Rubber/plastic mat for removing H120 front loader on finished garage floor?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Rubber/plastic mat for removing H120 front loader on finished garage floor?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-22-2017 @ 03:17 PM
    Thanks

Question Rubber/plastic mat for removing H120 front loader on finished garage floor?

Hello All,

I am new here, and recently joined the John Deere club. I purchased a 2016 1025R with the H120 Front Loader and 60" Drive Over Deck. I absolutely love this tractor, minus the weak seat springs (already ordered the upgraded springs from Ken's Bolt On Hooks). I found that attaching and removing the front loader is very easy, and kind of fun! Last week, I had my garage floor finished with a custom epoxy coating. Prior to this, I noticed that attaching/removing the front loader scratched the garage floor. I do not want this to happen on my newly coated floor.

Do any of you use some type of rubber or plastic mat, or parking pad to prevent scratching/gouging the concrete? I was possibly thinking about getting some sort of mat to park the entire tractor and front loader on, and measured roughly 6'x14'. In the least, I will need something for the front loader itself. I cannot seem to find anything that would be suitable, but am not an expert in that area.

Any advice or pictures would be great!

Thanks,
    Adam
    SulleyBear likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks
    I park my 1026R on horse stall mats (4' x 6' x ~1") made from recycled tires. I got mine direct from the manufacture here as they're a former client. But check Ag and feed stores, they should have them. I went with these mats throughout the barn rather than a dirt floor. . . . Very happy with them, but I do need to finish the job.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0507-16 1026R.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	205353
    Gizmo2, Zebrafive, Levi and 2 others like this.
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch Hitch’N Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear

https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin...9-2fca25bc3f83

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlin For This Useful Post:

ajn1211 (07-07-2016)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    06-02-2017 @ 02:45 PM
    Thanks
    Too slow I guess, what he said.

What about stall mat? In the thinner varieties, they'd offer plenty of protection and not be too expensive as well as easily movable.
    SulleyBear likes this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AReeves08 For This Useful Post:

ajn1211 (07-07-2016)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    TSC has a very nice, thick, black rubber mat, and it's inexpensive. I don't know what they call it, but it comes in a couple sizes, and may be just the ticket.
    SulleyBear likes this.
    Will

JD 4100 HST, MFWD; JD 410 w/61" bucket, Ken's BoltOn hooks & shackles; Titan ballast box; modified quick hitch; 6' landscape rake & wheel kit; TS subsoiler; Woods Mowin'Machine; 61" mower deck, vac & hopper.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JD-4100 For This Useful Post:

ajn1211 (07-07-2016)

10. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick replies and great suggestions! Looks like a trip to Agri Supply is in my near future.
    SulleyBear likes this.

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JD-4100 View Post
    TSC has a very nice, thick, black rubber mat, and it's inexpensive. I don't know what they call it, but it comes in a couple sizes, and may be just the ticket.
    I also use the TSC mats. They have one that's 3x4 feet, made of recycled rubber in Canada, and which sells for about $25. Occasionally on sale for about $20. They're smaller than what I use as stall mats, and therefore much easier to move around. Two of them side by side (6x4) total( are great for dropping the bucket onto. I also use the same configuration for dropping the 60" MMM. Secures the mower deck great for installing, and it doesn't slide on the concrete floor. And, it doesn't add enough height to interfere with the lift and PTO auto-mating feature. Those mats are in my barn center aisle, just inside one entrance door.

However in my shedrow storage area, where the tractor and attachments normally live, I usually drop the bucket down onto a single furniture dolly. That way if I decide to remove it for some reason (usually to use pallet forks) it's all ready to pull the pins, drop it, and roll it out of the way.

Posted this without pictures to remind myself to take and add pics when I walk up to the barn in a few minutes.
    SulleyBear likes this.

12. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    I also use the TSC mats. They have one that's 3x4 feet, made of recycled rubber in Canada, and which sells for about $25. Occasionally on sale for about $20. They're smaller than what I use as stall mats, and therefore much easier to move around. Two of them side by side (6x4) total( are great for dropping the bucket onto. I also use the same configuration for dropping the 60" MMM. Secures the mower deck great for installing, and it doesn't slide on the concrete floor. And, it doesn't add enough height to interfere with the lift and PTO auto-mating feature. Those mats are in my barn center aisle, just inside one entrance door.

However in my shedrow storage area, where the tractor and attachments normally live, I usually drop the bucket down onto a single furniture dolly. That way if I decide to remove it for some reason (usually to use pallet forks) it's all ready to pull the pins, drop it, and roll it out of the way.

Posted this without pictures to remind myself to take and add pics when I walk up to the barn in a few minutes.
    Thanks, I'd love to see photos. I'd like to get a few of them and put them side by side - is there any concern with them shifting at all, or is there a good way to secure them together?
    SulleyBear likes this.

13. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I park my 1026R on horse stall mats (4' x 6' x ~1") made from recycled tires. I got mine direct from the manufacture here as they're a former client. But check Ag and feed stores, they should have them. I went with these mats throughout the barn rather than a dirt floor. . . . Very happy with them, but I do need to finish the job.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0507-16 1026R.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	205353
    Looks great, thanks for the photo. What's your opinion on the 1" version vs a thinner one? Does it really matter?
    Marlin and SulleyBear like this.

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-01-2019 @ 09:09 AM
    Thanks
    You see people that put those snap together garage floor tiles in fancy garages, not sure how much they are or where to buy but might look a little fancier than just a rubber mat, if you care. Maybe they even have green and yellow?
    ColonyPark and SulleyBear like this.
    70 w/ Custom 8hp Briggs and Hydrostatic Rearend
    70 no engine
    '74 140 H-3 w/ HD Air Cleaner, 3pt
    332 Custom Turbocharged and 2 Speed Swap
    345-the Grass Cutter w/ Powerflow Bagger
    2009 2320 w/ 200CX & 53" bucket 54 SnowBlower Artillian 42" forks

3pt York Rake, Brinly 8 10 and 12" sleeve hitch & 3pt plows, 3pt Tandem Disk, Toolbar, A-Frame w/ Forks. Haban Flail Mower & Sickle Mower (140-332), Mott T38 Flail Mower, Custom MD Fab 3pt Plow and 2 Bottom Disk Plow, 3pt box blade, 42" Hyd Tiller

15. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duwem View Post
    You see people that put those snap together garage floor tiles in fancy garages, not sure how much they are or where to buy but might look a little fancier than just a rubber mat, if you care. Maybe they even have green and yellow?
    I did find a company that sells those tiles, as a John Deere display pad (link below). They come in various styles/colors and sizes. Starting at $446, a little more than I was thinking of spending, considering I can get a mat or two for under $100.

John Deere Display Pad - Small Design 1 l Swisstrax Flooring
    Levi, Marlin, SulleyBear and 1 others like this.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast