Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Looking for a finish mower

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-21-2019 @ 06:30 PM
    Thanks

Looking for a finish mower

Looking to get a rear mount finish mower for my 2032r. I would like it to work with my IMatch hitch. I am looking at either a 5 or 6ft mower. What brand and model should I look for. Probably going to buy a good used one unless there is a reason I should not.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Thanks
    I've had a Woods for the past 22 years and it has been an absolute great machine. Quality built and does a beautiful job on the yard.
    I mow just over 3 acres on a weekly basis and the only maintenance I've had to do on this mower is a idler bearing and 1 belt.

One thing I might recommend is a rear discharge, mine is a side discharge and when the grass is high in the wet seasons, it can pile up pretty good from the chute.
    Brians2032R likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aclass View Post
    I've had a Woods for the past 22 years and it has been an absolute great machine. Quality built and does a beautiful job on the yard.
    I mow just over 3 acres on a weekly basis and the only maintenance I've had to do on this mower is a idler bearing and 1 belt.

One thing I might recommend is a rear discharge, mine is a side discharge and when the grass is high in the wet seasons, it can pile up pretty good from the chute.
    Sometimes I wish I had gone this route instead of the mid mount.
    coaltrain likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    Hiya,

Any of the major brands (Land Pride, Woods, Frontier for example) should be fine however they won't be plentiful or inexpensive this time of the year on the used market. You should get prices from the dealer as well.

I would stick with a 60" mower, rear discharge for the best clearance mowing in tight spaces. If your mowing wide open spaces, jump to the 72 as it will run it fine but stick at least 3-42 Lb suitcase weights on the front to counter the weight hanging off the back when you lift it.

Also, stick to the light duty versions, you don't need the medium duty with the 2000 series. I had a 2520 with a 60" Sitrix that worked super good, the local dealer had a Land Pride 2572 medium duty he let me try, it would power it well but it was really heavy so I stuck with the lighter Sitrix.

As far as the iMatch, if you find a mower at a good price and it isn't QH compatible, don't sweat it. Since they are on 4 wheels, hooking up is easy and having no QH in the way makes it easier to put the PTO shaft on.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:10 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookoil View Post
    Looking to get a rear mount finish mower for my 2032r. I would like it to work with my IMatch hitch. I am looking at either a 5 or 6ft mower. What brand and model should I look for. Probably going to buy a good used one unless there is a reason I should not.
    Hook-O

The first implement purchase that I made after acquiring land in Southern Ohio and a tractor two years ago was a 84 inch (7 ft.) rear discharge Farm King finishing mower. This replaced a nearly worn out 5 ft. Bushhog. The mower was 15 years old when purchased used from Craigslist for 1/3rd the price of a new one. If you've read any of my other posts regarding quick hitches, you'll find that I'm a Pat's ECS champion all the way after a bad experience with a non iMatch Chinese made QH.

The quality of cut is what impresses me the most about my Farm King; it has caster wheels on all four corners and adjustable cut height from 1-1/4" to about 4" tall. It also has an anti-scalping roller and 7 ga. steel deck, so it's "hell for stout" tough. We use an old Simplicity rider to do the cut-out mowing around the creek and trees/bushes, and the finishing mower for the rest. Full disclosure here, my tractor is a JD4720 with enough oomph to operate an even wider mower, but we remain satisfied with the results.

If the rain holds off tomorrow, I'll likely get some seat time. If it rains, the seat time will wait until next week.

Good luck with your decision,

Brian
    Last edited by PikeCoGreenTractorMan; 04-26-2016 at 07:25 AM. Reason: further thoughts
    aclass likes this.
    Brian

2005 JD4720 open station that replaced a thoroughly worn out late 1940's Ford 8N
    Factory rear wheel weights
    JD 400x loader
    1997 Farm King 7 ft RMFM
    KBOGH's; Pat's ECS for Cat-1 hitch
    5 ft. Bush Hog dating from the dawn of Mankind

'94Honda 300 cc Fourtrax, '16 Honda 500 cc Foreman

Misc. rusty implements
    2X Simplicity Riding Mowers
    Second-hand Homemade log splitter (aka " The Beast")

46-1/4 acres in the majestic rolling hills in Southern Ohio

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 861 Posts
    I've had excellect service out of my Befco and would buy another in a heartbeat.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 10:12 AM
    Thanks
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:40 PM
    Thanks
    I have an older woods RM500" I use on my 2032r. It was given to me, I just rebuilt it and it mows great. I tried hooking it to my QH, not an iMatch and the drive shaft is about 4" inches too short. But it does hook up fine. I am thinking of getting a longer shaft so I can use the QH. Other wise I love the way it mows. Better than any MMM I have ever owned.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Thanks
    Good advice on the weight tomd999, my woods is quite heavy.

TickTock, why do you wish you hadn't gone mid mount, I'm actually considering making the switch to mid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 3039R 165FEL / Woods RM660 / Fimco 40gal 3pt / Frontier 1060 Aerator / Frontier subsoiler / 3 pt spreader / HLA pallet forks / 6ft blade / 6ft Lucknow 3pt snowblower / $50 boom pole that never gets used anymore

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

Looking for a finish mower

Quote Originally Posted by aclass View Post
    TickTock, why do you wish you hadn't gone midmount
    I think the 60" midmount unit cut quality is subpar. My old x320 with the 54" deck cut much better. Frankly I think the whole mounting system and adjustment technique is a bit of a kludge too.
    BigJim55 likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast