Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kennyd

Thread: Attachment Storage.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 12:07 AM
    Thanks

Attachment Storage.

Along with my 214 came a tiller, a plow, a mower deck, and a snowblower attachment. Even just acquired a nifty JD utility trailer. I'm in a residential area, with only an acre of land, and don't have a barn. Just a couple sheds and tarps. The attachments uninstalled are cumbersome to move around, and most are on castered dollys. Some were stored here, and others there. I want to build a dedicated area for all these toys, but don't want to use up that much floor space.
    Has anyone ever come up with a clever way to lift and store something like the plow, or blower attachments? I'm trying to devise something, and checked Google images, and can't really find any worthwhile ideas.
    Grasshopper

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,134 Times in 2,577 Posts
    You can get some used pallet racking/shelving from craigslist if you can find a place for it, but without a loader it wouldn't be easy to get stuff on the shelves.
    Levi and LoneStranger like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,906 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeq View Post
    Along with my 214 came a tiller, a plow, a mower deck, and a snowblower attachment. Even just acquired a nifty JD utility trailer. I'm in a residential area, with only an acre of land, and don't have a barn. Just a couple sheds and tarps. The attachments uninstalled are cumbersome to move around, and most are on castered dollys. Some were stored here, and others there. I want to build a dedicated area for all these toys, but don't want to use up that much floor space.
    Has anyone ever come up with a clever way to lift and store something like the plow, or blower attachments? I'm trying to devise something, and checked Google images, and can't really find any worthwhile ideas.
    Like was said, without a FEL it can be a problem. Only thing I can think of is what you said about a couple sheds and tarps. In the area you have that, get rid of the sheds and where all that is, build one building to cover that area and you can have it in all one building. Other then that I'm no help.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Alright men, I might be onto something.
    Some of you more "experienced" individuals, may be able to identify this item.

I purchased this bumper jack about 35 years ago, and haven't had any major needs for it the past 10 or 20, so I was contemplating incorporating it into my JD attachment shed, and lifting things like the blower attachment onto a heavy metal shelf. Amazingly, the ram still holds oil, and works perfectly. I'm sure it wasn't made in China. Different ideas to accomplish this, but think I can make it work, W/O too much effort. What do ya think?
    Last edited by joeq; 05-14-2016 at 07:27 PM.
    Grasshopper

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeq View Post
    Alright men, I might be onto something.
    Some of you more "experienced" individuals, may be able to identify this item.

I purchased this bumper jack about 35 years ago, and haven't had any major needs for it the past 10 or 20, so I was contemplating incorporating it into my JD attachment shed, and lifting things like the blower attachment onto a heavy metal shelf. Amazingly, the ram still holds oil, and works perfectly. I'm sure it wasn't made in China. Different ideas to accomplish this, but think I can make it work, W/O too much effort. What do ya think?
    Put a set of artillian forks on and casters on the front and you will be in business

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-30-2019 @ 12:08 PM
    Thanks
    Looks like an old Walker but seems to be the wrong color. Hein Werner?
    If you have a welder I bet you could rig up a custom lifting bracket for each piece with a little imagination. As far as the storage rack, you could probably put some casters on it and roll the rack to the implement, load it and then roll the rack in a corner somewhere.
    That I-beam in the pic looks to be some kind of lifting frame maybe? A rolling rack may also allow you to use that as well if that really is a lift frame.
    I like the Coats tire machine too. Used one for many years in my younger days when I wasn't so "experienced."

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The jack is in my garage, and the attachments will be stored outside, (in a shed somewhere), which will mean traveling across grass and dirt.
    I could put some pneumatic wheels on the jack I guess, but pushing it loaded with a blower or tiller across the yard could be challenging.
    The I beam in the pic is one leg of a 2 poster, supporting a 6" beam across 1 bay of my garage. That has a 1/2 ton CM chainfall, used for lifting things that I can't lift myself anymore. I'll use it to put the attachments on a wagon, then transport it to a happy resting ground. still working that one out. Thanks for the ideas men.
    Grasshopper

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    04-27-2017 @ 06:49 PM
    Thanks

Flashback!

Wow! Major flashback! I always LOVED bumper jacks.
    Fast, easy, stable and dependable!
    Nowadays, cars dont even HAVE bumpers.
    Well, maybe the skeleton of a bumper - but then it's covered with a plastic image of a bumper - lol.
    I really like the idea of repurposing that old workhorse.
    I'm subscribing to this thread, just in case, so I can follow your progress.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements