Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Rear forks vs carryall

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-12-2018 @ 07:28 AM
    Thanks

Rear forks vs carryall

Help me decide if I should get rear forks and use a built out pallet as a carryall or get a prebuilt (plus plywood/decking) carry all. Photos and suggestions/reasoning my mind has not thought of are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tinkertot; 11-19-2016 at 07:05 AM.
    '03 2210 John Deere with 210 Loader, Curtis Cab w/heat, 47" snowblower, mower deck, JD ballast box, Artillian fork frame w/hitch - 36" forks - front hoe bucket. Map of Tractor Owners

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:18 AM
    Thanks
    I've never used rear forks, but I'd like to see the guys plans for the carry all in this video at the 1:30 mark:
    Last edited by Plug Ugly; 11-18-2016 at 09:45 PM.
    Rope_Chucker likes this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Thanks
    You can get the Carry-All frame from Tractor Supply for $129. Find yourself a plastic shipping pallet ($10-$15 on Craigslist) and build whatever you want on the pallet. The Carry-All frame will work for lifting pallets just like forks will. For $150 it seems like a no-brainer to me.
    HydroHarold likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    You can get the Carry-All frame from Tractor Supply for $129. Find yourself a plastic shipping pallet ($10-$15 on Craigslist) and build whatever you want on the pallet. The Carry-All frame will work for lifting pallets just like forks will. For $150 it seems like a no-brainer to me.
    Jim, I have to take issue with you on using the carryall frame for pallets. Only because I read "someplace" that they are not strong enough against twisting force unless they are "decked". The board/plywood deck allows the frame to lift 900#+ transferring all the twist to the back frame. I've got one sitting waiting to get a deck to haul my firewood carriers, it's been sitting for an entire summer!
    Rope_Chucker likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    Jim, I have to take issue with you on using the carryall frame for pallets. Only because I read "someplace" that they are not strong enough against twisting force unless they are "decked". The board/plywood deck allows the frame to lift 900#+ transferring all the twist to the back frame. I've got one sitting waiting to get a deck to haul my firewood carriers, it's been sitting for an entire summer!

I don't know what the discussion is/was at "someplace" but I don't see how decking the carry all would prevent any twisting unless you are using a 1/4" thick solid steel plate for that decking. The County Line Carry-All that Tractor Supply sells is rated at 1000# lifting capacity without any decking. Like lifting anything else, it's all about loading and balance.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    04-12-2018 @ 07:28 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Plug Ugly View Post
    I've never used rear forks, but I'd like to see the guys plans for the carry all in this video at the 1:30 mark:
    That's a nice dumping carry all for sure. I'll have to do some research on twisting of prebuilt carryalls. My general thought was that with forks, it would be more universal to be able to just add a pallet with some walls/back to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 2210 John Deere with 210 Loader, Curtis Cab w/heat, 47" snowblower, mower deck, JD ballast box, Artillian fork frame w/hitch - 36" forks - front hoe bucket. Map of Tractor Owners

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Yes you can use the TSC Carry all frame to lift pallets. But I have found it to be tough because the bottom of the carry all frame is made out of angle iron and the increased height/thickness of the angle iron makes it tougher to get them into a pallet.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:50 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkertot View Post
    Help me decide if I should get rear forks and use a built out pallet as a carryall or get a prebuilt (plus plywood/decking) carry all. Photos and suggestions/reasoning my mind has not thought of are appreciated.
    I have a bare King Kutter Carry-all frame that I want to build on this winter. I have used a pallet on it to give me a surface to haul things. ColonyPark is correct, the angle iron construction of a carry-all makes it harder, but not impossible, to pick up pallets. I'm sure a set of 3 point forks would be better at that. I suppose you could make an angle cut at the end of the carry-all to make slipping it into a pallet easier.

Money wise, around here a set of 3-pt forks is about $370, while the carry-all is closer to $170...So, I guess it all depends on what you plan to do with it?...

If you plan to move a lot of pallets... get the forks, and then build your self a nice set up to use as box or work station like some of the fancy carry-alls I've seen on here and youtube..

Just be sure to have some weight on the front end or steering over a bump can get exciting!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kkf.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	268089

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kkca.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	268097

OR...... get both .................................
    pcabe5, ColonyPark and FredHickory like this.
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ErikR For This Useful Post:

tinkertot (11-19-2016)

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 02:55 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Plug Ugly View Post
    Looks a lot like pictures I've seen of Pats Easy Mover. Looks pretty handy.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 07:40 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    My Tractor Supply shows those frames at $149 and the reviews indicated some 'issues' with them...think I'd be a little wary.
    Terry
    World Series of Team Roping member
    John Deere 2440
    Howse bush hog
    J-Bar 7' blade, rake & post hole digger made by somebody
    bunch of home made pull-toys, groomer, bale spears
    Dodge dually '03

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast