• 3 Post By 56Nine
  • 1 Post By coaltrain

Thread: 60D Hyd lift, hair pin popped out

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks

60D Hyd lift, hair pin popped out

This weekend I had the opportunity for a little maintenance, that by chance happened to include the operator station platform removal. As I was visually inspecting everything, I was surprised to find that a small retaining clip (11/red oval) had some how came out of the end of the lift pin(22) . The pin was bound in the hole, and fortunately nothing else seems to have been damaged nor was the hole egged out. I consider my self fortunate to have accidentally found it. THIS is why we call it preventive maintenance, or as my wife says, "playing"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lift_clip.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	210321
    BigJim55, Ray_PA and coaltrain like this.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,147 Times in 2,304 Posts
    Good catch! As you said it is good to take the time once in a while and really go over your equipment.

The lift arms on my 62D mower had pins like that which were too small for the application - there is a thread on GTT about this as many of us had the pins fall out and bend the expensive linkage. I have since replaced all the hair clips like that with something more substantial.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Good catch! As you said it is good to take the time once in a while and really go over your equipment.

The lift arms on my 62D mower had pins like that which were too small for the application - there is a thread on GTT about this as many of us had the pins fall out and bend the expensive linkage. I have since replaced all the hair clips like that with something more substantial.
    I agree and count my blessings that nothing further was damaged. What kind of clips did you use as a replacement? I thought about drilling the hole out just a little and using a larger/stronger clip and maybe add a washer between the clip and attachment.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,147 Times in 2,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    I agree and count my blessings that nothing further was damaged. What kind of clips did you use as a replacement? I thought about drilling the hole out just a little and using a larger/stronger clip and maybe add a washer between the clip and attachment.
    Being I hate dealing with cotter pins I used what I think is called circle cotter pins - they are like a key ring. I had a few of these in my pin drawer - Deere used these quite a bit over the years on linkages and the like.

https://www.pivotpins.com/products/b...e-cotters.html

The link above has all kinds of neat pins - this was shown to me in our other conversation. I went to Tractor Supply and looked at all the pins and picked something from there.

And yes - not a bad idea to use washers if you have room.
    56Nine likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements