Rip and Dig

Thread: Rip and Dig

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 01:32 PM
    Thanks

Rip and Dig

Anyone have experience with the Ratchet Rake Rip and Dig on the 1026R? I'm thinking of getting one for 20" deep conduit ditches.
    2012 1026R, H120 FEL, 54D MMM w/auto-connect, JD 47" snowblower, 52" Ratchet Rake, 60" York Rake basic w/wheels

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    I ordered a BucketSolutions.com version of what your looking at called a quick attach spade which clamps onto bucket instead of using straps. After I received it I realized that it was going to be way to much for my little 1026r/H120 FEL to handle. Either product would probably work great on a much larger tractor or a skid steer. I wound up sending mine back. My suggestion, go rent a trencher.
    Vern

[COLOR="#008000"]2012 1026R w/loaded R3's, H120 FEL, Artillian forks, Ken's hooks, auto 54D mower deck, 54 front quick hitch blade
    Heavy Hitch front weight bracket, Omni Transformer hitch and subsoiler, 8-42lb. hang on weights, psrumors seat spring upgrade, Land Pride 54" box blade, Frontier LR2060 landscape rake, J.D. IMatch, Bxpanded tooth bar, backhoe thumb and quick change b/h bucket adapter, recently added 260 backhoe and gently used JD 647 tiller.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    03-28-2016 @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashokan1 View Post
    Anyone have experience with the Ratchet Rake Rip and Dig on the 1026R? I'm thinking of getting one for 20" deep conduit ditches.

Is this something like this? Paumco Products Quick Spade Combo — Model# 1101-Quick Spade | Skid-Steers Attachments| Northern Tool + Equipment

I am looking into this one. and also wonder if there are any opinions around about it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Bloomingdale, NJ which is in the north east part of NJ
    Thanks
    Yes it is similar. You can find it here http://www.ratchetrake.com/images/ri...g_brochure.pdf
    Rob

second owner of '05' John Deere 990 CUT with the following:
    JD 300CX FEL
    JD 8B BH
    JD PF
    Artillian PF with 2" reciever hitch adapter
    JD BB
    SpeeCo 3PH Wood Splitter
    Also an independent SplitFire Wood splitter

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern1026R View Post
    I ordered a BucketSolutions.com version of what your looking at called a quick attach spade which clamps onto bucket instead of using straps. After I received it I realized that it was going to be way to much for my little 1026r/H120 FEL to handle. Either product would probably work great on a much larger tractor or a skid steer. I wound up sending mine back. My suggestion, go rent a trencher.
    Tractor Forks, Bucket Forks, Loader Forks
    Vern

[COLOR="#008000"]2012 1026R w/loaded R3's, H120 FEL, Artillian forks, Ken's hooks, auto 54D mower deck, 54 front quick hitch blade
    Heavy Hitch front weight bracket, Omni Transformer hitch and subsoiler, 8-42lb. hang on weights, psrumors seat spring upgrade, Land Pride 54" box blade, Frontier LR2060 landscape rake, J.D. IMatch, Bxpanded tooth bar, backhoe thumb and quick change b/h bucket adapter, recently added 260 backhoe and gently used JD 647 tiller.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Thanks
    I agree that might have a rough time on the 1026R because of weight as well as low loader capacity. I plan on building one for the 3PH, hopefully this year. A friend of mine is giving me a ripper that I will make into a sub soiler with an add on to roll out the soil creating a trench. My soil is relatively soft so it will work for me I am sure but not from the front end.

Of course I could rent a trencher and be done in less time that making the trencher but that would be less fun.
    Workin hard at loafing!
    2012 1026R c/w H120 FEL, 42" Frontier Forks, 6T49 CL Tooth Bar, CL7 Weight Bracket

RC2048 48" Rough Cut Mower, Buhler Y550R 60" Finishing Mower, 60" Frontier RB2060L Back Blade, JD Ballast Box
    Femco Hitch Adapter 2" Receiver, 60" Farm King 3PH Snow Blower, I Match, BB2048L Frontier Box Blade

6' Kodiak Landscape Rake, Braber Equipment PHD c/w 9" & 12" X 48" Augers, HLA 1000 60" Snow Blade

1980 317 L&G Tractor c/w 48" Mower and 48" Snow Blower

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    03-28-2016 @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robpm View Post
    Yes it is similar. You can find it here http://www.ratchetrake.com/images/ri...g_brochure.pdf
    Thank you for the info. This thing is a little more expensive than the Northern one, but it looks more aggressive, too.
    Any reports on the use of either of those devices would be great.

I plan to make a ditch from my septic system to my motorhome, to run water and a sewer line to it to be able to use the motorhome as additional guest quarters for visiting freinds and relatives (my wife has sisters all over the US and they are very close and visiting each other quite a bit).

I have never made a ditch like this in my entire life, and thus have no practical experience in doing this. But I plan to start the ditch by running a subsoiler the entire way to loosen the ground up. I wanted to follow with a middle buster to widen it somewhat and than finish it up with one of those shovel things. Does this plan make sense? Any critics/suggestions are very much appreciated!

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 07:51 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,091 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post
    But I plan to start the ditch by running a subsoiler the entire way to loosen the ground up. I wanted to follow with a middle buster to widen it somewhat and than finish it up with one of those shovel things. Does this plan make sense? Any critics/suggestions are very much appreciated!
    I've never used one of the bucket shovels, but your plan certainly sounds reasonable. Do the really hard part with the subsoiler, then widen and deepen gradually with the other tools. Depending on how deep you need to go, you may be able to accomplish the task with just the subsoiler and middlebuster. I've dug roughly 12" deep by 12" wide ditches with my middlebuster.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 56FordGuy For This Useful Post:

Hudsoner (04-27-2013)

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements