What Toothbar that's NOT a Piranha?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: What Toothbar that's NOT a Piranha?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-01-2019 @ 09:09 AM
    Thanks

What Toothbar that's NOT a Piranha?

For the JD quick attach 53" bucket.

I know you guys like the Piranha, but I have small kids and that thing looks like injuries waiting to happen.

Was thing WR Long's flat bottom but looks like the teeth are not well supported

Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar

Maybe they are better now? Or their non flat bottom?

Heavy Hitch is an option but I like the idea of side bolts instead of their set screws.

Any other ones out there that are good?
    BigJim55 and JD-4100 like this.
    70 w/ Custom 8hp Briggs and Hydrostatic Rearend
    70 no engine
    '74 140 H-3 w/ HD Air Cleaner, 3pt
    332 Custom Turbocharged and 2 Speed Swap
    345-the Grass Cutter w/ Powerflow Bagger
    2009 2320 w/ 200CX & 53" bucket 54 SnowBlower Artillian 42" forks

3pt York Rake, Brinly 8 10 and 12" sleeve hitch & 3pt plows, 3pt Tandem Disk, Toolbar, A-Frame w/ Forks. Haban Flail Mower & Sickle Mower (140-332), Mott T38 Flail Mower, Custom MD Fab 3pt Plow and 2 Bottom Disk Plow, 3pt box blade, 42" Hyd Tiller

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-14-2019 @ 07:54 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duwem View Post
    For the JD quick attach 53" bucket.

I know you guys like the Piranha, but I have small kids and that thing looks like injuries waiting to happen.

Was thing WR Long's flat bottom but looks like the teeth are not well supported

Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar

Maybe they are better now? Or their non flat bottom?

Heavy Hitch is an option but I like the idea of side bolts instead of their set screws.

Any other ones out there that are good?
    You think that any other toothbar is any less dangerous? All others have longer teeth..
    ColonyPark, Levi, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    3046r Cab, H165 w/61" bucket, Frontier 72"BB, MX6, and Woods TCR68" Tiller.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:46 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,149 Times in 2,588 Posts
    WR Long has a "normal" one also, not just the flat bottom ones.

Tooth Bars TB, STB, and ITB
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 10:25 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    WR Long has a "normal" one also, not just the flat bottom ones.

Tooth Bars TB, STB, and ITB
    You're the guy I bought the hooks from...

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 992 Posts
    I have the WR Long with the flat bottom and it has done everything I have asked of it, with no issues from the teeth. It is well built.
    Jamie

2019 JD XUV 825M Gator - Olive and Black, w/72" Boss Poly Straight Blade Plow (Fully Hydraulic), Roof, Power Dump Bed, Spray in Bed Liner, and Bucket Seats
    2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    My toothbar is a CATERPILLAR,,,

It is a flame cut piece of cutting edge,,, with some parts welded on it.

I could fabricate one of these,,, I think.

Two bolts hold it on,,, easy to remove.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    06-18-2016 @ 02:13 PM
    Thanks

Piranah Muzzle?

You could park it "teeth down" if parked in gravel or dirt and or laying flat bottom if paked on hard surface. Thats what I do so I don't snag an ankle or shin on it but I do that with everything. I have a piranah bar and they work great as you've already heard. They look intimidating,I don't know that it would be any more or any less prone to cause injury than any other toothbar?
    I guess you could slide a piece of foam pipe insulation or one of those big fat bright "swim noodles" with a slit lengthways over the teeth when not in use,kinda like sheathing a sharp knife or a muzzle for an unpredictable dog.
    I used to slide those bright colored foam swim noodles over the horseshoe stakes sticking out of the ground in case of fast moving dogs or careless children/people.
    good luck on the toothbar hunt. There are lot of effective styles out there but i think the Piranah is quite popular for good reason.
    ColonyPark, rtgt, Levi and 2 others like this.
    1025rFILB 54"deck,Home built QA fork adapter frame and forks,home built 3 point mounted "leaf sucker" motor/blower ,
    backhoe mounted mower, backhoe scraper plate,home brew QA 54" loader arm snow plow

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 07:16 AM
    Thanks

Keep your wits about you and pull that trigger.

Yes, the Piranha tooth bar is sharp. I honestly though I'd be able to cut paper with it, when it was new. The fact that a person could really get hurt by it weighs so heavily in the back of my mind that it's never been a problem. By that, I mean, if you have one, you're always sure to put the teeth down in a manner that no one could possibly get hurt. You teach yourself to handle it just like you would a gun or anything else that could impose a danger in our everyday lives.

Unlike other toothed bars, the progressive angle of the teeth leave no blunt edges to impede the digging capabilities. It truly is an impressive design with benefits you won't get from old-fashioned, excavator-type teeth bars.

I have two loader buckets. The 49" that came with the tractor is the one I have the tooth bar on, and a 61" bucket. The 49" stays safely parked against a fence and the 61" is my "daily driver" since I'm generally just pushing snow, hauling tools or moving dirt around. When it's time to dig or haul stone, out comes the 49". But you've got to be careful with the 61", also. It's so wide that you find yourself smacking into things with it. The outside corner of my garage can testify to that.
    rtgt, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    Just call me Jon, not Myasis Dragon (Hint: My a** is draggin') 2013 1025r FILB (Factory installed loader & Backhoe - 260 & H120), 60D mower w/electric over hydraulic (independent) lift, R4 tires, psrumor's seat springs, Kenny D's bolt-on hooks, bxpanded piranha tooth bar on a 49" bucket and a 61" bucket for snow and light material, County Line post hole digger, County Line landscape rake, counterfeit JD box scraper, homemade 4' x 8' farm wagon, Fimco 30 gallon 3ph sprayer.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,149 Times in 2,588 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by man00 View Post
    You're the guy I bought the hooks from...
    Yup, sure am.
    ColonyPark, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-01-2019 @ 09:09 AM
    Thanks
    If I knew the leading edge of the bucket would always be down when parked that would help. But with the curved bottom of the JD buckets if you wiggle the hydraulics after shut down it tends to lift that front edge up off the ground.

I have the tools and skills to build my own....but I would like to bolt up and go as free time and workspace are very limited these days.
    BigJim55 and JD-4100 like this.
    70 w/ Custom 8hp Briggs and Hydrostatic Rearend
    70 no engine
    '74 140 H-3 w/ HD Air Cleaner, 3pt
    332 Custom Turbocharged and 2 Speed Swap
    345-the Grass Cutter w/ Powerflow Bagger
    2009 2320 w/ 200CX & 53" bucket 54 SnowBlower Artillian 42" forks

3pt York Rake, Brinly 8 10 and 12" sleeve hitch & 3pt plows, 3pt Tandem Disk, Toolbar, A-Frame w/ Forks. Haban Flail Mower & Sickle Mower (140-332), Mott T38 Flail Mower, Custom MD Fab 3pt Plow and 2 Bottom Disk Plow, 3pt box blade, 42" Hyd Tiller

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast