Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By davisj4

Thread: o-ring for h120 loader

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-02-2019 @ 11:12 AM
    Thanks

o-ring for h120 loader

So I had been loving the H120 loader but last weekend the black hydrulic line started spraying all over the place were the hose screws into the fitting.

Finally had time to investigate today and the o-ring was not completely round.

Of course I was hoping to get this taken care of earlier today so I could go to the dealer if I needed parts but I had to go into work. Anyway I need part number T77613 which is a size 012 O ring.

Inside Diameter 9.250 MM
    Nominal Section 1.780 MM
    Standard Number Code A
    Standard Number Size 012
    Durometer 90
    Material H4D

I really wanted to get loader work done this weekend, as it was my first weekend in a month I had free and my last for another month, plus our trees are coming this week and I need to finish getting the ground ready.

Looked at home depot, tractor supply, and auto parts stores to see if anything was available locally but no luck. Does anyone have any thoughts, or do I need to wait until next week?
    Superglidesport likes this.
    1025r 54" auto connect deck, H120 FEL, 54" Snow blower, sub soiler

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    If you had a shop that made hydraulic hoses and repairs they might have them.

This probably doesn't help now but if you want spares I ordered from these guys. $1.45 for 50 012-90, Deere will be all of that for one.

http://www.oringsandmore.com

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Might try Mcmaster carr. Probably get a bag of 50 for a couple bucks. Never heard of that material though, I would have thought for a mineral oil application that good old Buna N would have been used.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    Might try Mcmaster carr. Probably get a bag of 50 for a couple bucks. Never heard of that material though, I would have thought for a mineral oil application that good old Buna N would have been used.
    The material is still nitrile rubber, it's just peroxide cured. H4 is a JD material specification, H4A, H4B, etc.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pcabe5 For This Useful Post:

Jeff B (11-06-2016)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    As others have said, any hydraulic hose fabricator shop that sells hydraulic adapters should have the o-ring. The 90 Durometer material o-ring is harder and is normally used on ORB (oring boss) type adapters. They are considered high pressure o-rings because the material is harder.

It may be harder to find a 90 durometer o-ring than a more available 70 durometer. Although the OEM adapter had a 90 durometer o-ring on it, a 70 durometer will work just fine in a pinch.

The reason the o-ring looked, not round, is due to the o-ring being seated against the tapered o-ring seat. This causes the o-ring to take the shape of the taper over time. This is why you should replace the o-rings when re-using an ORB adapter.

When installing an ORB adapter, the o-ring must be lubricated with hydraulic oil. Grease should not be used because grease will not dissolve considering the temperatures of a hydraulic system.

The Parker Store will normally have these o-rings. Here is a link to the Parker Store locator.
    https://www.parker.com/portal/site/P...pe=ParkerStore
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Thanks
    A lot of NAPA stores make hydraulic lines so they may carry it, otherwise a Parker store is the way to go. I have always been able to get anything related to hydraulic lines/fittings out of a Parker Store. Not cheap but well worth the expense.

I have also seen some O'Reilly Parts stores make hydraulic lines but I am thinking it is not very common.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    08-02-2019 @ 11:12 AM
    Thanks
    Went to NAPA today and they had an assortment pack of 400 o-rings. Not sure why I could not find them on the website last night. Was not exactly my plan, but the $16 was well worth the expense since I did not know when I would have another free weekend.

No more leaks, though when I topped off the hydraulic fluid everything looked perfect but when I checked it again after a cleaned everything up it was about 1/4" too high on the dip stick. At least a siphon will be easier to find.

It's always something...

Thanks to everyone
    1025r 54" auto connect deck, H120 FEL, 54" Snow blower, sub soiler

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements