Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Pat's EZ change

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-14-2019 @ 06:57 PM
    Thanks

Pat's EZ change

Does anyone have it? the main questions I have is 1) how well do they work, and 2) do you have to have the little washers, or could you just use standard lynch pins?

thanks for any info you all have to offer.
    BigJim55 and MeagerHair like this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    08-31-2019 @ 08:53 PM
    Thanks
    I actually bought the pat's easy change about a month ago and really like it. The main reasons I went with the pat's instead of an Imatch style quick hitch was because,

1. I "steal" my three point attachments used off of craigslist and I've noticed that the pin width very as well as the top link center height. I did not want to modify all of my tools to work with an imatch style hitch.
    2. I can't believe the easy change it on my draft arms when I take everything apart to put the backhoe on.
    3. I think I can use my post hole digger without removing it as well (I have yet to try this), and it looks like it will give me about 1 1/2" more lift at the pin but only 3/4" more droop.
    4. Cost was half the price

I bought my set up online from Rural king for $169. Pat's Category 1 Premium 3 Point Quick Change Hitch w/ Bar 102ST by Greenwell Mfg for $169.97 in Hitches - Balls - Hitches - Trailers - Accessories - Automotive : Rural King This included the center spacer bar that keeps your draft arms at a certain width (which I recommend). It comes with 3 sets of the bent washers, and I don't think I would use it without them because they help things stay captured better.

Everybody seems to want $10 a set for those washers. I also found those sale online for much cheaper $3/set Pat's Lynch Pin Washers -Works with Category #1 Pins -LPW1 by Greenwell Mfg for $3.97 in Misc. Equipment - 3 Point Utility Equipment - 3 Point Equipment & Accessories - Agriculture : Rural King
    Last edited by Yamaguy; 07-02-2016 at 12:00 AM.
    Gizmo2, Levi, JKR and 3 others like this.
    2014 2032R- Curtis hard side Cab, H130 loader, 62D deck, 46 backhoe, Artillian 42" forks and grapple, LandPride 2072 pulverizer, 72" rear blade, post hole digger, EA 72” Pine Straw Rake, Jacobsen B40 blower

Gator 6x4 gas

Cub Cadet 147

Cub Cadet 882 Diesel cat 0 3point hitch (sold)

Cub loboy 154 Cozy cab, creeper, turning brakes, cat 1 3point hitch, dual hydro, 54" plow, IH 3260 deck (sold)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yamaguy For This Useful Post:

Bulitt (06-04-2017)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaguy View Post
    I actually bought the pat's easy change about a month ago and really like it. The main reasons I went with the pat's instead of an Imatch style quick hitch was because,

1. I "steal" my three point attachments used off of craigslist and I've noticed that the pin width very as well as the top link center height. I did not want to modify all of my tools to work with an imatch style hitch.
    2. I can't believe the easy change it on my draft arms when I take everything apart to put the backhoe on.
    3. I think I can use my post hole digger without removing it as well (I have yet to try this), and it looks like it will give me about 1 1/2" more lift at the pin but only 3/4" more droop.
    4. Cost was half the price

I bought my set up online from Rural king for $169. Pat's Category 1 Premium 3 Point Quick Change Hitch w/ Bar 102ST by Greenwell Mfg for $169.97 in Hitches - Balls - Hitches - Trailers - Accessories - Automotive : Rural King This included the center spacer bar that keeps your draft arms at a certain width (which I recommend). It comes with 3 sets of the bent washers, and I don't think I would use it without them because they help things stay captured better.

Everybody seems to want $10 a set for those washers. I also found those sale online for much cheaper $3/set Pat's Lynch Pin Washers -Works with Category #1 Pins -LPW1 by Greenwell Mfg for $3.97 in Misc. Equipment - 3 Point Utility Equipment - 3 Point Equipment & Accessories - Agriculture : Rural King
    The main reason I'm looking at pats system is because of the backhoe. I don't want to remove a whole extra impliment just to put on the backhoe. Have you had issues with the bar getting caught on stuff? I'm pretty sure all my tools are cat.1 standard so I might not get much use out of it.

As far as the washers, could you just get a bolt, thread on a nut, put it through the hole in the pin and add another nut?
    Bulitt likes this.
    -Countyline box blade,
    -RED windrow rake,

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 2,313 Posts
    I had Pat's system for quite a few years. In my opinion it is fantastic. The only reason I sold it was to buy an iMatch hitch since I have a hard time now with just about everything. In fact I sold my set to a member here.

You don't need those washers but make the system work so much better - well worth it in my opinion. You still need lynch pins with the bent washers - it's just that with their washers the lynch pins can stay on the implement and they hold the washers in place. So you can back up to an implement and hook the bottom hooks right up without leaving the seat.

I also opted for the spreader bar - it keeps the 3-point arms at the right distance apart so you are automatically lined up.

I don't know how much they charge for them. When I bought my Pat's set Pat himself was selling them. I asked for a couple extra washers and he through them in at no charge.

In some ways the Pat's system is better than the iMatch hitch - especially if you have implements that aren't iMatch compatible. I only have 2 3-point implements now - had to modify my brush hog but am good to go now.

These things are great - I am sure you would be happy with them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1330046.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	398.7 KB 
ID:	202905

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1330043.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	238.7 KB 
ID:	202913
    Gizmo2, JKR, spferdil and 3 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

Bulitt (06-04-2017), johnH123 (07-02-2016)

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=coaltrain;1013497] You still need lynch pins with the bent washers
    I also opted for the spreader bar - it keeps the 3-point arms at the right distance apart so you are automatically lined up.

[QUOTE]
    Thats OK because i have a set for each tool anyway.

couldn't you just use the stabilizers that are on the tractor?
    Last edited by johnH123; 07-02-2016 at 10:25 AM. Reason: fixed quote.
    -Countyline box blade,
    -RED windrow rake,

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 2,313 Posts
    You can adjust the stabilizers but that will still let the arms swing inward some - enough that the hooks won't line up properly if they move when backing up.

This is if you are using the washers and lynch pins which you would leave on the implement all the time.

You could do without the washers and lynch pins and leave the 3-point pins bare. That would give you more side to side room for the 3-point arms to move. Hook under the implement pins then just add your lynch pins.
    johnH123 likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:36 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post
    Does anyone have it? the main questions I have is 1) how well do they work, and 2) do you have to have the little washers, or could you just use standard lynch pins?

thanks for any info you all have to offer.
    jH- I have a Pat's ECS; it was cheaper and works much better than the Chinese knock off QH's like HF or Speeco's version. I use the bent washers and lynch pins. A word of caution from my experience: use the speader bar just for alignment of the lift arms, then remove it. I left mine in place during my first use and mangled it.

Another huge advantage of Pat's ECS over the others is that there are no cross members that might impede PTO shaft rotation. Also, your top link is used without the hook and pin system that many QHs have.

I cannot speak more highly of the Pat's ECS system, only that I wish that I would have found it before ordering a Speeco QH that now takes up barn space.

Brian
    PaDave, JKR, johnH123 and 1 others like this.
    Brian

2005 JD4720 open station that replaced a thoroughly worn out late 1940's Ford 8N
    Factory rear wheel weights
    JD 400x loader
    1997 Farm King 7 ft RMFM
    KBOGH's; Pat's ECS for Cat-1 hitch
    5 ft. Bush Hog dating from the dawn of Mankind

'94Honda 300 cc Fourtrax, '16 Honda 500 cc Foreman

Misc. rusty implements
    2X Simplicity Riding Mowers
    Second-hand Homemade log splitter (aka " The Beast")

46-1/4 acres in the majestic rolling hills in Southern Ohio

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PikeCoGreenTractorMan For This Useful Post:

johnH123 (07-04-2016)

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 05:45 PM
    Thanks
    This looks like a great system. 169$ at Rural King. In my situation I just throw all the hitch stuff in a recycling bin and slide it under a shelf. Having an imatch is having another implement to store somewhere. I normally leave the backhoe attached.

Does the additional length call for new pto shaft(s) to be fitted?

http://https://www.ruralking.com/pat...t-1-w-bar.html

I see Titan is selling a basic version for 89$. This may be what I need for my huge assortment of two implements...
    http://www.palletforks.com/quick-hit...t-fast-ez.html
    Last edited by Bulitt; 06-04-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    ky_shawn likes this.
    Bob - 2011 2520

2520 Mods - http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...2520-mods.html
    Posted for general info only. Not suggesting you alter your tractor based upon my feeble minded posts. Do so at your own risk. Maintenance and mods should be performed by a JD Dealer, or refer to your owners and maintenance manuals for proper procedures.

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 09:44 AM
    Thanks
    Yesterday while at Rural King I looked at this setup and instantly wanted to throw my recently acquired Imatch into the scrap pile. I had seen/read about these in forums/YouTube but dismissed the ideal of it and went with the Imatch with thoughts that the Imatch may work better with a hydraulic toplink, not so sure my thoughts was accurate after looking at the Pats in person. For the money and ease of use with implements I believe this setup is as good as it gets. Sure is cheaper and less headaches to use this setup verses buying imatch compatible implements or modifying implements to work with the Imatch
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 06-04-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    Yamaguy, Bulitt and buckteeth445 like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 992 Posts
    I looked at Pat's Easy Change system years ago and cheaped out. After constantly fighting with my HF QH and my non QH compatible attachments, I threw in the towel. I ordered the Pat's system and enough bent washers so each of my attachments will have a set. I ordered from Rural King, which had the best price I could find. I watched a couple YouTube videos of the installation (one of them was by a southern gentleman...OC?) and went from there. My install went just fine although I was shorted a couple nuts, but I had the same size on hand so it was no big deal. So far I have used it with my brush hog and it has worked just as it should. It provides a solid connection to the implement and I was able to back up and connect in the dark with just the light of my iPhone. Now....I did have a PTO extender/adaptor and I used that just in case. I did also need to buy an extra long top link from TSC ($40). The Pat's system moves the lift arm connection points 4" further away from the tractor and I couldn't get the hog adjusted how I wanted without a longer top link. Other than that, I'm happy. This system made sense to me because I was always having to do something with the top link when using the HF QH. The lift arms are always what took me the longest to hook up. So now I have a HF QH, countless bushings, and a HF adaptor fork thingy decorating the barn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FullSizeRender (1).jpg   FullSizeRender (2).jpg   FullSizeRender (3).jpg   IMG_1913.JPG   IMG_1912.JPG  

IMG_1926.JPG  
    Jamie

2019 JD XUV 825M Gator - Olive and Black, w/72" Boss Poly Straight Blade Plow (Fully Hydraulic), Roof, Power Dump Bed, Spray in Bed Liner, and Bucket Seats
    2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ColonyPark For This Useful Post:

Whoops (08-23-2017)

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast