'm sure I'll think of something more

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyBMI View Post
    TONYBMI; I understand what ur trying to paint a picture of. my dad had what we called a cherry picker on his log truck back when he logged. at the end of the boom, it could swivel 360* and would open up like a claw, the claw they use in them thumping stuffed animal's. u put ur quarter in, slide the claw over, drop it on the animal, start to pick it up, and as ur sliding it over, ----it drops off. I guess that would be ok-but I want to be able to use the bottom part of grappler like a root rake to gather small items to a pile and then pick the pile up, and dispose of that way, same scenario as what u want with out the root rake part attached to the claw.

ok-it would have to be a whole lot cheaper without the root rake part for me to bite, cause I would still need to plumb the front of my highlift and what ever else under the seat for the loader part, for now I would rather have a top tilt for my 3pt hook-ups, instead of having to crank the toplink by hand all the time, if u built one-I love a pic of it in action-10/4 thanks big jim p.s. u wwant to use the dump cylinders to open the claw, and close it, while the bottom or other side stays stationary, are we on the right track now!!!

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    09-30-2019 @ 12:08 PM
    Thanks
    I would think something like this would be far more useful on an excavator.?

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements