Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Deck Dolly

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-23-2019 @ 06:13 PM
    Thanks

Deck Dolly

I have a 1yr old 1025r w/ 60" mower deck.
    Does anyone have a deck dolly for theirs? I'm looking at getting one through deck dolly and want to hear about peoples experience with dealing with the company and the product itself.
    Thanks everyone,
    Travis
    Travis Pohlman
    Nebraska
    JD 1025R / FORD 8N

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,145 Times in 2,586 Posts
    There are a few threads about them (found with the google search feature in the upper right corner), I hope this link works:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...2208j699054j10

Also be sure to check out Larry's Mower Axles, not only are they a forum sponsor, they are a bit cheaper and easier to store in the off-season.
    thpohlman likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

thpohlman (05-19-2016)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    07-20-2019 @ 05:11 PM
    Land of pleasant living with legislators who never seen a tax they didn't like.
    Thanks
    I have one bought it two months ago. Good product, shipped fast. Little expensive along with shipping. It works great I like better than the wheel stands. It is a little heavy up until you get it to the wheel barrow stage to move, then up all the way to have it vertical. I would buy again if need be.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimh4662 For This Useful Post:

vacruiser (05-22-2016)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:26 PM
    Thanks
    I looked at the Deck Dolly and the Mower Axles. After much thought I bought the Deck Dolly for these reasons.
    Ease of attaching:
    Mower Axles the deck needs to be lifted with the FEL two gage wheels removed and then install the axles.
    Deck Dolly you just drop the deck anywhere, lay the dolly on it and insert the rod. Pick it up by hand and move anywhere.
    Maneuverability:
    Mower Axles there are four wheels and none of them swivel.
    Deck Dolly two wheels on a cart that you can easily maneuver like any other two wheel dolly. ( Do wish the wheels were a little larger )
    Stability:
    Mower Axles they recommend attaching to a wall for safety.
    Deck Dolly is very stable. I can put it anywhere without worrying about it being bumped and falling over.

I appreciate that Mower Axles is a sponsor but when I thought it through I had to go with the Deck Dolly. Very happy with the product. When I got it the brackets were for a 54" deck and I have the 60". Sent them an email and my correct brackets were here in two days.

Just my humble two cents worth.
    Last edited by greenharley; 05-19-2016 at 06:41 PM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2017 2038r, Toro Z-Master 27hp 52" deck ( the Buck and the Bull ) 220r FEL, 61" bucket, 60" Autoconnect MMM with command cut, 270b backhoe RB2060L rear blade, BB5060 box blade, Speeco quick hitch, Piranha 53" tooth bar, Land Pride rta1050 tiller, Baker 24 PTO Chipper/ Shreader, Herd fertilizer/seed spreader,16 JD 42 pound weights, Heavy Hitch front and rear weight brackets with 2" receiver, KBOH Hooks and Clevis bracket. Titan 36" forks with receiver hitch.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greenharley For This Useful Post:

130Oxbow (05-19-2016), BigJim55 (05-19-2016), Drifterbike (07-03-2017), thpohlman (05-20-2016)

10. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimh4662 View Post
    I have one bought it two months ago. Good product, shipped fast. Little expensive along with shipping. It works great I like better than the wheel stands. It is a little heavy up until you get it to the wheel barrow stage to move, then up all the way to have it vertical. I would buy again if need be.
    Did you pay extra for the longer legs or just have the one right off of deck dolly's website?
    Thanks Jim,
    Traivs
    Travis Pohlman
    Nebraska
    JD 1025R / FORD 8N

11. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greenharley View Post
    I looked at the Deck Dolly and the Mower Axles. After much thought I bought the Deck Dolly for these reasons.
    Ease of attaching:
    Mower Axles the deck needs to be lifted with the FEL two gage wheels removed and then install the axles.
    Deck Dolly you just drop the deck anywhere, lay the dolly on it and insert the rod. Pick it up by hand and move anywhere.
    Maneuverability:
    Mower Axles there are four wheels and none of them swivel.
    Deck Dolly two wheels on a cart that you can easily maneuver like any other two wheel dolly. ( Do wish the wheels were a little larger )
    Stability:
    Mower Axles they recommend attaching to a wall for safety.
    Deck Dolly is very stable. I can put it anywhere without worrying about it being bumped and falling over.

I appreciate that Mower Axles is a sponsor but when I thought it through I had to go with the Deck Dolly. Very happy with the product. When I got it the brackets were for a 54" deck and I have the 60". Sent them an email and my correct brackets were here in two days.

Just my humble two cents worth.
    GreenHarley,
    Thanks for the input. My thoughts exactly.
    Travis Pohlman
    Nebraska
    JD 1025R / FORD 8N

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thpohlman For This Useful Post:

130Oxbow (05-23-2016)

13. Top | #7
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    I thought that storing the mower deck vertically allowed the gearbox oil to drain out. Is there a particular vertical orientation of the deck that prevents that from happening? I see the deck dolly has the front of the deck in the up position.

14. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    I thought that storing the mower deck vertically allowed the gearbox oil to drain out. Is there a particular vertical orientation of the deck that prevents that from happening? I see the deck dolly has the front of the deck in the up position.
    I made my own mower deck stand but its time for the nice one from deck dolly. The one I made stood up the same way. I had it upright on the stand all winter and it never leaked.
    Travis Pohlman
    Nebraska
    JD 1025R / FORD 8N

15. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Thanks
    I've had my 54" deck stored on a Deck Dolly for the last 2 winters and never any leaks. After reading of some others having that problem here I checked the level in mine this time before putting it back on the tractor and it was full. Don't understand why some have the problem and some don't.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

16. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:30 PM
    Thanks
    If there was a leakage issue, wouldn't an easy "fix" be to swap the breather with a plug during storage?
    Jim

1025R...H120 loader w/53" bucket, Piranha tooth bar and Ken's BOH, psrumors seat springs, Frontier AP12F w/42" forks, 60D mower w/autoconnect, Frontier 647 tiller, Frontier SB1164 w/hyd. chute rotation and deflector linear actuator, Frontier ballast box, 72" County Line landscape rake, Fimco 40 gal 3 pt hitch sprayer, Paumco fork spade.

Toro Z Master, 60" deck and DFS collection system

orange dirt bikes, Yamaha Stratoliner and '68 Dart GTS...

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast