Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Attaching implements - Ugh

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-01-2018 @ 07:23 AM
    Thanks

Attaching implements - Ugh

Had my first experience detaching / attaching implements today without an iMatch (these implements are not iMatch compatible). Just curious if anyone is aware of a video and or other instruction method with pictures that shows the process for attaching? Adjusted, removed about 10 things before I could get a correct fit. Also dealt with the PTO arm never being positioned correctly as I was swinging (having my shins broken) the implement into place. Does anyone ever use an engine hoist or something like that to make things easier?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:21 AM
    Thanks
    I am not sure what you are trying to attach but I have my non QH compatible equipment on dolly carts. My box blade and ballast box, although set up for QH, are not fully back up and go. Having them on wheels just makes it easier to move around and line up. I have found before I had a QH, opening up the arms as wide as possible made it easier, then I would tighten them back down to limit the side to side action.
    I fought my 3pt blower for 4 years before I got a QH.
    farmgirl19 and BigJim55 like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:54 PM
    Thanks
    A big hammer and a crow bar. Don't be afraid to use them. I used to struggle with the pins in my non iMatch compatible tiller. A hammer was the solution. No more sore hands, I just pop them out now.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,154 Times in 2,309 Posts
    There really is no easy way if the implement is heavy and on the ground. A long pry bar (5' or 6' long) is about the most useful tool I have found. Also if you could set the implement on a pallet(s) or logs can help.

This is a good reason to make all your implement iMatch compatable. Even if you are like me and have no metal fabrication skills or tools it can usually be done if taken to a welding shop. If you start a thread with an impliment and your goal I'm sure you will get some help/direction to modify them.

I struggled with these things for years but just bulled things into place. Now no longer able to bull anything the iMatch has been a gift of sorts.
    BigJim55 and johnH123 like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Thanks
    I find with these little tractors there's a very small amount of wiggle room between the implement and tractor. You have to be pretty much spot on with the alignment.

IF you are in a safe level location, leave the tractor in neutral and rock it forwards and back when attaching the implement. Also while I LOVE the lower arm stabilizers, they are a PITA if one need additional room to move an arm in or out, it's not a bad system, just really slow to adjust.

I HATE sore shins....
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    11-14-2019 @ 06:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    There really is no easy way if the implement is heavy and on the ground. A long pry bar (5' or 6' long) is about the most useful tool I have found. Also if you could set the implement on a pallet(s) or logs can help.

This is a good reason to make all your implement iMatch compatable. Even if you are like me and have no metal fabrication skills or tools it can usually be done if taken to a welding shop. If you start a thread with an impliment and your goal I'm sure you will get some help/direction to modify them.

I struggled with these things for years but just bulled things into place. Now no longer able to bull anything the iMatch has been a gift of sorts.
    Another thing you could try is obtain some telescopic draft links. That way, it makes it way easier to hook up when the i match is off.
    5304, BigJim55, coaltrain and 1 others like this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post
    Another thing you could try is obtain some telescopic draft links. That way, it makes it way easier to hook up when the i match is off.
    It should be against the law to sell a tractor without extendable draft arms,,,

I can hook up this mower in under 5 minutes, by myself,,, because the arms extend.

That mower CAN NOT be moved with a 5 foot bar,,, period.

I thought I died and went to heaven the first time I extended the lower arms,,, WOW!!
    5304, BigJim55, coaltrain and 3 others like this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 08:31 PM
    Thanks
    I have to agree. Telescoping draft arms are the cat's meow.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    08-28-2018 @ 06:59 PM
    Thanks
    This might not be the right way or the wrong way, but it's my way. This works for stuff like my disc and box scraper, but might not be the best idea for all implements. I back the tractor up as even as I can and hook up the top link first. I then shorten or extend it until the non adjustable lift arm (or which ever one is lowest) is on the pin. I then keep adjusting the top link back and forth as needed while I keep steady inward pressure on the lift arm and it slide right on and pin it. The top link will then move the implement where it's even on the other arm and then I repeat the process. I hardly ever need to adjust the tilt and can just lift the arm to height if needed unless it's on really uneven ground. I never had anything bend or break doing it this way and I've been doing it for years, but I also keep a hammer on the tractor. Most important is keep a cool head and be safe, machines are very unforgiving.

Check out Tractor Mike on youtube, he has some pretty good videos.
    BigJim55 and johnH123 like this.
    2002 GMC 2500HD Duramax
    2015 John Deere 1023E with D120 FEL
    2004 John Deere 717 ZTRAK Zero Turn Mower
    Frontier BB2060 Box Scraper
    King Kutter 6.5' Disc
    Leinbach 5' Soil Pulverizer
    Priefert Subsoiler/Middle Buster
    Behlen Country Carry All with B&B Tech 15 gal ATV Sprayer, 2.1gpm Fimco pump and 5 nozzle 8' boom

12. Top | #10
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,093 Times in 3,017 Posts
    I line up the draft arm holes and pins and always attach the low side implement pin first then raise the 3PTH until the implement high side pin is lined up. Hope this makes sense.
    BigJim55, Creekdrifter and Ckavala like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast