Any opinions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Thanks
    Hmmm... I ran across this one a couple of weeks back and have been toying with the possibilities.

Limbinator Saws by Flexxifinger

btw, this is available through Rural King for $1,750.
    Last edited by JimR; 04-24-2016 at 08:51 PM.
    BigJim55 and OldmanX like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    07-18-2018 @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks
    Yeah i saw the bar one but im afraid the chain will jump. Plus the bar one cant go side ways like the circular saw can which can cut low to the ground.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-16-2018 @ 06:37 AM
    Thanks
    OldmanX likes this.
    2001 John Deere 4300 MFWD with 420 FEL, Woods BH 70 backhoe, Bush Hog 60" rotary cutter, Everything Attachments wicked grapple, Artillian diverter kit and hoses, 6' box blade, Springtooth plow, carryall. Power beyond kit and one remote. Towing it with a Dodge Ram 3500 and a 22' tilt trailer.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Heres the video of the circular saw one. Shows it cutting low and high.

https://youtu.be/98Qfo-B2b0g

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge6070 View Post
    Yeah i saw the bar one but im afraid the chain will jump. Plus the bar one cant go side ways like the circular saw can which can cut low to the ground.

*nods* There seem to be pros/cons both ways. The circular blade is limited to cutting limbs 4.5" in diameter and smaller but can be used horizontal as a brush blade.

The chain setup allows you to cut larger limbs.

The biggest drawback to all of them is that they all seem to want 10 GPM from your hydraulic system. For those of us with SCUTs/MCUTs, that means an aux hydro pump system.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Thanks

Limb cutter

I saw one at a farm sale. The farmer selling it had been very satisfied and happy with it. It was on a large 4wd tractor, 125-150 hp with loader to match so hydraulics weren't an issue. He was retiring and that was part of the overall sale, tractor, loader and saw. He usually worked alone and felt it was much safer.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    My tractor is a 5205 4x4. So maybe ill have enough juice

I mean the saw would be nice but just throwing the chain, bending the bar...gets me..and oiling it.

The limbhog says its saw cuts up to 5" diameter..but the circular one is 4.5".

Ehh hard decision..im leaning to the circular one just due to no oiling, not chain jumping, and it can cut sideways
    BigJim55 likes this.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Thanks

Chain oil

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge6070 View Post
    My tractor is a 5205 4x4. So maybe ill have enough juice

I mean the saw would be nice but just throwing the chain, bending the bar...gets me..and oiling it.

The limbhog says its saw cuts up to 5" diameter..but the circular one is 4.5".

Ehh hard decision..im leaning to the circular one just due to no oiling, not chain jumping, and it can cut sideways
    If I remember right, the one I saw (viewed) at the sale had an oil reservoir on the saw. Except for size, I don't see much difference in the concept of the saws on barker/delimber/trim units used by loggers to cut to length. Admittedly, those are much larger saws but they get used very hard all day, every day and I don't hear about a lot of problems with them.

The sideways cut would be very nice. I use a blade on a brush saw frequently. After a few hours of that, I would be happy to trade it for a tractor mounted rig. The downside for either is when you run close to the ground eventually you will find a rock or piece of metal and be looking at a new blade or considerable resharpening. It MIGHT be harder to see the foreign objects from the tractor seat but at least you will be further away from the flying debris.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements