Backhoe Attachment Brackets

Thread: Backhoe Attachment Brackets

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-26-2019 @ 10:35 PM
    Thanks

Backhoe Attachment Brackets

Hello,

I have a John Deere 1830 with a Kubota KM190 backhoe attachment. Last night while pulling a stump the top brackets that attach the hoe to the tractor let go. It was not the best set up. I am wondering what the best set up would be for this implement for sturdiness. I have included pictures for viewing. I was thinking maybe attaching to the lift arms of the 3pt hitch? as shown in one picture, or pivot back down to the bottom bract as outlined in red in another piture. Do not mind the chains as they holding the hoe up so it did not drag when moving it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lrft Side Bracket.jpg   Right Side Tractor.jpg   Should it go here.jpg   or here.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,145 Times in 2,586 Posts
    I don't think I would attach to the top link brackets, the axle seems much stronger.
    I would repair/remake what you had, but add triangular gussets between the tower (where the backhoe arms pin in) to the plate, that way the stress is distributed to both sides of the plates that are bolted to the axle.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:38 AM
    Thanks
    I think what KD said would be good advice. I would not hook them up to your 3pt hitch. Interesting setup you have there. It appears you are breaking some rather heavy steel. You may even want to go a bit heavier with the brace that KD said to use.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:24 AM
    Thanks
    Maybe it's just the picture, but it appears that the break on the left side is already rusted up. Maybe it was fractured already, and the right gave it up finally. The plates appear to be welded together in the middle, and the break looks like it follows the heat affected zone in that area.
    Jason

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements