JD bedder

Thread: JD bedder

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 08:08 PM
    Thanks

JD bedder

The implement in the pic would most likely have ended up in a scrap yard had I not purchased it.

Really had hoped to also get some mounted cultivators and other accessories that were made to fit a model 70 and some for a 720 from the same seller. Someone else decided that hauling them to a scrap yard was more important.

Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

So far, I haven't determined with a 100% certainty if this is for sure an F311 bedder, but it is very similar.

For $100, I figured it was money well spent. You can't tell by looking at the pic that it's 12 feet in length from one end to the other. Hopefully some original hub caps/covers can be purchased elsewhere.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails #1.jpg  
    Last edited by green and red man; 10-11-2012 at 08:01 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 08:08 PM
    Thanks
    Just got the bedder dismantled over the weekend and hauled home. I decided to take it apart instead of having to pull a trailer 130 miles.

Whewee, it was quite toasty up on that hill where the bedder was at!!! Was looking the part of a country boy with the cowboy hat and long sleeved shirt to keep the sun off me. Didn't help to slow the sweat though. Don't think there was a dry thread on me after carrying those heavy parts and having to bust loose rusty nuts and bolts that haven't moved in 2 or 3 decades. At least I had a tractor at the house to help unload and do the heavy lifting. Don't know what that hunk of iron weighs that serves as the main frame, but it's not light weight at all.

Had to scare off a not so friendly mama cow that let me know I wasn't welcome in her pasture. Gave her a blast of compressed air from the compressor. She decided not to tangle with me after that and moved on. Thank goodness. You gotta be careful around cows that have calves that are still nursing. They can hurt ya for sure.

Was too tired and dirty to care about taking pics of how the implement looked after being taken apart or pics of the irritated cow. LOL

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bedder 2.jpg  
    Last edited by green and red man; 11-05-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: an angry cow

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements