06-27-2016 @ 01:43 PM
    Thanks

Possible Improvement for ROPS Lighting

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tractor Light.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	387.5 KB 
ID:	175282

While I have been enjoying my brand new 2025 R, I must say that I have been woefully disappointed by the lighting kit that comes from the factory. Deere seems awfully behind the times with these clunky filament type lights, square plastic housings, and poor output. My first thought was to bolt on a clunky aftermarket light with the brush guards but with the pricing, wiring, and work arounds required I wanted to design a better way. This is what I came up with, thoughts? Feedback?
    Bubber and johnH123 like this.
    2016 - John Deere 2025R w/62 MMM and H130 Loader

I'm an architect, but I'm trying not to be on my 5 acre Vineyard outside of Kansas City.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,149 Times in 2,588 Posts
    Most guys just mount LED lightbars or LED worklights from Amazon on the ROPS, there are MANY threads if you do some searching.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Most guys just mount LED lightbars or LED worklights from Amazon on the ROPS, there are MANY threads if you do some searching.
    I've seen them. Great, one more thing to catch a branch on. One more thing I have to make mounts and attachments for.

I'm an architect, but I'm trying not to be on my 5 acre Vineyard outside of Kansas City.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    04-26-2019 @ 07:43 PM
    Thanks
    Swap your lights from left to right so they will be on the inside of the rops. Tie a string to your light wires and pull them up through the rops tubes, untie the strings and then tie the strings to the wires from the other light and pull them back down through the tubes. I mounted led lights on the guards I put around my factory lights.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,149 Times in 2,588 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KCArchitect View Post
    I've seen them. Great, one more thing to catch a branch on. One more thing I have to make mounts and attachments for.
    Sorry for trying to help, good luck with your project
    johnH123, GMind and LoneStranger like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

GMind (05-12-2016)

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KCArchitect For This Useful Post:

GMind (05-12-2016)

11. Top | #7

Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 11:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KCArchitect View Post

Name:	Tractor Light.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	387.5 KB 
ID:	175282

While I have been enjoying my brand new 2025 R, I must say that I have been woefully disappointed by the lighting kit that comes from the factory. Deere seems awfully behind the times with these clunky filament type lights, square plastic housings, and poor output. My first thought was to bolt on a clunky aftermarket light with the brush guards but with the pricing, wiring, and work arounds required I wanted to design a better way. This is what I came up with, thoughts? Feedback?
    Interesting idea. Lets see your prototype.
    I'm not too convinced about the light output of your spot/flood singe LED combos it seems to show.
    I see the number of lights needed in LED bars etc. to produce decent light and am skeptical about the output from a single 0 degree spot and 15 degree flood.
    Also you are talking about a number of high power LEDS heatsinks etc. inside a small housing The power requirements (and heat dissipation requirements inside of a sealed plastic unit, unless you intend to change to a metal housing) of your design seem to be beyond the capacity of the 20ga with that supplies the current tail/flasher lights which you seem to be replacing.
    Last edited by mn1025rfilb; 05-06-2016 at 07:53 PM.
    keane likes this.
    2015 1025r FILB (H120 49" w/piranha bar & KBOGHs, 60" Auto-connect MMM)
    Artillian Frame, Forks, Grapple and Diverter
    BB2060 Frontier Box Blade
    PB1001 Frontier 1 Bottom Turning Plow
    54" JD Snow Blower
    647JD Tiller
    LP1160 land plane
    Tektite Backhoe cab

Just need a Wallenstein Chipper and... I'm sure I'll think of something more

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:30 PM
    Thanks
    So this would replace the blank cover facing the front of the machine? Seems like a neat idea.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mn1025rfilb View Post
    Interesting idea. Lets see your prototype.
    I'm not too convinced about the light output of your spot/flood singe LED combos it seems to show.
    I see the number of lights needed in LED bars etc. to produce decent light and am skeptical about the output from a single 0 degree spot and 15 degree flood.
    Also you are talking about a number of high power LEDS heat syncs etc. inside a small housing The power requirements (and heat dissipation requirements inside of a sealed plastic unit, unless you intend to change to a metal housing) of your design seem to be beyond the capacity of the 20ga with that supplies the current tail/flasher lights which you seem to be replacing.
    I've used the LEDs before, these are a 10W High Power that come mounted to a heat sync. The ones typically used in the light bars are only .3W each so they need a lot more of them. Measured temperature usually tops out around 110 degrees with the ones I've used in the past. As for the degrees, the markings are degrees off of center ahead, so the spot will likely be a 60º beam angle at 0º (straight ahead). The flood will be a 120º Beam angle that is 15º left or right of center. The idea was with the wider beam to angle it away from the seat position so you don't blind yourself when they are on. I'm going to do a prototype in PLA, the finals I'll have done either in Metal or ABS with molded in heat syncs. I won't be relying on the housing wiring to power these, the drivers only pull around 300 Ma each so with everything turned on at the same time at the most I should be drawing around 1.5 Amps at 12V. I should be able to handle that on the existing accessory plugs at the back of the tractor. I believe that circuit and wire is rated for 3 amps. As the design progresses I may add a voltage readout, USB charger, Accessory plug, etc. We will see. I'll try to post a picture that shows the output from one of the 10W LEDs.
    Bubber, BillieS, OldmanX and 2 others like this.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KCArchitect For This Useful Post:

130Oxbow (05-10-2016)

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    07-30-2019 @ 04:45 PM
    Thanks

Is it me or did cool breeze blow in here?

Name:	images-1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	176386

-Lou

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast