52" Broom
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 52" Broom

  1. Top | #1
    Ray_PA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Location
    North of Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    1,963
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 569 Times in 346 Posts

    52" Broom

    I picked up a 52" broom yesterday for my 1025R. My local dealer acquired this new broom from another dealer that was going out of business. It didn't have the driveshaft with it but for the price they offered it to me, I couldn't pass it up. I got it for $1500.00 plus $250.00 for the driveshaft.
    Since I have 9000 square feet of paved driveway and my driveway is mostly all sloped, my thought is, I can use the broom for all those PITA 2" and 3" snows that we get in PA. With the broom, I will be able to get the paving clean so no fear of ice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160220_102654.jpg   20160220_151209.jpg   20160220_151234.jpg  
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    rtgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 08:01 PM
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,793
    Thanks
    1,834
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 865 Posts
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

    3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

  4. Top | #3
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    20,486
    Thanks
    1,123
    Thanked 3,154 Times in 2,309 Posts
    Nice! That is what I miss with my dealer being gone. On a weekly basis I would stop in while Mrs. CT was grocery shopping and check the bone yard for anything that recently came in. Made quite a few good deals on stuff I really didn't need but was sure nice to have.
    Levi and johnH123 like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    Ray_PA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Location
    North of Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    1,963
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 569 Times in 346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Nice! That is what I miss with my dealer being gone. On a weekly basis I would stop in while Mrs. CT was grocery shopping and check the bone yard for anything that recently came in. Made quite a few good deals on stuff I really didn't need but was sure nice to have.
    I happened to mention to my dealer that I was looking for a 52" broom. If he trades one it, let me know. Anyway, he told me about this one that he picked up at this liquidation of another dealer and he made me a good deal on it. Since they aren't a hot item and they got it for basically nothing, the $1500.00 was a good deal for me and cash flow for him.
    Levi, coaltrain and johnH123 like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

  7. Top | #5
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    20,486
    Thanks
    1,123
    Thanked 3,154 Times in 2,309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    I happened to mention to my dealer that I was looking for a 52" broom. If he trades one it, let me know. Anyway, he told me about this one that he picked up at this liquidation of another dealer and he made me a good deal on it. Since they aren't a hot item and they got it for basically nothing, the $1500.00 was a good deal for me and cash flow for him.
    I had become friends with the manager at my old Deere dealer - he was about my age and we had the same interests. He always knew the kind of things I would be interested in - and the certain smile on his face when I would come in would be a giveaway. Made me some good deals on things that normally would have sat for a long time.

    Then since this was a weekly thing, I would go back up to the grocery store to pick Mrs. CT up and she would always ask "so what did you get this time....?"

    If my driveway were paved (~850') I would have a broom also for how you describe its use for yourself.

    Unfortunately this dealer has been gone for many years now thanks to Deere's consolidation - now the only thing similar for me to visit each trip is the gun shop........
    Last edited by coaltrain; 02-21-2016 at 12:15 PM.
    Levi and johnH123 like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  8. Top | #6
    Ray_PA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Location
    North of Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    1,963
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 569 Times in 346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    I had become friends with the manager at my old Deere dealer - he was about my age and we had the same interests. He always knew the kind of things I would be interested in - and the certain smile on his face when I would come in would be a giveaway. Made me some good deals on things that normally would have sat for a long time.

    Then since this was a weekly thing, I would go back up to the grocery store to pick Mrs. CT up and she would always ask "so what did you get this time....?"

    If my driveway were paved (~850') I would have a broom also for how you describe its use for yourself.

    Unfortunately this dealer has been gone for many years now thanks to Deere's consolidation - now the only thing similar for me to visit each trip is the gun shop........
    Yea, I know what you mean. I think that may have been why the dealer that had this broom liquidated. Fortunately, my local dealer is a pretty large JD dealer that sells the entire JD line, even construction equipment.
    The wife asked me, "is there anything else you need for your tractor, I want to get some new furniture". Ha ha. I said, you know, my tractor seat is just fine. Best piece of furniture I have. ha ha. She didn't think that was too funny!!
    Although, she has admitted, especially when she looks at all the landscaping, patio, retaining walls, etc. that I have been able to do, the JD has been a good purchase.
    That said, no more for the tractor until she gets new furniture. Funny thing, we men don't see anything wrong with the furniture but we can find a million reasons we need something else for the JD.
    Levi, coaltrain and johnH123 like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

  9. Top | #7
    RandyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Location
    Stoughton, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,594
    Thanks
    1,047
    Thanked 1,064 Times in 674 Posts
    You made a great choice.

    You are correct, I find I can use mine for up to 3 inches of fluffy or a couple of inches of wet snows. It also depends on how far you have to push it. Once you start getting a small pile in front of you it will start causing other problems. You'll also find it a perfect clean up tool following behind the blower.
    Levi and Ray_PA like this.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

    2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

    The more I learn, the less I know.

  10. Top | #8
    Termite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 AM
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 31 Times in 27 Posts
    I have a 60" sweepster broom in the for sale section cheap off a simplicity. I'll bet they make a mount for it to fit a JD

  11. Top | #9
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Location
    Joelton TN
    Posts
    20,013
    Thanks
    1,069
    Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Termite View Post
    I have a 60" sweepster broom in the for sale section cheap off a simplicity. I'll bet they make a mount for it to fit a JD
    Who? I highly doubt there is an adapter available.

    If there is, list it with your ad. You'll probably sell it quicker.
    coaltrain, johnH123 and aaronmach1 like this.
    - Jason

    GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

    Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

    2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.


  12. Top | #10
    Termite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 AM
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 31 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    Who? I highly doubt there is an adapter available.

    If there is, list it with your ad. You'll probably sell it quicker.
    I was thinking sweepster might since they are an aftermarket builder. I will look into it
    johnH123 likes this.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •