Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By JVFM

Thread: Merit Automation Snowblower Chute Control

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-12-2018 @ 12:41 AM
    Thanks

Merit Automation Snowblower Chute Control

I ordered, installed, and have liked using the Model 47 (mine) or Model 54 Snowblower electric chute control from Merit Automation, so decided to do a review of sorts by making a video about it. It also has some installation photos at the end. Thought others might enjoy it. I've also been reading a lot of the back and forth about exhaust, and on a lark bought a Gen-Turi and adapted it, with great results while snowblowing and mowing. I have not tried it yet with the loader on, and was a bit concerned about there being room for it, but nesting the tractor into the loader when parked, it does look like it will fit. This is still experimental and temporary at this point (Gen-Turis can easily be detached, because that's what they are designed for) so I am still evaluating.
    Last edited by JVFM; 05-22-2016 at 12:42 PM.
    Kennyd, tj1 and saveall like this.
    2006 JD 2305 w/62" MMM & 200CX FEL 2/2015 w/additions: Coolant Heater, Speeco Q Hitch, I-Match Ballast w/Ext. & Artillian 6-Wheel Trolley, JD Lt Grds w/Fwd & Rear Lighting Kits, Artillian Blinders, 3 Ken's BOH for FEL, Premium Suspension Seat, "Enventive's" Trans Filter & Fan Guards; 1975 JD 210 w/Hyd Lift, 37" Mower, Snowblower, Snow Blade & Custom Rear Weight Bracket; 1975 JD 96 Electric, Stock & Restored; 1974 JD 90 Electric w/Computer Charging & Glass Mat Batteries; Cyclone Rake Commander

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    tj1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:47 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JVFM View Post
    I ordered, installed, and have liked using the Model 47 (mine) or Model 54 Snowblower electric chute control from Merit Automation, so decided to do a review of sorts by making a video about it. It also has some installation photos at the end. Thought others might enjoy it. I've also been reading a lot of the back and forth about exhaust, and on a lark bought a Gen-Turi and adapted it, with great results while snowblowing and mowing. I have not tried it yet with the loader on, and was a bit concerned about there being room for it, but nesting the tractor into the loader when parked, it does look like it will fit. This is still experimental and temporary at this point (Gen-Turis can easily be detached, because that's what they are designed for) so I am still evaluating.
    I also installed an actuator on my 47", couldn't stand that cable deal at all and it was a simple install on my X738 complete with cutting in dash rocker switch. .. what you need now is a Cab! JT
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements