I clear all the small brush out from the dams every year. It leaves me with small brush piles that are too small to pick up with the forks, and it's too in-efficient to use the bucket.
So I thought I'd try a beefed up piece of plywood that I could put on the forks. I can load up the pile, and cart it off.
The 1st picture is the bottom side. You can see where the forks will fit in. I used a 23/32 (aka sorta 3/4) piece of plywood with a 7/16 OSB on top. The OSB is there so it can get dinged up. I put metal on the long side (6'), and a pressure treated 2x4 on the short side (4'). The "fork grabbers" are pressure treated 2x4.
I polyurethaned the plywood so I wouldn't have to worry about the plywood when it was put on the ground or wet grass. Just for fun, I put polyurethane on the OSB, it was very thirsty. If the OSB gets too beat up, I'll just put another piece on top.
The other pix show how tight the fit was on the forks near the tractor end, I might take some of on the wood. I'd like to get the whole mess in about another 1/2" in order for the font of the forks to be in full contact with the meta. You can see in the underside shot where the ends of the forks don't quite cover all the metal.
There is a hole in the board where I can put a rope through to keep it from coming off the forks when I dump the load. This weights more than I wanted, but, it's far stronger than I thought it would be. I can stand (and jump around) anywhere on it. So it might be a good work platform too.