Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Added a TSC post hole digger & 12" auger to the "equipment yard"

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 08:48 PM
    Thanks

Added a TSC post hole digger & 12" auger to the "equipment yard"

With a few projects coming up, we picked up a TSC post hole digger with 12" auger this past week. It looks to be a County Line branded Speeco HD unit.

We figure on using it with both the 1025R and the 3038e, but I did the first hookup & trial with the 3038e. My biggest hassle on that first hook up was getting the toplink pin in. (Probably the first time it has been moved in the five years since purchase) I think the square shouldered pin end and the hollow ball on the PHD toplink connection added to the situation while trying to hold things in alignment.

After finishing up with the test dig and dismounting the equipment, I cleaned up the toplink pin so it was shiney smooth and reshaped the pin end to kind of a "semi wadcutter" profile. This was finished up with some "finish line" teflon based chain lube to hopefully keep rust at bay and moving freely for the next hook up. Time will tell.

Probably the first project should be sinking a couple of 4x4 posts and adding a crossbar to make a suspension point for storing the PHD between uses.

Nick
    Carvel Loafer and BigJim55 like this.
    2010 JD 3038e w/305 FEL 2013 JD 1025R FILB 2017 JD x394
    RC2060 rotary cutter, BB2060 Box Blade, Strap-On Pallet Forks, Jinma 6" Chipper, Tarter 5' Tiller, TSC Middle-buster, Agri-Supply Keulavator,
    Caroni TC590 5' Finish Mower, TSC 6' Landscape Blade, TSC 6' Landscape Rake, TSC Post Hole Digger, Modified TSC Carry-All w/deck & casters

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nikdfish View Post
    With a few projects coming up, we picked up a TSC post hole digger with 12" auger this past week. It looks to be a County Line branded Speeco HD unit.

We figure on using it with both the 1025R and the 3038e, but I did the first hookup & trial with the 3038e. My biggest hassle on that first hook up was getting the toplink pin in. (Probably the first time it has been moved in the five years since purchase) I think the square shouldered pin end and the hollow ball on the PHD toplink connection added to the situation while trying to hold things in alignment.

After finishing up with the test dig and dismounting the equipment, I cleaned up the toplink pin so it was shiney smooth and reshaped the pin end to kind of a "semi wadcutter" profile. This was finished up with some "finish line" teflon based chain lube to hopefully keep rust at bay and moving freely for the next hook up. Time will tell.

Probably the first project should be sinking a couple of 4x4 posts and adding a crossbar to make a suspension point for storing the PHD between uses.

Nick
    if and when u build the stand can u shoot a couple of pics of how u did it. I've seen the metal ones that the post hole digger rests on, and I think there neat looking too. but I have some old 4/4 locust posts laying around here that my dad had milled, so that would suit me even better. I bought a post hole digger at a sale up in N EW YORK a couple of yrs ago without a pto shaft for $75, boy I thought did I ever get a good deal, brought it home with my other things, unloaded it and put it in a shed till last spring, got it out and was looking at getting a pto shaft and decided to try putting it on the tractor. well the gear box is locked up on it. not such a good deal, I do have a drill bit after all from it. so now the question is do I buy a new gear box on top of a pto shaft or just cut my corners, and just buy a whole new one. good luck with urs.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    01-26-2019 @ 01:01 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim 55 View Post
    if and when u build the stand can u shoot a couple of pics of how u did it. I've seen the metal ones that the post hole digger rests on, and I think there neat looking too. but I have some old 4/4 locust posts laying around here that my dad had milled, so that would suit me even better. I bought a post hole digger at a sale up in N EW YORK a couple of yrs ago without a pto shaft for $75, boy I thought did I ever get a good deal, brought it home with my other things, unloaded it and put it in a shed till last spring, got it out and was looking at getting a pto shaft and decided to try putting it on the tractor. well the gear box is locked up on it. not such a good deal, I do have a drill bit after all from it. so now the question is do I buy a new gear box on top of a pto shaft or just cut my corners, and just buy a whole new one. good luck with urs.
    Why not open up the gearbox and see if it's fixable?
    BigJim55 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisc1985 View Post
    Why not open up the gearbox and see if it's fixable?
    THAT'S NEXT step here -soon-HA! as a slacker I can't get to over excited about it. it has layed out beside the one shed since last spring. so yeah its due now!!

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 08:48 PM
    Thanks
    Decided to put off putting up the PHD storage supports until I finish with the parking area changes. Until then, using what was available, I am making do with a tie-down chain between two trees & a short length of chain with a couple of slip hooks. A 12" piece of 1/2" rebar was passed through the existing hole in the tube and suspended by the slip hooks. This seems to work fairly well for allowing me to position the unit for inserting the toplink pin.

Nick
    2010 JD 3038e w/305 FEL 2013 JD 1025R FILB 2017 JD x394
    RC2060 rotary cutter, BB2060 Box Blade, Strap-On Pallet Forks, Jinma 6" Chipper, Tarter 5' Tiller, TSC Middle-buster, Agri-Supply Keulavator,
    Caroni TC590 5' Finish Mower, TSC 6' Landscape Blade, TSC 6' Landscape Rake, TSC Post Hole Digger, Modified TSC Carry-All w/deck & casters

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nikdfish View Post
    Decided to put off putting up the PHD storage supports until I finish with the parking area changes. Until then, using what was available, I am making do with a tie-down chain between two trees & a short length of chain with a couple of slip hooks. A 12" piece of 1/2" rebar was passed through the existing hole in the tube and suspended by the slip hooks. This seems to work fairly well for allowing me to position the unit for inserting the toplink pin.

Nick
    thanks for the pics. and i'll post some of my gear box when I get it opened up.
    JKR likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Thanks
    Now I know what mine should look like once I put it together. Mine has the 9" auger. I've been thinking of a way to store it so I'm collecting posts and threads with ideas.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigJim55 likes this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post
    Now I know what mine should look like once I put it together. Mine has the 9" auger. I've been thinking of a way to store it so I'm collecting posts and threads with ideas.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    cheese train--ted of everything attachments gives the best video on how to put ur post hole digger together and mount it to ur tractor I've ever seen. very good IMO. he makes it look simple!! check it out. now as afar as any stands he has nothing about that, I too have been watching u-tubes for ideas and there are a lot of good ones out there. good luck. boy I really regret not buying that guys post hole digger he had on here for sale-what a buy-well u snooze-u loose-huh!

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    09-30-2019 @ 12:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim 55 View Post
    I gather you intend to store it outside, but here's a storage rack/dolly I threw together a couple weeks ago. I store mine in my shop and now I can wheel it off in a corner somewhere out of the way.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1737.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	739.1 KB 
ID:	151649Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1739.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	151657Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1741.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	151673
    BigJim55 and Gebada22 like this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    mtrmn; looks good, and the wheels too. now in the 3pic the bar that holds the beam up, it looks like u drilled a hole thru the beam, or is the pic playing with my eyes other wise that is a good idea of how to store it, and I bet it makes putting it on a lot easier. thanks for the pics.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast