Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Landscape rake issue

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-21-2019 @ 06:30 PM
    Thanks

Landscape rake issue

So I bought my tractor and dealer is suppose to be getting my LR2060L landscape rake in. I never really looked into the rake, I mean its a landscape rake right. So today I look it up and JD claims its rated for a 25 hp tractor or less. I have a 2032, the salesman does not think it will be a issue. I think it could be a issue if it breaks apart in a month or 2 and no one wants to warranty it due to the HP rating. What do you think? I am thinking about telling him I want to go with the LR2172 rake which is in my HP rating.
    2015 2032R with turf tires & H130 loader, 61" HD bucket
    Ballast box (filled with rocks for now)
    IMatch hitch
    LR2060L landscape rake
    Artillian grapple
    Artillian 36" forks
    Befco wood chipper
    Little Giant PTO leaf blower
    Hydraulic snowplow
    Woods 60" Box Blade

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 08:58 PM
    Thanks
    I do not think it will be an issue but take a good look at the tines and frame construction.

I am thinking they rate the Rakes for the minimal amount of horse power required to pull it through the dirt. In the case of the 60 inch rake it is for a 1 series. So your 2032 is not necessarily "too much tractor" for the rake but rather you are leaving some pulling capability on the table since you are going to use a small rake. Your 2032 should certainly be able to handle a 72 inch rake unless the weight for it is too much for your 3pt hitch (which I doubt).

Not all rakes are created equal is what I have found. I just bought one for my 2210 back in FEB. I bought a heavy duty Tarter brand and it is 60 inches, I believe. What I have found is the weight of the implement is important if you want good results. If you see a cheap rake for sale, it is probably fairly light and you may not get good results and I would be concerned about braking it due to thinner metal etc. For a rake I would pay special attention on how the tines are attached to implement. Also look at the construction of the frame particularly where it mounts to the 3 pt hitch. Some of the different brands I looked at kind of skimped in those areas which tells me I could have problems in the future if I really work the rake hard, which I do when I use it.

I would go to Everything Attachments and listen to the video they have on their rake. Not promoting their rake (I think it is a good implement but went with a local supplier) but he brings up some things to look at when buying one. I think did not get the Deere one due to cost (can't remember). I have found most implements are cheaper if I use any other vendor beside John Deere.
    Levi, BigJim55 and Rope_Chucker like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Thanks
    Best I can think is to use it, don't abuse it, and you'll be good to go..

Good luck..
    Keep your stick on the ice... Red Green

The further north you go, the more things that can and want to eat your horse and you. Grandpa Gilbert.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    Just FWIW, last Sat I had my dealer quote me on a 60" Frontier landscape rake w/wheel kit. $1235... None in stock so he offered to check their other stores or order one in for me. No thanks. TSC just down the road has one of their brand rakes for less than $500 and I can get a wheel kit for around $200. That Frontier price was crazy!
    Jim

1025R...H120 loader w/53" bucket, Piranha tooth bar and Ken's BOH, psrumors seat springs, Frontier AP12F w/42" forks, 60D mower w/autoconnect, Frontier 647 tiller, Frontier SB1164 w/hyd. chute rotation and deflector linear actuator, Frontier ballast box, 72" County Line landscape rake, Fimco 40 gal 3 pt hitch sprayer, Paumco fork spade.

Toro Z Master, 60" deck and DFS collection system

orange dirt bikes, Yamaha Stratoliner and '68 Dart GTS...

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,150 Times in 2,306 Posts
    My first question would be - when a 60" rake is angled will it be wide enough to cover your wheel tracks?
    Rope_Chucker likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    My first question would be - when a 60" rake is angled will it be wide enough to cover your wheel tracks?
    When you angle the rake,, it does not angle much,,,
    You might loose 3 inches of width,,,
    BigJim55 likes this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    I have changed from the lr2060l rake to the LR2172 rake. Its more money but I like that I can add a drop down blade to it if necessary, beside they have it in stock and I was able to get a decent price on it. Its more of a heavier duty rake with almost twice the weight of the light duty one. I think I have plenty of tractor for a 6 ft rake and it should be no problem.
    BigJim55, coaltrain and 69project like this.
    IMatch hitch
    LR2060L landscape rake
    Artillian grapple
    Artillian 36" forks
    Befco wood chipper
    Hydraulic snowplow
    Woods 60" Box Blade

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookoil View Post
    I have changed from the lr2060l rake to the LR2172 rake. Its more money but I like that I can add a drop down blade to it if necessary, beside they have it in stock and I was able to get a decent price on it. Its more of a heavier duty rake with almost twice the weight of the light duty one. I think I have plenty of tractor for a 6 ft rake and it should be no problem.
    Hookoil---did u get the wheel kit with it? that is a great add on, I think and have on mine, but I see Frontier has changed the wheel kit since I bought mine yrs ago.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frontier stone rake.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	158586 I just wanted to add my model no. it's LR1072, and I can angle it all the way, and I still can cover the angled tire, no tire track left. but the wheel kit is very nice to have-no more having to adjust up and down, just set it down and work
    Last edited by BigJim55; 04-06-2016 at 06:29 PM.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,150 Times in 2,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookoil View Post
    I think that was a good move.

And to address the above comment about the rake only angling enough to make 3" of difference - my Frontier 72" rake had 33 or 4 adjustments in each direction and could angle quite a bit. It was just the same as a rear blade.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    I think that was a good move.

And to address the above comment about the rake only angling enough to make 3" of difference - my Frontier 72" rake had 33 or 4 adjustments in each direction and could angle quite a bit. It was just the same as a rear blade.
    I think it should be good, I plan to get the wheel kit for it in the future if I find I need it.
    coaltrain likes this.
    IMatch hitch
    LR2060L landscape rake
    Artillian grapple
    Artillian 36" forks
    Befco wood chipper
    Hydraulic snowplow
    Woods 60" Box Blade

13. Remove Advertisements