• 1 Post By TonyBMI

Thread: 54 blower

1. Top | #1
    Banned
    Last Online
    03-19-2016 @ 10:57 PM
    Thanks

54 blower

Last fall I rebuilt this blower from scratch. Repainted and rebuilt everything. I have to admit came through the first winter great. No loose chain or any issues, Well one using the 4 inch swing cylinder from the 54 blade mount does not give me a lot of height to blow the snow but was OK. Adjusts down to be around building and windows but then does not raise fully. The plastic hinge worked fine. The paint stayed on much better than I tough. The plastic fan worked for what I wanted very little run off of the snow unless I really pushed it. Have two pictures one of the gear box and housing. The gear box never leaked you ca see the red RV sealant. The other is the mount for the blower that holds the drive shaft bearings. A while ago I mentioned that cutting a small notch in the mount would allow the loader to be attached and leave the mount in place if you need the loader for short time for some reason. The mount is on my 4100. Just saves having to remove everything if only needed for a short time. Over all the rebuild went much better than I had hoped for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160307_123151.jpg   20160307_123200_001.jpg  
    RandyM likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements