Where to mount grapple single point connector?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerld
  • 1 Post By 69project
  • 1 Post By 69project

Thread: Where to mount grapple single point connector?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-05-2019 @ 10:29 PM
    Thanks

Where to mount grapple single point connector?

Hi, I have a Deere single point grapple connector (it is a single lever quick connector that connects the 3rd function hydraulic lines from the loader to the grapple. Can't figure out where to mount it....it seems from a few obscure photos and the parts diagrams I can find it may mount underneath the cross beam. If anyone of y'all have this type of connector and could share where/how it is mounted I would appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,132 Times in 2,575 Posts
    There are quite a few threads in the hydraulics forum, easy to find by using the google search bar at the top right abd typing in "single point", here is three I found quickly:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...installed.html

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...nt-hookup.html

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-1-series.html
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    11-05-2019 @ 10:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    There are quite a few threads in the hydraulics forum, easy to find by using the google search bar at the top right abd typing in "single point", here is three I found quickly:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...installed.html

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...nt-hookup.html

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-1-series.html
    Thanks Kenny, I appreciate you taking the trouble to attach the posts. I already have the triple function single point connector installed on my tractor -5085E - but am now putting a matching single point connector for the grapple function on a H260 loader. The connector is the same as the one on the side of the tractor except smaller and it only has two ports vs. six. After several hours of searching on the internet before and after I posted this request I finally did find a good photo that seems to solve the mystery and indicates I am missing a part in the box the connector came in, or I need to purchase another part to mount this thing. So mystery solved. See photos below in case someone else has this issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails john-deere-h260,4802010-4.jpg   john-deere-h260,4802010-6.jpg   john-deere-h260,4073042-8.jpg   john-deere-h260,4802009-13.jpg  
    69project likes this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to meyerld For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (06-28-2016)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    AHH the devil is in the details....
    Kenny

FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Thanks
    I wonder if Artillian could make that a cost effective option for his grapples. I take my grapple on/off all the time and that sure would make it a lot easier to do. Granted it is only 2 ports but sometimes those "quick" disconnects are not so quick, even if you dump the pressure out of the lines. Anyways a neat set up and worth the expense in my opinion.
    Deere Ol Man likes this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    I wonder if Artillian could make that a cost effective option for his grapples. I take my grapple on/off all the time and that sure would make it a lot easier to do. Granted it is only 2 ports but sometimes those "quick" disconnects are not so quick, even if you dump the pressure out of the lines. Anyways a neat set up and worth the expense in my opinion.
    The couplings (male and female pair) along is about $300 our cost. So please define you "cost effective" and "worth the expense" parameters.
    Kenny

My Equipment:
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Thanks
    The last single point thread I read on this forum had the a cost close to $1k but that was for the loader valve. As much as I would like it for my tractor giving $1k for something that is not a 100% requirement to use (for me) is not really cost effective.

Something around the price you mentioned would definitely be worth the expense to me because when I use my tractor out on my lot, I probably remove/install the grapple at least once every time I am out there. While it's only two quick connects, they can be a PIA to get connected even after I bleed off pressure. It would make life easier to have a set up like that. I can see why the OP want a single point setup.
    Last edited by 69project; 06-28-2016 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    Kennyd likes this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements