Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Wood chipper for 1025R

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 05:25 AM
    Thanks

Wood chipper for 1025R

Been considering a wood chipper for my 1025R. The Wallenstein looks good but I have also been attracted to the WoodMaxx TM86H.

It is designed for the 1 series size tractor and has a hydraulic adjustable feed that is independent of the tractor. The price is reasonable.

Anybody have a WoodMaxx chipper?
    Levi likes this.
    1025r
    H120 Loader w/Ken's hooks, Pirhana Bar, Ratchet Rake, Bucket Tamer Shoes, front quick hitch
    260 Backhoe w/Ken's hook, BXpanded Thumb, Bro-Tec Ripper Tooth
    Artillian Diverter kit. Grapple w/Fangs, loader arm mounted 54 snow blade w/ wings, 24" forks
    54" Rock Bucket
    Ballast box
    I-Match
    Box Blade
    Back Blade
    3pt CarryAll
    Boom Pole
    Artillian Front Hoe
    RimGuard in all 4
    2" Wheel Spacers
    Heavy Hitch
    Block Heater
    HLA 60" Snow Pusher w/Backdrag Blade
    Tektite hard side heated cab

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    05-21-2019 @ 05:30 PM
    Thanks
    Looks really cool! Let us know how it works if you get one. Seems they make some quality products.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    06-18-2016 @ 01:13 PM
    Thanks
    I like it,wonder if I could "demo" that for about a week!
    rtgt likes this.
    1025rFILB 54"deck,Home built QA fork adapter frame and forks,home built 3 point mounted "leaf sucker" motor/blower ,
    backhoe mounted mower, backhoe scraper plate,home brew QA 54" loader arm snow plow

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:45 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,014 Times in 2,969 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbait View Post
    Been considering a wood chipper for my 1025R. The Wallenstein looks good but I have also been attracted to the WoodMaxx TM86H.

It is designed for the 1 series size tractor and has a hydraulic adjustable feed that is independent of the tractor. The price is reasonable.

Don't have one but I do like that the hydraulic adjustable feed is independent of the tractor. Price is good too.
    rtgt and Levi like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-16-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks
    They do look nice. I do have a Wallenstien and it's a great chipper! Only issue is if you have stuff with a lot of small twigs it will plug the discharge chute occasionally. It's not an issue for the stuff I chip. I'm sure the hydraulic feed would be nice though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi likes this.
    2012 1026R with H120 Loader, 54" Front Blower and Ballast Box.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 05:25 AM
    Thanks
    I'm going to call them tomorrow and have a chat. If I like what I hear I will probably order one. Web site says they are temporarily out of the green ones so I think I'll choose red.

The NorthEastern U.S. has been invaded by the emerald ash borer and the Asian horned beetle. I just cut 12 mature dead or dying ash trees on my property with a dozen or so more soon to be cut. The devastation is wide-spread throughout the North East. Me and my neighbors will have plenty of wood to cut and chip this Spring.
    Gizmo2, rtgt, Levi and 2 others like this.
    1025r
    H120 Loader w/Ken's hooks, Pirhana Bar, Ratchet Rake, Bucket Tamer Shoes, front quick hitch
    260 Backhoe w/Ken's hook, BXpanded Thumb, Bro-Tec Ripper Tooth
    Artillian Diverter kit. Grapple w/Fangs, loader arm mounted 54 snow blade w/ wings, 24" forks
    54" Rock Bucket
    Ballast box
    I-Match
    Box Blade
    Back Blade
    3pt CarryAll
    Boom Pole
    Artillian Front Hoe
    RimGuard in all 4
    2" Wheel Spacers
    Heavy Hitch
    Block Heater
    HLA 60" Snow Pusher w/Backdrag Blade
    Tektite hard side heated cab

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-31-2019 @ 05:28 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbait View Post

The best thing you can get with a chipper is the hydraulic adjustable feed, in my opinion. With my DR when you feed things like vines and hands full of small branches you end up having to force feed it. After a day of doing this you will have sore arms and shoulders. And with bigger stuff you end up having to hold it down so it will chip instead of bouncing against the blade/s. I have one blade. The WoodMaxx TM86H has 4. Even though 4 is more money when you have to replace them, it is a good thing. Better feed, better chips. I would gladly trade my DR for this WoodMaxx. One other thing about feeding it by hand is the vibration of the limbs against your bare arms will scratch your arms so much it will make it look like you were in a knife fight.
    Gizmo2, fdmars, Tomfive and 4 others like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Levi For This Useful Post:

rtgt (03-20-2016)

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    10-11-2017 @ 02:59 PM
    Thanks
    I have the tm86h for the 1025 r. I've used it four times already on pine. If I slow the feed down I can chip right up to capacity. Very well built. Happy so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Gizmo2, fdmars, Tomfive and 8 others like this.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-31-2019 @ 05:28 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Looks good! Glad it works as advertised.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:19 AM
    Thanks
    Very neat setup.

The Woodmaxx has a small built-in hydraulic pump, correct? I see reservoir and note the absence of lines going back to the tractor.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2015 1025R w/ H120 Loader, 60D MMM AutoConnect, 54" QH Snowblower & Titan Pallet Forks

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast