Anyone using the JD Global quick attach?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By 56FordGuy

Thread: Anyone using the JD Global quick attach?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:51 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,091 Posts

Anyone using the JD Global quick attach?

The JD Global quick attach is a latching system for attachments (buckets, forks) on the loader of larger machines. It doesn't seem to be available for anything under a 5XXX series tractor that I can find, I assume due to the weight of the system over a traditional JD Quick Attach.

The top hooks are the same, but the loader QA tabs have ears on them to help guide the bucket into place. The lower hook up is different. Instead of removing the two lynch pins, you pull out on a lever. That disengages two pins that are perpendicular to the loader arms. Lower out of the bucket, drive over to the pallet forks. Pick the forks up with the loader, then tilt them all the way back. When they tilt back far enough, a tab on the loader arm engages the latch pin and it automatically locks in place.

I've been looking at this system lately, and it appeals to me. You only have to get off the tractor once to change attachments, and all the attachments are the same size. No more 500 series, 600/700 series, 800 series, etc. Global is a size in addition to the latch mechanism. They all interchange. All the work strain is on the locking pins, too. Since the pins run parallel to the bucket, they take just as much load when you're digging as they do if you're backdragging. It does have a linkage, albeit a heavy duty one. There's one spring that could be an issue. It weighs more than the standard JD QA also.

I like the JD QA system with the lynch pins. In my opinion, it's the best overall QA system in production. It's strong, easy, simple, and comparatively lightweight. No springs to break, no linkage to jam up, no pins to bend at the bucket. It just works. However, switching attachments means getting off the tractor twice and walking around the loader twice to install or remove the lynch pins. If you're buying attachments, you have to find the correct size. A 553 loader can't use a bucket off a 741. If you back drag with the bucket, all that strain is applied to the two lynch pins holding the lower pins in place.

I discussed this with my dealer, and for me it's a bit of a wash right now. I don't have any existing attachments to worry about converting. I don't back drag with the bucket, but I don't change attachments much either. There's not much if any difference in the difficulty level to build attachments for either hitch style.

I think if I were to buy a new tractor, I would buy the global QA. As it is now though, I'm not sure it's worth it for me to convert my current loader over to it.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,134 Times in 2,577 Posts
    Sorry 56, I know very little about the global carrier. It sounds like a great system, but I am just not sure it ever really caught on here in the states when compared the the SSQA/BobTach system. I know your machine is in a different league than mine, but the simplicity of the JDQA and ease of making custom attachments to fit it appeal to me.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The system is catching on here, looked like more than half the new machines on the dealer's lot had it. He said that one of his large customers was in the process of switching as well.

I don't like the SSQA on a tractor. I've run it quite a bit, and I'll take either JD system any day. You still have to get off the tractor twice to latch implements and have two sets of linkage and springs to worry about getting jammed up. The machine we were using stayed jammed up. Once mud got in there, it was a pain to clear it out. When you add in the fact that it weighs more and almost requires buying premade attachment plates to build implements for, it comes up very lacking in my opinion. it may be fine for a skid loader because you have to go over the bucket to get on and off, but I'd rather not have it on a tractor.

Building attachments for JD Global looks easier than JD QA. There is no lower pin to locate. All you need is a hole drilled in a plate, welded onto the attachment at a 90* angle.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,134 Times in 2,577 Posts
    Thanks for explaining it to me 56, I must admit laziness and ingorance about the GC, mainly because I have not needed to find out much about it. I will try to get by the dealer and see it in person one day. Your statement about being even easier to fab/copy than the JDQA has me intrigued to say the least!
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02194.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	16018
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    This is a video I found showing how simple it is to switch attachments using the JD Global system. Not my video.

Covers the process well.

Kennyd, dieselshadow and robpm like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements