Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: H120 Loader Failure/ Sitting Low on Stand

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    04-19-2017 @ 10:35 PM
    Thanks

H120 Loader Failure/ Sitting Low on Stand

I have a JD 1025R and the H120 loader. When I went to put the loader on my 1025R today, the loader is still on the stand, but it is so low the tractor front wheels hit the loader and I cannot drive close enough to it to install as usual. I noticed a small puddle of some fluid under the left arm of the loader, and the hydraulic arms closest to the tractor hookup are fully extended. I checked all the connections on the loader, and they all seem to be tight. The leak seems to be coming from inside the frame around the hydraulic front arm.

I hooked up the hoses to the tractor to try to use the controls to get the loader to lift up, but it will not lift high enough to be able to get the front tractor tires under the frame of the loader.

I used the H120 loader last about 5 months ago, and it has been sitting on the stand in my building for the past 5 months covered with a tarp. The loader is 3 years old, and I have less than 10 hours on it. I have maintained it as the manual suggests by greasing all the many lubrication points and making sure all the bolts are tight. I have installed the loader 10 times or so and am proficient in doing so.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I am very frustrated that this loader would fail after such a short amount of use. Thank you in advance for any responses.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:30 PM
    Thanks
    While it is not unusual for the loader to droop if you didn't park it near top position when you disconnected it should still rise fully, even with a slight leak if you hook it up. Don't know sir...
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff B For This Useful Post:

Salsy1 (07-26-2016)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:20 AM
    Thanks
    Can you include a picture or two?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 06:57 AM
    Thanks
    What I found when removing the H120 & H130 loaders, is that raising the supports until the locks close will keep the loader from settling when it is parked.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisR For This Useful Post:

RandyM (07-17-2016), Salsy1 (07-26-2016)

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Salsy1 View Post
    I have a JD 1025R and the H120 loader. When I went to put the loader on my 1025R today, the loader is still on the stand, but it is so low the tractor front wheels hit the loader and I cannot drive close enough to it to install as usual. I noticed a small puddle of some fluid under the left arm of the loader, and the hydraulic arms closest to the tractor hookup are fully extended. I checked all the connections on the loader, and they all seem to be tight. The leak seems to be coming from inside the frame around the hydraulic front arm.

I hooked up the hoses to the tractor to try to use the controls to get the loader to lift up, but it will not lift high enough to be able to get the front tractor tires under the frame of the loader.

I used the H120 loader last about 5 months ago, and it has been sitting on the stand in my building for the past 5 months covered with a tarp. The loader is 3 years old, and I have less than 10 hours on it. I have maintained it as the manual suggests by greasing all the many lubrication points and making sure all the bolts are tight. I have installed the loader 10 times or so and am proficient in doing so.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I am very frustrated that this loader would fail after such a short amount of use. Thank you in advance for any responses.
    Hiya,

Well, not having see the position of the loader I'm only guessing here but if you have an engine crane or other lifting device, simply strap the loader up and raise it up until you can drive under it and drop it on the stub arms. (Thats how we used to take off loaders before the days of quick park loaders)

The issue with you not being able to lift it hydraulically may be as simple as dirt in the quick connectors on either the loader or your tractor or you hooked up the connections incorrectly and they are working against each other. Normally when people have issues with loader function it comes down to connectors. It could also be a defective connector, I have had 3 of them in the past few years on 2 different tractors so it's always a possibility. I now keep a spare male and female set for each tractor, just in case.

Tom
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    04-19-2017 @ 10:35 PM
    Thanks
    I had the dealer help me with this issue. When I was detaching the loader, I would not leave it sitting high enough on the stand. The dealer told me to watch the stand and move it all the way back as close to the front axle as possible when getting ready to detach the loader.

What I had always done was just lift the loader 3-4 inches higher than the attachment points on the tractor. When doing this, the stand is not fully extended and over time and the loader can settle down to a point where you can no longer attach it back on the tractor.

By releasing the pressure in the lines by using a rag and pushing against the end of the line, the dealer was easily able to lift the stand back high enough by using the hydraulics on the tractor. This problem was basically my inexperience. Thank you to all who responded.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Salsy1 For This Useful Post:

BetterThanATonka (07-26-2016), FredHickory (07-28-2016)

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    11-19-2019 @ 04:57 PM
    Thanks
    I had the dealer help me with this issue. When I was detaching the loader, I would not leave it sitting high enough on the stand. The dealer told me to watch the stand and move it all the way back as close to the front axle as possible when getting ready to detach the loader.

What I had always done was just lift the loader 3-4 inches higher than the attachment points on the tractor. When doing this, the stand is not fully extended and over time and the loader can settle down to a point where you can no longer attach it back on the tractor.

By releasing the pressure in the lines by using a rag and pushing against the end of the line, the dealer was easily able to lift the stand back high enough by using the hydraulics on the tractor. This problem was basically my inexperience. Thank you to all who responded.
    +1 had the same issue 1st couple of times I dropped mine. Now i pop her right up and it's no problem.
    2007 2305, New to Me 12/15
    62c MMM, Independent Mid Lift
    H130 FEL, Heavy Hitch, , IMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks,
    N1 Sunshade, 48" Flex Hitch King Kutter,
    72" CTA Snow Pusher, CIDAttachments Forks
    LP 60” Grader Scrapper, R2 Edge Tamers
    Hitch'N Can

13. Top | #8

Last Online
    11-17-2019 @ 07:41 PM
    Thanks

Learning Experiences

I would not leave it sitting high enough on the stand. The dealer told me to watch the stand and move it all the way back as close to the front axle as possible when getting ready to detach the loader.
    Yep - Learned that myself from reading this forum, along with many other little tid-bits. Awesome folks here!
    Merrell

- JD 1025R, R4's, H120 FEL w/ Kens Bolt-on Grab Hook/Clevis combo (awesome!), 60" autoconnect MMM, 36" forks

14. Top | #9

Last Online
    09-23-2019 @ 12:06 AM
    Thanks
    I had the exact same issue. Someone on t his forum told me that when your are detaching the loader, to raise the connection point up until the latches fall back to their locked position on their own. This is apparently the instructions on the manual. I haven’t had the issue since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Top | #10

Last Online
    11-14-2019 @ 08:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdorris112 View Post
    I had the exact same issue. Someone on t his forum told me that when your are detaching the loader, to raise the connection point up until the latches fall back to their locked position on their own. This is apparently the instructions on the manual. I haven’t had the issue since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What is the trick for getting the latches to fall back on the H120? I have tried following the manual and have never been able to get them to fall. Do you have to tip/position the bucket at all? Or is it simply I am not raising it high enough on the stand? Thanks.
    -Paul

2014 1025R, 60D auto-connect, H120 FIL, 54" Front Blade, 54" Snow Blower, and Landpride BB1248 Box Blade.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast