Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: MCS Dump-From-Seat Option

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-28-2017 @ 05:14 PM
    Thanks

MCS Dump-From-Seat Option

Talked to my dealer today regarding the 3-bag material collection system for the 1025R. I want to get the "dump-from-seat" option for the MCS that's designed, I believe, for the x-700 series. He said it would fit fine, but there would be a problem with reaching the "dump" arm from the 1025R seat. He called the manufacturer who makes these (Deere part #LP47170), and was told they are waiting on approval from Deere on a design with an electric actuator, to be used on the 1025R and 1023R (or, I could modify something myself). Just wanted to pass this information along.......They're priced around $600.00. I think I'll get one, and just get off the tractor to dump, for now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to speedbeef For This Useful Post:

Troutsniffer (04-11-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:03 PM
    Thanks
    TO be clear, this will also fit the 3 bag system on the 1025/1026? I'm very interested!
    2012 1026r
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    Powerflow w/ 3 bagger
    47" FE Snowblower
    48" Xtreme Box Blade from EverythingAttachments.com

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    07-30-2018 @ 09:52 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbeef View Post
    Talked to my dealer today regarding the 3-bag material collection system for the 1025R. I want to get the "dump-from-seat" option for the MCS that's designed, I believe, for the x-700 series. He said it would fit fine, but there would be a problem with reaching the "dump" arm from the 1025R seat. He called the manufacturer who makes these (Deere part #LP47170), and was told they are waiting on approval from Deere on a design with an electric actuator, to be used on the 1025R and 1023R (or, I could modify something myself). Just wanted to pass this information along.......They're priced around $600.00. I think I'll get one, and just get off the tractor to dump, for now.
    I had a guy last year put one on his 1 Series. It is a bit of a reach, but not too bad. I know that manufacturer has been waiting quite a while to get approval from Deere for that electric hook-up. Deere can be painfully slow when it comes to new product approval. Take it from me!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3750.jpg   IMG_3751.jpg   IMG_3747.JPG   IMG_3748.JPG  

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Randy Lang For This Useful Post:

Troutsniffer (04-12-2016)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Troutsniffer View Post
    TO be clear, this will also fit the 3 bag system on the 1025/1026? I'm very interested!
    Hi Troutsniffer! Yes, the stainless hopper is just an add-on to your existing MCS Hopper. Slide the bags off, slide the metal hopper on, insert 2 pins and it is good to go. As I said in the previous post, the electric actuator could be a ways out knowing Deere. That unit will likely be more than $600.00, though.

Good news for you, it already works with the your MCS I-Match Adaptor Bracket you bought from me a couple years back! Bonus for you!

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    That is pretty cool! And like beef said, I can just get off and pull the lever by it's side. Beats dragging those bags around in the sticky humidity. I think I'd pass on the electric motor but I will come up with some sort of extension.
    Thanks for posting those pics, Randy. I'm still loving the iMatch bracket!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Randy Lang likes this.
    2012 1026r
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    Powerflow w/ 3 bagger
    47" FE Snowblower

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    03-28-2017 @ 10:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Troutsniffer View Post
    That is pretty cool! And like beef said, I can just get off and pull the lever by it's side. Beats dragging those bags around in the sticky humidity. I think I'd pass on the electric motor but I will come up with some sort of extension.
    Thanks for posting those pics, Randy. I'm still loving the iMatch bracket!

How much does the stainless steel dump box cost to add??

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    ~$600

2012 1026r
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    Powerflow w/ 3 bagger
    47" FE Snowblower

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Thanks
    This is a big part of why I didn't buy a 1-Series. I was looking to replace my X585 but didn't want to go from my cart to bags. Bags are fine for some people but in my case I collect mainly leaves in the fall and dump them in the back yard where I have a compost pile. While it is a pain to get off the machine to dump it would me much more of a pain to dump 3 bags on the ground. Now if I had to put my leaves into a bags or a trailer to haul them off property then the 3 bag collection system would be more attractive to me but that isn't the case.

There is an aftermarket option that I saw but since it isn't John Deere there was no way to roll it into the package for financing. I didn't want a solution that required a pony motor but there is Protero which makes one that is PTO powered. I also didn't want a trailer as it is a pain when going around the trees.

In the end I went with the Z950R with the DFS Collection System. I would like to take a look at it and see if I can convert the manual dump lever to an electric one. For what little I have used it so far it works fine and I can reach it from the seat but I am a Disabled Vet and my left shoulder is one of the areas where I have sustained injuries while in service so it can be hard physically for me lift the arm fully. From what I have read the Z997 has a power dump in the MCS. I have never seen one in person though so not sure on the details for that.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I think the dump from seat hopper is a good idea, but it has to be right for your situation. You are going to need some area to dump and clear the hopper. It sits pretty low to the ground, so I don't think you are going to be able to pile it very well. I imagine it will work the best in situations where you may have some tree rows or a field to dump in different areas each time. If you want to compost, you are going to end up piling it up by hand anyway.

As with every option on any machine, you have to choose what works best for you. Definitely a back-saver!

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I would think I would dump it in 2 or 3 successive piles then push them back with my FEL.

Randy, just a thought: You could design and fabricate for market an extension handle. I'd be first in line again!
    Last edited by Troutsniffer; 04-12-2016 at 09:33 AM.
    Randy Lang likes this.
    2012 1026r
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    Powerflow w/ 3 bagger
    47" FE Snowblower

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast