Green Tractor Talk banner

New completed homebuilt grapple

5K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  mjncad 
#1 ·
Alright, I got it done. I tested it first before I painted it, and it works GREAT! Now I can cut down some problem tree limbs and haul them off with style. I didn't like using the top jaw on my bucket because of the flexing of the steel on top. So I made a dedicated frame to perminently mount it to. Like I said before, it ain't pretty, but it works. You may see some frankenstien welds (strong but ugly) but the black paint sure helps to hide them. Thanks for lookin
KHOP PS, the last pic is my shop, and I'll try later to get a video of it working.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks light yet very strong! Very impressive work. I can't tell you how handy my grapple has been over the past year. It's been on nearly as much as the bucket, I'm sure you'll find similar use for yours.

Reactions: driveshaft
#4 ·
Very very nice work KHOP!:drinks: Looks nice and lightweight.:good2:

#5 ·
AWESOME :good2:

#11 ·
Just came across this, what a fantastic job! Equally impressive is your shop. :thumbup1gif:

I'm going to just slink of somewhere and sulk about my disorganized shop and lack of welding ability...:cray:

Pete

#12 ·
Very nice work .

#14 ·
I like that. Very ingenious and creative. Looks professional.

#15 ·
Nice job on the grapple. Not only does it fit the "I look mean" criteria, but it meets the most critical requirements for our size tractor, that being strength and quality build plus light weight. Job well done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.