Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Front End Loader for 855 tractor

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:28 AM
    Thanks

Front End Loader for 855 tractor

I have a 1989 model year 855 tractor. Can anyone tell me what the model number would be for a front end loader for this tractor. I would need the entire setup. Looking to buy something used & don't really know where to look for one or what to shop for. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    04-22-2018 @ 03:24 AM
    Thanks
    I believe it's a model 70A. I've got a friend who's in the same predicament as you. I started a thread last year searching for one and nothing has come up. Kenny said that the're extremly hard to find............and if you find one...........it would be in pretty rough shape.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...nd-loader.html
    Maddog likes this.
    Bob

2011 JD 2320, 200CX FEL, 62D MMM, Artillian Pallet Forks, 54" Front Mount Snowblower, Curtis Hard Side Cab, Ballast Box, HF Quick Hitch, 40 Gallon Fimco 3PTH Sprayer,

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sterling40man View Post
    I believe it's a model 70A. I've got a friend who's in the same predicament as you. I started a thread last year searching for one and nothing has come up. Kenny said that the're extremly hard to find............and if you find one...........it would be in pretty rough shape.

Thanks. At least now I know what I'm looking for in terms of a model number. I've got no pressing need on finding one, but I will keep my eyes open. A few years back I kept trying to find a front snow blade fo my 855. Took a long time but I finally found one from a private seller about two hours from my house & it was in really great shape except for one hose I had to replace. You just never know what your going to find out there.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    07-11-2019 @ 07:46 AM
    Thanks
    Sadly, there are far more tractors without loaders than loaders without tractors. While it is not an impossible task, it is difficult and likely to be pricey. It is usually cheaper to buy a tractor with a loader, than to buy them separately. If your search stretches out, you can always take a look aftermarket, ie. Woods, Westendorf, Koyker. I see tractors priced all the time that if one added a mower and loader, the total price would be close to new.
    Kennyd likes this.
    Jim
    USMC 73-77
    1026R, H120 Loader, 53" Bucket, 60" 7 Iron Auto-Connect MMM, Artillian Forks, Artillian Front Hoe, King Kutter 48" Tiller

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrmyr View Post
    Sadly, there are far more tractors without loaders than loaders without tractors. While it is not an impossible task, it is difficult and likely to be pricey. It is usually cheaper to buy a tractor with a loader, than to buy them separately. If your search stretches out, you can always take a look aftermarket, ie. Woods, Westendorf, Koyker. I see tractors priced all the time that if one added a mower and loader, the total price would be close to new.
    I think your right on the priceing & the difficulty in finding one. But I did a quick search for Non Deere loaders & found at least one aftermarket brand but can't recall the name. I think it was KeroKey or something like that. They had one ranging from about $2,900 to $5,000 depending on how you were equipping it. So there are aftermarket rigs available. But if I could find a small Garden tractor that had a loader on it & in good shape I would buy it. I'm not in any heavy duty need for it, but I see some jobs that I might want to tackle if I had a loader. And the alternative for me would be to just go out & hire a landscaper or construction contractor to do the task at hand & be done with it. The problem with some of these attachments is that you see yourself doing all sorts of things with it, but in the end you do the one or two jobs & it's game over. On the other hand if your always in need for a bucket, then that's a different story.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    07-11-2019 @ 07:46 AM
    Thanks
    I know two people who have acquired 855's, one just a couple of weeks ago, both with loaders, one also with the backhoe. The 70A loader is a very nice loader and is capable of doing a lot. Prior to owning, it is difficult to imagine everything that a loader can accomplish, but, it is almost like having person. You can easily accomplish that which would be impossible or difficult for a single man to accomplish alone. That being said. the next best attachment for a loader is pallet forks, even if just the clamp or chain on kind. They allow handling of large objects or bulky objects such as piles of brush. I know guys who use forks much more than their buckets. Food for thought, but personally, I can't imagine any tractor other than very big tillage, meeting it's maximum utility without a loader.
    Jim
    USMC 73-77
    1026R, H120 Loader, 53" Bucket, 60" 7 Iron Auto-Connect MMM, Artillian Forks, Artillian Front Hoe, King Kutter 48" Tiller

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:19 PM
    Thanks
    My 855 (1987) came with a model 52 loader.
    Works fine.
    Good luck

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-04-2013 @ 10:01 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    I have a 1989 model year 855 tractor. Can anyone tell me what the model number would be for a front end loader for this tractor. I would need the entire setup. Looking to buy something used & don't really know where to look for one or what to shop for. Thanks.
    Check out Westendorf loaders at Front-End Tractor Loaders by Westendorf: Shade Canopy, Snow Plow, Hay Equipment they claim they make loaders to fit almost any make or model and all of their loaders are quick attach I believe. They claim to be better than a OEM loader.

Rick
    2013 JD 3038e tractor, 305 FEL w/parking stand, RimGuard loaded rear tires, iMatch Hitch, JD Ballast Box, JD 2060 Box Blade, ETA 42" Pallet Forks, JD 655 Tiller, Frontier SB1164 3 PH Snowblower, JD 40C 2 bottom plow (circa 1920-30) modified for 3 PH, Frontier 66" DH1066 Disc, Home Made 55 Gallon Remote water tank
    2004 Simplicity 18 HP mower W/50" deck,
    2011 Cyclone Rake

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 02:31 PM
    Bloomingdale, NJ which is in the north east part of NJ
    Thanks
    This is the one that Westendorf recommends for the 855 TA-55: Westendorf Front-End Tractor Loader
    Rob

second owner of '05' John Deere 990 CUT with the following:
    JD 300CX FEL
    JD 8B BH
    JD PF
    Artillian PF with 2" reciever hitch adapter
    JD BB
    SpeeCo 3PH Wood Splitter
    Also an independent SplitFire Wood splitter

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    04-23-2013 @ 07:52 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sterling40man View Post

The 70A is the correct FEL for the 855. I searched for about a year until I found one in another state. It was in perfect condition and I paid $2100 for it 3 years ago. I will never own a tractor without a FEL again, changes the usefulness of the machine dramatically. The 70A is a nice loader that seems perfectly matched for the 855 so keep looking and be willing to pay when one eventually comes up.
    Maddog likes this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Keta For This Useful Post:

Maddog (04-19-2013)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast