Green Tractor Talk banner

Time to start thinking about snow

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Gizmo2 
#1 ·
I have started deciding what to purchase for snow season. I am down to three options. I am looking at system to mount to my H130 on my 2305. Prices don't have shipping but I am guessing that will net out. All units would have angling.

Lowest cost at $1900 is EMP solution with electric angle kit. The residential customers only and no ram plowing warning on the thier product page has me a little worried.

Middle solution is Horst HLA1000 with angle and hose kit. This thing looks like it is built like a rock it is $2,450

Last solution is Deere 54 with Quick hitch mounted to Artillian bracket on thier fork backrest. That solution is in the $2,900 range. Of course I would have a snow plow and forks.

Big decision. Any thoughts.

:plowsnow:

Reactions: johnH123
#3 ·
I know you get a lot more snow UP NORTH than I do, but I would suggest you start with what I have and that is a rear blade and the loader bucket. I just drive over the snow and blade it to the side of the drive, then use the bucket to clean up such as at the road end of the drive. If the snow gets too much to drive over it, turn the blade around and back into the snow. If this works for you, you will have saved a lot of :gizmo:

Dave

#4 · (Edited)
I have the Deere 54" plow mounted on the Artillian frame on my loader + the Artillian rubber wings. It works awesome.

That said, if I were to do it again, I think I'd pass on the Deere plow and go with the CT Attachments 66" plow instead. It's wider, taller and beefier. But it isn't JDQA so you still need the QuickHitch to mount it on the Artillian frame.

#9 ·
Thank you, I will check out the CT Attachments option. That is why I posted was to see what other ideas were out there. I also am considering the 3 pt loader and plow option. Issue is they said last year was a light snow year but we could have a winter and get hammered.

#6 ·
I have the JD 54" plow w/ Artillian angle kit, wings, composite cutting edge, fork frame & adapter.
Greatest thing ever to plow with I have found yet.:good2:

Reactions: Levi
#7 ·
MeagerHair, If you don't already have forks you need to start there. IMO.
I do like JimR's suggestion.
For the record and IMO, hydraulics over electric,,,,every time.

#10 ·
Here ya go- you might want to think twice about it ! :bigthumb:

In todays weather, I don't think that would make it to the ground or within a mile of it. :lolol:

#12 ·
Checked out CT Aatachments. The 72 inch snow pusher for the loader also looks slick.

Reactions: Levi
#14 ·
If'n I could find two 30 inch snowblowers, preferably made by the same manufacturer for free or for a little bit of money, I would like to build a mount out of 3/8 4X4 angle iron to hold them and use flat stock brackets to mounted the attachment solidly to the 855's bucket. I don't think the blower would be hard at all to build, they don't weigh that much. Right now I use my bucket and reverse my 5' grader blade to it's backward position while pushing snow... it's weight does a terrific job of leveling the snow the FEL misses.

#15 ·
Just figured out that CT Attachments is less than an HR drive away. That would mean no shipping if I can pick up.

Snow pusher and blade on back may be a good option for me. I have a fairly large area in front of the Garages to clear along with the 300ft of driveway.

Reactions: pcabe5 and Levi
#16 ·
I've been using just my loader bucket for many years now. Like you I have a fairly large area that I clear where a pusher would work great. I came very close to buying one last summer but glad I didn't now as I didn't have one bit of snow last winter.

John Deere Quick Attach Snow Pushers - Tractor snow blade

The pushers aren't for everyone - we've had some pretty extensive conversations over the years here.

But for me it just isn't worth the cost - I can do my 800' of driveway plus the intersection in less than an hour with my bucket. I did get a set of Edge Tamers last year but still haven't been able to try them out.....

This is the intersection plus just a part of my driveway -

Snow Winter Freezing Geological phenomenon Tree

#17 ·
I'll add a vote for the HLA 1000 plow. It is tank like and for the build, a bit weighty but not overly so IMHO.

I opted for the manual version and then added hydraulic angling after the first year in my own and saved a bunch doing it. For all my parts and the Artillian diverter kit I was still less than the manual to hydraulic upgrade from HLA.

#18 · (Edited)
I'll add a vote for the HLA 1000 plow. It is tank like and for the build, a bit weighty but not overly so IMHO.

I opted for the manual version and then added hydraulic angling after the first year in my own and saved a bunch doing it. For all my parts and the Artillian diverter kit I was still less than the manual to hydraulic upgrade from HLA.
:thumbup1gif: A heavy plow is a good thing when you really need 4WD.

Reactions: DRobinson
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.