• 2 Post By JDforester
  • 2 Post By JDforester

Thread: Brand New Disk Harrow

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

Brand New Disk Harrow

Ran it for about an hour today. Works great and even cuts in to dry hard sod. I won't use it for breaking much, but if I were going to, I would add just a bit of weight. Maybe 100 lbs split between front and rear. I looked at some smaller cheaper disks. And they were just that. They all had Smaller diameter disks, less disks, less weight and cheaper quality. I am fairly certain this is a TarterUsa built Disk.
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	176970
    Last edited by JDforester; 05-10-2016 at 09:49 PM.
    3720 CAB EHYDRO | 300CX | RB2184 | AP12F | RC2072 | PC1072 | AB11E | DH1180 | iMatch | 827E

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JDforester For This Useful Post:

lindsey97(05-11-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Thanks

Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by JDforestry View Post
    Ran it for about an hour today. Works great and even cuts in to dry hard sod. I won't use it for breaking much, but if I were going to, I would add just a bit of weight. Maybe 100 lbs split between front and rear. I looked at some smaller cheaper disks. And they were just that. They all had Smaller diameter disks, less disks, less weight and cheaper quality. I am fairly certain this is a TarterUsa built Disk.

Views:	77
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	176970
    Nice, I'm envious but not sure I could pull it with the 790. It looks good though.

Treefarmer
    grnspot110 and BigJim55 like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

5. Top | #3
    JKR
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Thanks
    Very nice. I would like to get one soon. I'm looking at Every thing attachment now and the John Deere.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    3033R, HST, 3SVC, 60" heavy bucket with replaceable blade, H165 loader, Trans and engine heater, 60" tow behind mower.
    hydraulic top link, Line kit, 72" hydraulic power angle plow, JD pallet forks, 60" box blade, 60" scraper,
    72" rear rake, Homemade rock bucket, Post hole digger.Piranha Tooth Bar, Ballast box, rear chains,

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    Nice, I'm envious but not sure I could pull it with the 790. It looks good though.

Treefarmer
    Do you have MFWD? I was pulling it in two wheel only. With my MFWD on it doesn't even make the engine work. This unit had less weight per disk than the next model down, the DH1176 but I wanted tighter disk spacing for better coverage for cutting lumps and stuff. If your at 30 HP and no front assist, I'd check out the DH1166. Then you could add a bit of weight to keep it on the ground if your disking at a higher speed.
    3720 CAB EHYDRO | 300CX | RB2184 | AP12F | RC2072 | PC1072 | AB11E | DH1180 | iMatch | 827E

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 07:51 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,091 Posts
    I am fairly certain this is a TarterUsa built Disk.

I've been pretty impressed with Tarter. Everything I've seen from box blade to cattle equipment seems to be really good quality.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    I've been pretty impressed with Tarter. Everything I've seen from box blade to cattle equipment seems to be really good quality.
    Tarter is making quite a few Frontier pieces.

I have the official Original Manufacturer list for all Frontier products. I can't post it, but I can look up any model.
    56FordGuy, JKR, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Thanks

All four

Do you have MFWD? I was pulling it in two wheel only. With my MFWD on it doesn't even make the engine work. This unit had less weight per disk than the next model down, the DH1176 but I wanted tighter disk spacing for better coverage for cutting lumps and stuff. If your at 30 HP and no front assist, I'd check out the DH1166. Then you could add a bit of weight to keep it on the ground if your disking at a higher speed.
    I'm MFWD and I think 30 hp (gross engine). Maybe it would work well.

Thanks.

Treefarmer
    BigJim55 and Rope_Chucker like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

11. Top | #8
    JKR
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Thanks
    I have a question. Tarter makes Tractor Supply Company Disc, rotary cutters tillers are they the same as John Deere? I'm not sure. I looked at a TSC rotary cutter and bought a John Deere It was a more money but I though it was worth it.
    But I got a Tiller at TSC that I though it look just like the JD with yellow paint.
    TSC makes a Disc harrow heavy duty square tube. Would this compare to the JD?
    BigJim55 and johnH123 like this.
    3033R, HST, 3SVC, 60" heavy bucket with replaceable blade, H165 loader, Trans and engine heater, 60" tow behind mower.
    hydraulic top link, Line kit, 72" hydraulic power angle plow, JD pallet forks, 60" box blade, 60" scraper,
    72" rear rake, Homemade rock bucket, Post hole digger.Piranha Tooth Bar, Ballast box, rear chains,

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JKR View Post
    I have a question. Tarter makes Tractor Supply Company Disc, rotary cutters tillers are they the same as John Deere? I'm not sure. I looked at a TSC rotary cutter and bought a John Deere It was a more money but I though it was worth it.
    But I got a Tiller at TSC that I though it look just like the JD with yellow paint.
    TSC makes a Disc harrow heavy duty square tube. Would this compare to the JD?
    Ok so I had a look at my list. I was wrong about Tarter making the DH series. Its actually Monroe-Tufline who makes all smaller Frontier Disks, and Kello-Bilt all large Frontier Disks.

The Rotary Cutters are made by Tarter. The RT series Tillers, and the RC series Row-Crop Tillers are made by Maschio.
    JKR and BigJim55 like this.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    And here is a shot with it rigged up. So far I've only used it with the gangs angled. Will try to some disking with them straight for a smoother finish later this week. It's been so dry and windy lately there's been no point trying to disk.

Views:	25
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	178906
    JKR and BigJim55 like this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements