Thread: Land Pride

1. Top | #1
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

Land Pride

Not sure if anyone has seen this.

Kubota Corporation, Osaka, Japan, parent company to Kubota U.S.A., Inc., today announced that it has entered into an agreement to purchase*Great*Plains*Manufacturing, Inc., based in Salina, Kansas. Once final, the purchase will expand the company’s long-time partnership with Land Pride and will include all five*Great Plains*divisions with multiple facilities in Kansas and a manufacturing plant in Sleaford, England.
    Gizmo2, JKR and Treefarmer like this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pcabe5 For This Useful Post:

PaDave (06-03-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 08:22 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pcabe5 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has seen this.

Kubota Corporation, Osaka, Japan, parent company to Kubota U.S.A., Inc., today announced that it has entered into an agreement to purchase*Great*Plains*Manufacturing, Inc., based in Salina, Kansas. Once final, the purchase will expand the company’s long-time partnership with Land Pride and will include all five*Great Plains*divisions with multiple facilities in Kansas and a manufacturing plant in Sleaford, England.
    I really like Land Pride implements. I have a 5' brush hog and 7' rear blade and the quality is top notch. It's unfortunate the profits will be going overseas instead of remaining in the US. Let's hope the US employees aren't negatively impacted and product quality isn't compromised.
    RandyM, DRobinson, PaDave and 6 others like this.
    2011 Deere 3720 Cab | 2007 Deere 3720 Open Station | 1974 Deere 2030 | 1980 Deere 2440
    1998 Massey Ferguson 240S | 1975 Ford 3000 | 1972 Ford 2000 | 1964 Oliver 550
    1958 International Cub LoBoy | 1956 Ferguson F-40 | 1954 Allis Chalmers WD45
    X720 Ultimate | X540 | GT225
    2014 825i Deere Gator | 2007 850D Deere Gator

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:19 PM
    Thanks
    I heard that a couple weeks ago on another forum. Yesterday I was at a Kubota dealership and asked for the heck of it. He said last he had heard July 1st Kubota takes over. They had just received a semi load of Land Pride equipment that will be the last with their name on it. He also said he talked to driver and was told after July 1st everyone would keep their job but the paycheck will be signed by Kubota. I happen to like the looks of the Land Pride quick hitch so I figured I had better run out and get one before they were gone.
    PaDave, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 06:38 PM
    Thanks
    Wondering if they will only use orange paint now. Most of the stuff is orange now but they did have tan/yellow and even a few things available in green.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Thanks
    in general I think its a wise move for a tractor co. to have or produce implements. They go hand in hand.
    Now if they are renaming the land pride stuff to kubota I don't think that's too wise.
    I wonder how many JD dealers are going to be willing to sell kubota implements to their customers.
    Why would JD want to sell its competitors stuff?
    How many JD owners are going to go to a Kubota dealer to look at Kubota implements?
    Best if Kubota owns Land Pride and keeps the name. Still JD may not want its dealers selling a competitors equipment.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 863 Posts
    So many brand names are owned by god knows what parent company that you really don't know who you are buying from.

My understanding is that Kubota is going to keep the Landpride brand name.

I could see them dropping the green color, and keeping the tan color for those that don't like the orange.

Really makes no difference to me as long as the quality is still there.
    DRobinson likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements