1025r FILB dragging trees
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 1025r FILB dragging trees

  1. Top | #1
    Firemark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 06:58 AM
    Location
    Millstone, N.J.
    Posts
    919
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 189 Times in 110 Posts

    1025r FILB dragging trees

    While I'm waiting for my new tractor I'm making a list of mods and add ons and starting to order material. I'm new to tractors so need advice on this one. One of the tasks I will be doing is clearing the brush and dragging out alot of fallen dead pines and the ones I will take down. I've read on the forum that one shouldn't drag with the bucket.. Does anyone know where a good spot is to weld or bolt on a hook that would be convenient to use with the backhoe and FEL is attached ?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:04 PM
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,284
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 174 Times in 161 Posts
    You can always get some of Ken's weld on hooks and weld it to the bucket. He sells a bolt on version as well. He is a vendor on here. I went with an Artillian grapple to deal with my trees and brush. He is a vendor here as well and the grapple is the perfect size for a 1 series if you ask me. I have a 2210 which is a predecessor of the 1 series by about 2 generations. Same size tractor though. I simply cut the tree into 10-12 foot sections (depending on size of trunk) and grab them with my grapple. Now if you are in the woods and can't carry a log due to obstacles then I usually grab the end of the log and drag with my grapple, however a set of hooks and chain might be advantageous. If you do get a grapple make sure you don't grab a log that is bigger than what you should be carrying. Rear ballast is a must and that back hoe should help a lot in that regards.

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    10-03-2019 @ 11:16 PM
    Location
    North Ms
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts

    Forks

    The grapple is really a cool attachment, and I wanted one. But could not justify the cost of the grapple plus 400 to 500 to mod the hydraulics. I just got a set of forks with the guard on the back. I cut down around 50 trees plus the ones that were already down. With small limbs I just stacked them at the base of a standing tree, used the forks to smash them down and then drive in to the pile to compact it against the tree. With that said the forks are used almost 60% of the time doing other chores, while the grapple is great for what it is intended, it is not very versatile .
    1025r TLB, 647 tiller, 60" bushhog zero turn, 5' box blade, post hole digger,frontier pallet forks, 5' rotary cutter

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    274
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts

    ME thinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Mta1206 View Post
    The grapple is really a cool attachment, and I wanted one. But could not justify the cost of the grapple plus 400 to 500 to mod the hydraulics. I just got a set of forks with the guard on the back. I cut down around 50 trees plus the ones that were already down. With small limbs I just stacked them at the base of a standing tree, used the forks to smash them down and then drive in to the pile to compact it against the tree. With that said the forks are used almost 60% of the time doing other chores, while the grapple is great for what it is intended, it is not very versatile .
    you might get some push back on that statement. Including from me.

    Lets see, rock removal, brush clearing, log carrying, stump digging, root removal, Those are the things Ive done with mine and I've only started to use them.


    Steve.
    BigJim55, Marlin and Firemark like this.

  7. Top | #5
    Guest
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 08:31 PM
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,919
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 256 Times in 196 Posts
    You can also skid logs by attaching a chain to your tow hitch below the rear PTO and grabbing the log with skidding tongs.

    Log Skidding + Lifting | Logging | Northern Tool + Equipment
    BigJim55 and Firemark like this.

  8. Top | #6
    Firemark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 06:58 AM
    Location
    Millstone, N.J.
    Posts
    919
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 189 Times in 110 Posts

    Thanks

    Thanks for the resposes. Ordering a set of teeth for the bucket along with kens hooks and will order tongs, chains, chain hooks and cable. Want to have everything in so when my tractor arrives, it's wiesbeer, tools and a day of setting it up!
    BigJim55 and jdmich like this.

  9. Top | #7
    GTT Vendor
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    06-26-2018 @ 11:14 AM
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I see many attachments in your future... Already on the hunt and don't have the tractor yet. Check out our site, we have several items that fit your new tractor that will help with your tasks including the Piranha Toothbar.

    Sitting on your hands is tough but it will be worth the wait

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Piranha.gif 
Views:	125 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	192906
    BXpanded - Expand Your Capabilities
    Attachments and Accessories
    www.bxpanded.com

  10. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 05:24 AM
    Location
    Sadieville, KY
    Posts
    520
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 72 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    While I'm waiting for my new tractor I'm making a list of mods and add ons and starting to order material. I'm new to tractors so need advice on this one. One of the tasks I will be doing is clearing the brush and dragging out alot of fallen dead pines and the ones I will take down. I've read on the forum that one shouldn't drag with the bucket.. Does anyone know where a good spot is to weld or bolt on a hook that would be convenient to use with the backhoe and FEL is attached ?
    I am going to look at a short piece of chain I can attach to the frame or BH down low. I always pull things with my logging chains, so it would be convenient. I haven't had it on in a little while. Maybe this weekend.
    1025R w/rear light kit, 49" H120 FEL, 12" 260 BH, 60D MMM, 2048 Rotary Cutter, BB5048L Box Blade, 50# wheel weights, 4x42#suitcase weights, 5' TSC Landscape rack, TSC modified Carry-All, 42" Titan Pallet Forks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar

    D130 JD Lawn Tractor, Polaris Ranger 400, 18' Gator Made Lowboy Trailer,

  11. Top | #9
    Firemark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 06:58 AM
    Location
    Millstone, N.J.
    Posts
    919
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 189 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BXpanded-Ryan View Post
    I see many attachments in your future... Already on the hunt and don't have the tractor yet. Check out our site, we have several items that fit your new tractor that will help with your tasks including the Piranha Toothbar.

    Sitting on your hands is tough but it will be worth the wait

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Piranha.gif 
Views:	125 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	192906
    Ryan im going to order from ya as soon as I sign the deal with deere. bucket dentures first! Would like to know how long shipping is to millstone nj. Wont have my shop set up but gonna pull what tools I need and bang it out. Tractor will come week to ten days after I sign so want the stuff ahead of time. Gonna floss the tractor dentures with rocks when im done!!!
    BigJim55 and BXpanded-Ryan like this.

  12. Top | #10
    KD7CAO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 10:22 PM
    Location
    Krugerville, TX
    Posts
    613
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 72 Times in 37 Posts
    If you are dragging whole trees a choker cable would be really helpful for you. You could grab a bunch of smaller stuff or one bigger. I like them better than tongs myself. Easier to use and can be used for other things later like pulling up fence posts.

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    2014 John Deere 1025R, 54D MMM, H120 Loader, 647 Rotary Tiller (purchased new from dealer April 2014)

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •