Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Garber drop spreader

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Thanks

Garber drop spreader

I just picked up a Garber 48" spreader with the really nice JD green finish and stainless bottom. It is the 48-GDP. I was wondering if anyone had the 3 point kit put on theirs? If so is it worth doing? I don't have the patience to fabricate up a mount (probably not the skill either.). It is really nice as a tow behind but I think I might want to spring for the 3 point attach.

I had been looking at spreaders as I have a lot of lime and fertilizer to put down but don't have the room to store the cone type spreaders. I would have gone with the 60" but the only shelf I can store it on is onli 55" wide. But I also like how the Garber Pro version's finish matches up nice with my 1025R which is nice considering a lot of the subcompact compatible attachments are red or orange. The regular version had sort of a washed out green color which I didn't like as much.
    Levi likes this.
    2015 1025R FILB, iMatch, 53" Bucket, 54D Mower Deck, 54" Snow Blower, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Bracket, Heavy Hitch Front Weight Bracket, EA 48" Plugger, Garber 48" 3 point Seeder, Kens bolt on hooks, CountyLine (Tarter Gate) 60" box blade, Kenda Terra Trac HDAP tires (front and rear), CozyCab Sunshade, TSC CountyLine (Tarter) 48" yellow rototiller, BXPanded 25 gallon 3PH sprayer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Congrats on the new spreader. I have the 72" GDP with the 3pt attachment. I believe the 3pt parts were an extra $145. You also need the extension handle to be able to reach the open/close lever from the seat.

The 3pt works pretty good but it will not fit on the Imatch. Last spring was my first use of the spreader and I ran it over about 5 acres between mine and my neighbors property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks

Garber drop spreader

Used the spreader today. It can hold six 40 lb bags of lime at a time. Gives a nice even spread. I didn't calibrate it (directions are included with the manual) but my lawn needs a lot of lime anyway.

Assembly was fairly straightforward but there were a few things not included in the instructions. For example there is a bracket that attaches to the top of the hitch and the top middle of the spreader. It has an extra piece welded on and I didn't realize it was to help hold the top when open. Instructions did not say which way that piece went. But it only took about ten minutes to assemble.

I do want the 3 point kit for it. Mostly because I have a lot of tight spaces where I mow. But for a tow behind spreader it is definitely the best quality model I have owned.

I will also definitely be getting the handle extension mentioned above. I had to keep getting on and off to open and close the grate.

Last edited by pilot-five; 03-26-2016 at 07:43 PM.
    ejb69, kabic, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    2015 1025R FILB, iMatch, 53" Bucket, 54D Mower Deck, 54" Snow Blower, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Bracket, Heavy Hitch Front Weight Bracket, EA 48" Plugger, Garber 48" 3 point Seeder, Kens bolt on hooks, CountyLine (Tarter Gate) 60" box blade, Kenda Terra Trac HDAP tires (front and rear), CozyCab Sunshade, TSC CountyLine (Tarter) 48" yellow rototiller, BXPanded 25 gallon 3PH sprayer.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Cheesetrain is there any way you could take a photo of your 3 point setup for your Garber seeder? I agree that it isn't anywhere close to iMatch compatible, but I can't get it on my 3 point hitch at all. with the lower pins in place my top link is too long for this to attach even when at its shortest length.

Also the handle extension is not right--it puts the extension through the area of the top link so it would not move left to right at all.

As a pull behind it works great but I want to be able to lift it up and back into some tight spots hence the reason for the 3 point kit on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3719.jpg IMG_3710.jpg IMG_3716.jpg IMG_3718.jpg

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,576 Posts
    P5, if you need help modifying that lemme know...I'd like to see CT's pics too though beforehand.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks

Garber drop spreader

The handle doesn't go through the hoop. You have to bend the handle up so that the extension handle is above the hoop. I had the same same question and asked the company. They said to bend it up.

As for the top link mine didn't have any issue. I may be able to hook seeder up tomorrow and try it.

Last edited by cheesetrain; 04-24-2016 at 06:53 PM.
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    Imatch Quick Hitch

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Since it is raining a lot I decided to get back to the seeder hookup. Mine could be modified to make it iMatch compatible by cutting off the metal for the current top link pin support and then just welding a 1 1/4 diameter 6" long piece of tubing where the iMatch top link would hook up to.

Also I have tried to contact Garber on several occasions but they never seem to pick up the phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails make seeder garber imatch compatible.jpg
    gbnpp05 likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    If I get a chance and it's not raining tonight when I get home I'll hook my spreader up and take some pictures. I did use mine a week ago and noted that my top link is not as short as it will go when I hook the spreader up.

As for making it Imatch compatible, I'd thought of just putting another plate at the correct height.

I'll see what I can do tonight.

Imatch Quick Hitch

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Is your seeder tilted back when it is hooked up?

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    A little yes

Imatch Quick Hitch

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast