Johnson Workhorse FEL to JD 855?

Thread: Johnson Workhorse FEL to JD 855?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-27-2014 @ 10:45 PM
    Thanks

Johnson Workhorse FEL to JD 855?

Well Iíve been looking for over a year for a front end loader for my 855 with no luck.
    The new ones from places like Westendorf and such are WAY out of my league. So this
    morning I found a Johnson Workhorse B400-model 30 loader with a 54Ē material bucket
    for $1600 and dragged it home with me.
    Now the kickerÖÖ.it is made for a 850/950 and was mounted to a 950. Johnson has
    been bought and sold so many times in the last 50 years that they seem to have been
    absorbed and no one seems to know anything about them. Obvously the 850 and 855
    have different ways of mounting the loader and the hydraulics are different.
    The Johnson FEL has a two-lever control and manifold mounted on the right upright and
    the 855 has a (SCV) selective control valve. Iím assuming that I donít need to use the
    two-lever manifold if I have a tractor with the SCV, right?
    As far as mounting the frame up to the tractor, well there is no way I can find adaptors for
    it so Iíll have to fabricate something so I can mount it to my 855. Iíd like to be able to rig
    some sort of a quick disconnect it with it and if anyone has had any experience mounting
    FELís up to you compact Iíd sure like to here about it.
    Thatís about enough for now, but again, Iíd like to hear any thoughts about using this unit
    with my tractor.

Thanks,
    Denny Graham
    Sandwich, IL

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,150 Times in 2,589 Posts
    Denny, sounds like a good score if you can do the fabrication your self. I have never heard of that brand, can you post some pictures?

If your 855 has the joystick, then you will not need to use the 2-lever control that came with the loader. Have you looked at JDParts to see how the loader mount to the 855? Sometimes on eBay there is brackets they maybe you could modify, it would be wise to do some searching there.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    08-27-2014 @ 10:45 PM
    Thanks
    The neighbor has a 955 that was purchased just a few years after my 855 and
    it came with a JD factory FEL. I'm gonna try to get over and take some pictures of how
    it mounts and see if I can modify this Johnson Workhorse to mount up the same way.
    I'll have to replumb the hydralics since the 855 hook up is right under the left side
    foot board but it wouldn't hurt to run new lines and hoses anyway.

Denny G

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements