• 1 Post By John 54

Thread: A question about 4 in 1 buckets & self leveling loaders

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:15 PM
    Thanks

A question about 4 in 1 buckets & self leveling loaders

Hi All
    I am from Australia, as a lot of you probably Australian design rule (ADR as we know it) require that all FEL's are self leveling. (All legal (nanny state) arguments aside, that is an argument for another thread.)
    The self leveling loader is great particularly with a set of forks, the forks always stay parallel to the ground, nothing comes of the back of the load. The bucket can also be smaller and lighter yet carry the same load because there is no requirement for a spill guard.
    That brings me to 4 in 1 buckets. I do not know what I would do with out mine they are so versatile, picking things up, using it as a grader blade, scraping etc.
    Most new tractors sold in my area are fitted with 4 in 1 buckets, there are 4, 1023E sitting at the local dealers all fitted with aftermarket FEL's and 4 in 1 buckets. You can order JD FEL's if you want.
    When I went looking to buy my 1025R I was not interested in the JD FEL because of it's complicated self leveling systen but mainly because it didn't come with a 4 in 1 bucket.
    My question is why I have yet to see a posting of a SCUT with either a 4 in 1 bucket or self leveling FEL and why arn't they popular in the U.S.?
    Regards John
    PS Attached is a photo of my 1025R as you can see I like to get it dirty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0086.JPG  
    Levi and johnH123 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 08:46 AM
    Thanks
    The name on the side says it all. May or may not be the same company here in the US. But the Titan here is known for poor workmanship and poorer customer service.
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    11-11-2019 @ 08:00 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,091 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by felixm22 View Post
    The name on the side says it all. May or may not be the same company here in the US. But the Titan here is known for poor workmanship and poorer customer service.
    Different company.

As for why they're not more popular over here, good question. I'm not aware of any aftermarket loaders for modern Deere SCUTs, but Europe and Australia seem to have access to all sorts of neat things we can't get like factory cabs on the small machines as well.
    felixm22, Levi and johnH123 like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 56FordGuy For This Useful Post:

felixm22 (06-28-2016)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:04 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,906 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Yep we can't get the front 3PH like they do in the UK either.
    Last edited by Levi; 06-28-2016 at 09:20 PM.
    5304 likes this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks

Re Titan

Hi felixm22
    The Model of the loader is Titan the manufacturer is an Australian company called Burder no relation to the U.S.company. It is a strong well made unit with good after sales service.
    Regards John
    56FordGuy, 5304, felixm22 and 2 others like this.

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    Different company.

As for why they're not more popular over here, good question. I'm not aware of any aftermarket loaders for modern Deere SCUTs, but Europe and Australia seem to have access to all sorts of neat things we can't get like factory cabs on the small machines as well.
    Suspension seats are also a standard item on Euro 2000 series John Deere compacts.

I also like the self leveling loaders for most things.
    Last edited by ChrisR; 06-29-2016 at 07:16 AM.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    Different company.

Westendorf, Koyker and Woods have'em (but not self leveling for the SCUT market). I think it would be a tough market as I can honestly say I never considered them with my purchase. No that their products are bad, just not convenient. I've seen the Westendorf products at the state fair, and they are VERY well made, perhaps better than OEM.
    Last edited by 56Nine; 06-29-2016 at 09:48 AM.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:37 PM
    Thanks
    First, my utility tractors, JD 2030 and JD 6415, both have MSL loaders, JD 245 and JD 640.

I think the reason our SCUT, MCUT and LCUT tractors do not have MSL loaders is the added weight and cost for these size tractors can not be justified. If it was mandated they would have them. But since it is not, the extra weight and cost would put them at a disadvantage in this competitive market.

I am not sure why 4 in 1 bucket have not caught on here. Again maybe cost and weight. What ever they weigh extra is lost capacity.
    Levi likes this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Hi All
    A self leveling loader should not be much heavier than a standard JD loader as the bucket are much smaller and lighter for the same capacity due to not requiring the high back (spill guard). Most of the extra weight is back closer to the tractor which reduces it's effect, the Hydraulic cylinders are the same on both types so it is only the extra linkages that increase the weight. The bucket on my loader is quite a bit heavier than a standard bucket because it is a 4 in 1, and thus smaller and has less capacity due to it's greater weight. I could buy a standard bucket of greater capacity, but why, I am retired and the only difference is the time it takes to do a job, not a problem, cannot justify the cost. I understand from reading threads on this site that self leveling loaders are an option on JD's larger tractors in the U.S., I know all the large tractors here are sold with JD OE self leveling loaders.
    And you are right we do have quite a few JD's fitted with front PTO's and TPH. I have seen them with slasher type mowers out the front. I saw one large tractor fitted with a large wide mower out the front which directed it's discharge between the tractor wheels. It was towing a very large self loading trailer with a pickup that had a width just greater than the distance between the wheels of the tractor. This set up is much bigger and more maneuverable than the old system where the mower is between the tractor and trailer.
    Regards John
    Levi likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements