Handy tow a long herbicide liquid sprayer?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By SulleyBear
  • 1 Post By arlen

Thread: Handy tow a long herbicide liquid sprayer?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 05:31 AM
    Thanks

Handy tow a long herbicide liquid sprayer?

I am seeking information on where to purchase rubber pumping tubes for my Handy tow behind herbicide sprayer. I did search and could not find anything. Some years ago, I was able to purchase new made to length tubes for a different sprayer. I no longer can find the info from the purchase. My fuzzy memory tells me, the then new purchase was from a company in the Midwest. Wisconsin?? Company was along a river. Perhaps the company sold ag sprayer parts. I know, not much to go on.
    Any ideas where to make the purchase of this type of tubing? Former purchase was made to a custom length.
    Thanks,
    Could not position picture right side up, sorry. Was correct before upload.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Handy sprayer.jpg   Handy tubes.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:09 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    I am seeking information on where to purchase rubber pumping tubes for my Handy tow behind herbicide sprayer. I did search and could not find anything. Some years ago, I was able to purchase new made to length tubes for a different sprayer. I no longer can find the info from the purchase. My fuzzy memory tells me, the then new purchase was from a company in the Midwest. Wisconsin?? Company was along a river. Perhaps the company sold ag sprayer parts. I know, not much to go on.
    Any ideas where to make the purchase of this type of tubing? Former purchase was made to a custom length.
    Thanks,
    Could not position picture right side up, sorry. Was correct before upload.
    As long as the new rubber line is resistant to chemicals, any line that is the same length and diameter would work. These are not high pressure lines and the crimped on ends are just a style of clamp which the original manufacturer used. I would simply take the lines to the nearest auto parts or farm supply store and get some bulk hose and hose clamps and cut the plastic connectors out of the existing line and insert them into the new line and clamp them with new hose clamps.

Just slit the old lines very carefully at the plastic connectors and you should be able to remove them and reuse them. If the plastic ends are damaged, a farm supply store likely has those in stock as well.

As long as you stay with the same diameter lines and close to the same length, you shouldn't see any difference in pressures, etc from the sprayer. Just be careful to get the same INSIDE DIAMETER lines, as that is what is important. You can seperate the old clamps where they overlap when they were pressed onto the hoses. Otherwise, use side cutters or something similar to cut the clamps so you can get the threaded plastic ends out of the old lines to reuse them on the new lines you are going to custom make.

Good luck and hope this helps.......
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 05-08-2016 at 11:05 AM. Reason: added content
    arlen and 5304 like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 05:31 AM
    Thanks
    Hardi North America
    1500 West 76th ST
    Davenport, IA 5280

I am thinking now, this may be the place. Two things going for it, Midwest and near a river.
    I have sent a email to them.

Thanks, Sullybear for your post. If I am not able to find OEM tubing, I will do as as you have posted.
    Thanks again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wildfox For This Useful Post:

kjmk (05-08-2016)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Thanks
    Hardi North America
    1500 West 76th ST
    Davenport, IA 5280

I am thinking now, this may be the place. Two things going for it, Midwest and near a river.

Thanks, Sullybear for your post. If I am not able to find OEM tubing, I will do as as you have posted.
    Thanks again.
    They sell ag sprayer hose in bulk at Tractor supply along with all the fittings that you will need to make the sprayer work.
    OldmanX likes this.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    01-16-2017 @ 03:18 PM
    Thanks
    Hardi North America
    1500 West 76th ST
    Davenport, IA 5280

Thanks again.
    Davenport is along the Mississippi, but that plant/company is about as far away from the river as you can get and still be in Davenport. Place is a stone's throw away from Interstate 80, between Rt 61, Brady Street and Northwest Blvd. Son drives that stretch of I-80 twice a day, sometimes more.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Thanks
    I think I get it now....That sprayer isn't electric or PTO driven. It pumps somehow with the wheels as it gets towed? Those tubes are part of the pumping mechanism. I guess they would be somewhat special then. For get my advice about TSC.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements