Front Leaf Blower Attachment ?????
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Front Leaf Blower Attachment ?????

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 03:25 PM
    Thanks

Front Leaf Blower Attachment ?????

Looks like there is a 1025r TLB in my future.

No snow here. But I was wondering if there is any attachment for blowing leaves/dirt off driveways. I have very long driveway and dirt service roads under trees that I blow clean with a backpack leaf blower. They get loaded with falling leaves and light debris year round.

It sure wouldn be nice if I could just drive along the road and have some kind of a front end blower do the same thing. Has anyone seen something like that? And if not, maybe this is a new product idea for someone.
    Learning By Asking
    1025r
    Artiliian Forks and Dolly
    Back Hoe
    BXpanded Thumb and BH Dolly
    x300

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Thanks
    Deere has a 54" sweeper for the font end.

I've seen PTO driven blowers but they were setups for the rear 3pt hitch. Never seen one mounted on the front.
    RandyM likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    03-16-2019 @ 08:42 AM
    Thanks
    Ok, this might sound stupid, but couldn't you set the leaf blower in the bucket, maybe a couple of bungy cords? Or maybe for better visibility take the bucket off and make a bracket for the quick attach... Just thinking outside the bun..

1025R , 60D MMM, H120 FEL (KBOH!), 647 Tiller, HF QuickHitch

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:56 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,453 Posts
    I custom built a front mounted blower which uses the Quik Attach Hitch bracket that is on the 54" snowplow and mounted it to a 11 hp walk behind blower. So you start the blower, which has it's own gas engine and then simply pick it up with the Quik attach Hitch that Deere has available to pick up either the snow plow blade, rotary broom, two stage snow thrower, etc.

My front hitch has the angle cylinder so I can swing the blower from side to side and obviously also raise or lower it. I left the walk behind blower wheels on the blower so it can be used either way, on the tractor or by pushing it manually. I usually lower the blower right down on the wheels when I am using it on the pavement and push it with the tractor. I help some neighbors with serious fall leaves and with my heart issues, I can't manually push the blower up and down their hills.

I don't have any pictures of it but it utilizes the Older Style walk behind leaf blower / parking lot cleaner and then the mounting bracket which is part of the 54" plow attachment.

Here is a image of the bracket from the snowplow I mounted on the leaf blower. Item 1B is the bracket, which you can buy from John Deere and if you know someone who has fabricating skills, you can likely accomplish a similar mounted blower. I have a Little Wonders brand blower with the metal flywheel, which is a bear to start by hand with the 11hp engine and the heavy flywheel, but once you get it running, it blows like crazy......The blower is like the one in the photo except the one in the picture is only a 5hp.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    Hiya,

As Jim says, your limited to a front broom for the One series. (I think the 60HD broom is also an option as well as the 54) Another option is getting a Little Wonder and strapping it to a pallet on your Artilian forks. (Another idea for you Chris )

Deere does make a huge loader mount hydraulic powered debris blower for the 3 series and larger but the price will give you 3 strokes, not to mention, IIRC it takes at least 30HP on the PTO to run the PowerPack hydraulic system for it and I'm not sure if the One series has the capacity to lift it off the ground.
    Superglidesport likes this.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I custom built a front mounted blower which uses the Quik Attach Hitch bracket that is on the 54" snowplow and mounted it to a 11 hp walk behind blower. So you start the blower, which has it's own gas engine and then simply pick it up with the Quik attach Hitch that Deere has available to pick up either the snow plow blade, rotary broom, two stage snow thrower, etc.

My front hitch has the angle cylinder so I can swing the blower from side to side and obviously also raise or lower it. I left the walk behind blower wheels on the blower so it can be used either way, on the tractor or by pushing it manually. I usually lower the blower right down on the wheels when I am using it on the pavement and push it with the tractor. I help some neighbors with serious fall leaves and with my heart issues, I can't manually push the blower up and down their hills.

I don't have any pictures of it but it utilizes the Older Style walk behind leaf blower / parking lot cleaner and then the mounting bracket which is part of the 54" plow attachment.

Here is a image of the bracket from the snowplow I mounted on the leaf blower. Item 1B is the bracket, which you can buy from John Deere and if you know someone who has fabricating skills, you can likely accomplish a similar mounted blower. I have a Little Wonders brand blower with the metal flywheel, which is a bear to start by hand with the 11hp engine and the heavy flywheel, but once you get it running, it blows like crazy......The blower is like the one in the photo except the one in the picture is only a 5hp.

Huh. Could you post a pic of your setup the next time you use it? That sounds like it could be a fun little project.
    SulleyBear likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

SulleyBear (06-06-2016)

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks guys - and I always like original thinking:

1) I'm wondering how one mounted off the back would work as it would just blow leafs backward. To clear leaves you would have to move forward and blow them off and to the side.

2) No fabricating friends here. Same with finding an "old style walk behind leaf blower" - next to impossible. But that is an ingenious solution. Craigslist for my island (here in Hawaii) has only 2 or 3 junk tractors for sale at a time. Finding deals on just about anything used is futile. And I have enough hard to start equipment already. And crating and shipping anything in from elsewhere is prohibitive. But it's an idea that is now on my list of options. Thanks.

I almost have to buy everything new from dealers (or Home Dept/Lowes) who bring everything in via large containers. But maybe someone has a new parking lot blower - however, I bet that would end up costing a ton to buy and set up - as opposed to and easy on and off dedicated and designed for the task PTO blower.

Anyone have any idea how a sweeper would work on dirt and gravel roads???
    Last edited by konakid; 06-05-2016 at 08:47 PM.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    I'm using a Little Wonder Optimax walk behind leaf blower mounted to a JRCO Blower Buggy. The mount bolts to my 2320 front weight bracket. It removes easily with two pins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mjncad, Tomfive, chex313 and 5 others like this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks " SuperGlide" - the pics and idea is appreciated - nice setup. I see Home Depot and Lowes both can get similar walk behind blowers. However, with a narrow road, and trees lining both sides, I don't see how something like that could clean anything more than the edges of the road. The blower nozzle would be about on line with the wheels. However, it has me thinking, which is more than I was before.

I was going to get pallet forks - so that may provide an easy mounting system of some kind - for something - and maybe let me mount off-center - then make two passes in opposite directions. Hmmmm.

But I'm getting the drift that there isn't anything made specifically for this task - correct???

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by konakid View Post
    Thanks guys - and I always like original thinking:

1) I'm wondering how one mounted off the back would work as it would just blow leafs backward. To clear leaves you would have to move forward and blow them off and to the side.
    Not sure why you'd think they'd blow the leaves backwards...

D160 Mower/Bagger.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast