Converting 450 Tiller to fit 1026R
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Converting 450 Tiller to fit 1026R

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    08-18-2017 @ 07:15 PM
    Location
    Birds Hill Mb
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Converting 450 Tiller to fit 1026R

    I'm looking for assistance to use my 450 tiller ( previously used on 425 JD ) on my 1026R. I realize the tractor end of PTO (on tiller) needs to be changed from male to female connection. Is there a piece that fits into the square shaft and will connect onto the tractor?

    Thanks in advance for all your suggestions,
    JD3X

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Location
    Joelton TN
    Posts
    19,996
    Thanks
    1,069
    Thanked 4,342 Times in 2,611 Posts
    Perhaps some pictures would help us help you.

    BTW, I moved this to the implement and attachment section.


    Sent using Tapatalk
    - Jason

    GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

    Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

    2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.


  4. Top | #3
    Captain Hook Kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    16,576
    Thanks
    5,142
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,576 Posts
    I just did a quick Google search-it looks like it should work as far as the PTO speed and such, but I have no idea about the PTO connection.
    Kenny

    -John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM


    Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

    Visit our YouTube Channel

    My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 08:40 AM
    Location
    ND
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jd3x View Post
    I'm looking for assistance to use my 450 tiller ( previously used on 425 JD ) on my 1026R. I realize the tractor end of PTO (on tiller) needs to be changed from male to female connection. Is there a piece that fits into the square shaft and will connect onto the tractor?

    Thanks in advance for all your suggestions,
    JD3X
    Did you get this to work? I'm in the same situation.

  7. Top | #5
    56FordGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    11-11-2019 @ 08:00 PM
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    10,043
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,091 Posts
    A photo of the PTO connection on the tiller would be helpful.
    -Blake

    Your mileage may vary.

    JD 6410
    Some other stuff

    YouTube- Life in Wyoming

  8. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Online
    04-03-2018 @ 12:29 PM
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 39 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    A photo of the PTO connection on the tiller would be helpful.
    I guess I at a loss on what you are talking about on the PTO. I have a 425 and a 1025R I have PTO attachments for the 425 that I now use on the 1025 The only issue if it's a 3 pt attachment , you need to change it from a category 03PT to a category 1 3 PT .Both tractor PTO's are the same

  9. Top | #7
    56FordGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    11-11-2019 @ 08:00 PM
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    10,043
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,091 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jd3x View Post
    I'm looking for assistance to use my 450 tiller ( previously used on 425 JD ) on my 1026R. I realize the tractor end of PTO (on tiller) needs to be changed from male to female connection. Is there a piece that fits into the square shaft and will connect onto the tractor?

    Thanks in advance for all your suggestions,
    JD3X
    Quote Originally Posted by Red badger View Post
    I guess I at a loss on what you are talking about on the PTO. I have a 425 and a 1025R I have PTO attachments for the 425 that I now use on the 1025 The only issue if it's a 3 pt attachment , you need to change it from a category 03PT to a category 1 3 PT .Both tractor PTO's are the same
    In the original post, the gentleman stated he was having an issue with the PTO connection.
    -Blake

    Your mileage may vary.

    JD 6410
    Some other stuff

    YouTube- Life in Wyoming

  10. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    08-18-2017 @ 07:15 PM
    Location
    Birds Hill Mb
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Picture of PTO shaft

    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    In the original post, the gentleman stated he was having an issue with the PTO connection.
    Attached is a picture of my tiller PTO shaft. My tiller has a male fitting, and so does my 1026R. What type of conversion needs to be done?

    Thanks for all your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_00000346.jpg  

  11. Top | #9
    Sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    11-11-2019 @ 11:25 PM
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    729
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 99 Times in 59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jd3x View Post
    Attached is a picture of my tiller PTO shaft. My tiller has a male fitting, and so does my 1026R. What type of conversion needs to be done?

    Thanks for all your help.
    What is on the other half of the pto shaft? I only see one out of two sections pictured. Dose that "male" end not pop out with a push of the bottom on the pto collar?

  12. Top | #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    08-18-2017 @ 07:15 PM
    Location
    Birds Hill Mb
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    What is on the other half of the pto shaft? I only see one out of two sections pictured. Dose that "male" end not pop out with a push of the bottom on the pto collar?
    This a one piece unit connected to the U joint.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Converting VHS tapes to DVDs
    By T-Mo in forum Computer/Electronics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 01:05 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-26-2012, 04:56 PM
  3. 48' or 60" King Kutter II Tiller for 1026R . . . ??
    By ralphtt in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 10:06 PM
  4. 1026R with a 655 or 647 tiller
    By kirkphoto in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-17-2011, 08:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •