Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: John Deere I match question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-10-2018 @ 11:32 PM
    Thanks

John Deere I match question

I have worked out a deal for the imatch in the link below. Afterwards I realized I have never seen a black and worry if it is a fake or something. Can somebody shed some light on it.

John Deere I-Match hitch

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 10:28 AM
    Thanks
    Looks like he did a quickie spray paint job on it. Probably has scratches that he wanted to hide before selling. Can't blame him there but... Deere sells spray paint! He could have at least used the right colors.

It seems pretty clear to me that he taped over the labels and sprayed it. That thing didn't come from the factory like that. Note that the catches for the bottom pins are also green. He probably took those off when he painted it.

As long as it's 100% functional and the price is right, I wouldn't be to concerned about the paint color.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:28 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,126 Posts
    this is just my 2cts, so don't get angry, but I think that its a Harbor Freight hitch doctored up with some jd decals and a little green paint, why do I say that , only because how the handles are made that releases the pins. take a look at HF's and than at JD's, mine doesn't look nothing like that. u can go to HF and get one for around $100 . just my 2cts
    TJR345 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    glc
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	2520 012.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	895.5 KB
ID:	167417I don't know Big Jim. It sure looks like a JD. Bottom left pic is Harbor Freight
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image_11990.jpg 00U0U_JlAafhkYrC_600x450.jpg
    Last edited by glc; 04-20-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 2,313 Posts
    I would shy away from something sketchy like this. A hitch like this is a life long investement - I wouldn't cheap out on it.
    TJR345 likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 10:28 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim 55 View Post
    this is just my 2cts, so don't get angry, but I think that its a Harbor Freight hitch doctored up with some jd decals and a little green paint, why do I say that , only because how the handles are made that releases the pins. take a look at HF's and than at JD's, mine doesn't look nothing like that. u can go to HF and get one for around $100 . just my 2cts

Deere changed those release handles at some point. Mine are straight but if you do a Google image search there are tons of pics of the iMatch hitch with the curved handles.

I took my laptop out o the garage and compare every single thing I could think of between the pics above and my iMatch hitch and every hole, bolt and weld is in the exact right place and shape.
    etcallhome and Levi like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Looks like he did a quickie spray paint job on it. Probably has scratches that he wanted to hide before selling. Can't blame him there but... Deere sells spray paint! He could have at least used the right colors.

It seems pretty clear to me that he taped over the labels and sprayed it. That thing didn't come from the factory like that. Note that the catches for the bottom pins are also green. He probably took those off when he painted it.

As long as it's 100% functional and the price is right, I wouldn't be to concerned about the paint color.
    Ad says it's new. So it should not have been painted.
    2019 2038r, iMatch, ballast box, frontier SB54, Woodland Mills WC68 PTO Chipper, 270B Backhoe, 60 MMM

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:14 AM
    Thanks
    I have both the JD unit and the HF unit. This one sure looks like a JD unit. There is no comparison in quality. All you have to do is move the release latches and you will see the difference. The JD unit also weighs considerably more. Now, the questions is... Why is it painted black? Especially since he says it is new. That would be worth the trip to look at it just so you could ask that question. If it is really a JD unit, forget about the paint color and work out a deal on the price and take it home. I would pay less since it is not JD green.

Dave

PS:: Another thought after I submitted my reply.... Maybe this is the industrial version??? I believe the industrial loader buckets are black??
    Last edited by ddinham; 04-20-2016 at 01:41 PM.
    Levi likes this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    05-10-2018 @ 11:32 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    I have both the JD unit and the HF unit. This one sure looks like a JD unit. There is no comparison in quality. All you have to do is move the release latches and you will see the difference. The JD unit also weighs considerably more. Now, the questions is... Why is it painted black? Especially since he says it is new. That would be worth the trip to look at it just so you could ask that question. If it is really a JD unit, forget about the paint color and work out a deal on the price and take it home. I would pay less since it is not JD green.

Dave

PS:: Another thought after I submitted my reply.... Maybe this is the industrial version??? I believe the industrial loader buckets are black??
    I have all ready worked out a deal for $150 but it is about 2 1/2 hours away for me so I just cant go look at it. I was planning on picking it up Sunday. I think they made some black ones but I am not sure. It looks legit to me but that is why I brought it here before I made a 6 hour round trip for nothing and I am not going to get mad so any opinions are welcome.
    Levi likes this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeaw121384 View Post
    I have all ready worked out a deal for $150 but it is about 2 1/2 hours away for me so I just cant go look at it. I was planning on picking it up Sunday. I think they made some black ones but I am not sure. It looks legit to me but that is why I brought it here before I made a 6 hour round trip for nothing and I am not going to get mad so any opinions are welcome.
    I have seen that ad on CL for a while. I thought it was a scam, did you actually talk to someone or has it been email only? It is definitely weird that someone painted it black. I thought it was a HF special but does appear to look like a JD brand once you get a close look at it.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast