What do you guys think of this??
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of this??

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 06:15 PM
    Thanks

What do you guys think of this??

I just bought a 1025r and want a box blade. For the time being I can't afford a new Frontier BB. I found this used Bush Hog for $325. Dealer says it has only been used a few times. Is this a good brand and will it work on the 1025r with iMatch?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6140063.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	686.1 KB 
ID:	18519

Name:	P6140064.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	682.6 KB 
ID:	18520

Name:	P6140062.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	651.4 KB 
ID:	18521

Thanks for your help!

Stew

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,341 Times in 2,611 Posts
    I don't know if its iMatch compatible. You can ask the dealer about that. The price is right though. I'd snap it up in a heartbeat if it is compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:00 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,091 Posts
    Not a bad price, and not a bad product. May be the exact same as Frontier! Frontier implements are built by outside manufacturers, then sold as Frontier. I can't recall who builds the box blades. Might be Woods.

In any case, should be a good blade. If it's not iMatch compatible, you could convert it yourself if you have some fabrication skills and tools. Or, see if you could get the dealer to convert it for you. Might require welding some new mounts on.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,634 Posts
    Nothing wrong with Bush Hog brand .. I'll buy it compatible or not can't go wrong on the price.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks, guys. Very helpful. I just did a bit of research and it weighs in at 248 lbs., which is quite a bit lighter than the Frontier 2048L. Does this mean much in terms of build quality and performance? Maybe I will need to hang some weights on it. I'm hoping I can get the dealer down to $275 or $300. That would be a good price even if it is not iMatch compatible.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    It's probably made of slightly thinner steel than the Frontier. You may or may not need to hang weights on it, depending on how it performs for you. You could also weld thicker steel plates to it. I wouldn't worry too much about build quality unless you plan on doing heavy construction work with it. Bush Hog implements are well built.

I noticed the lower hitch pins in the picture are turned to the inside. You can turn them around if needed, which may be all it needs to be iMatch compatible.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    It's probably made of slightly thinner steel than the Frontier. You may or may not need to hang weights on it, depending on how it performs for you. You could also weld thicker steel plates to it. I wouldn't worry too much about build quality unless you plan on doing heavy construction work with it. Bush Hog implements are well built.

I noticed the lower hitch pins in the picture are turned to the inside. You can turn them around if needed, which may be all it needs to be iMatch compatible.
    Thanks, 56. very helpful.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    So do you guys think this looks like it's had little use? Rust doesn't bother me. But what about the leading edges of the blade and scarifiers? Does it in fact look like it has seen little use? If these things get bent from pulling too hard, does that effect performance significantly? How about $275? is that a fair counter offer to the dealer's $325 offer? Maybe I'm splitting hairs.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I don't think it's been used much, it still has most of the paint along the lower edges. Even the forward cutting edge still has decent finish on it.

It takes a lot to bend a box blade. You would have to hang it on something pretty hard. You could put a straight edge across the cutting edges if you wanted to check, but I bet it's fine.

Equipment and implement prices vary by region. Around here, that blade would sell pretty quickly for $250-300. I'd say you and the dealer are both right in the ballpark.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    I don't think it's been used much, it still has most of the paint along the lower edges. Even the forward cutting edge still has decent finish on it.

It takes a lot to bend a box blade. You would have to hang it on something pretty hard. You could put a straight edge across the cutting edges if you wanted to check, but I bet it's fine.

Equipment and implement prices vary by region. Around here, that blade would sell pretty quickly for $250-300. I'd say you and the dealer are both right in the ballpark.
    Thanks again 56! I appreciate it.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast