Ordered a new snowblower, SB1164. Let it snow!
Like Tree15Likes
  • 9 Post By Nch209
  • 3 Post By TJR345
  • 2 Post By JimR
  • 1 Post By Nch209

Thread: Ordered a new snowblower, SB1164. Let it snow!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 06:08 AM
    Thanks

KOI've been searching for a blower for some time for my john Deere 3520. Been working local dealer on a (new/leftover) 2010 agro trend 72" blower that is leaking oil, plenty of faded paint, missing chute controls, missing skids, and starting to rust in places, and made several offers for past 2 years... And the dealer will not deal much at all! Missed a few used ones here and there that were kinda beat, so finally pulled the trigger at my friendly john Deere dealer on a new 64 frontier by blizzard/rad. I love to wheel and deal, but took his first offer since it was so fair! These seem to zoom the snow and will be brand new and fresh.,, and basically the same price as the new/old agro trend. Backordered, but one the way nonetheless. Excited and hoping got a brutal winter! Hope I made a good choice. I had my heart set on the agro trend, but the dealer was next to rude whereas john Deere was top notch as always. Figured I better stick with the better company on this deal!

I beat myself up trying to decide 64 vs 74, as there isn't much of a difference other than width, and fan depth. Aside from another $500, one thing pushed me to the 64. A local guy had the 3520/64 combo and loved it, sold that setup and went to a 4720 with 74 blower and said it moves volumes but not anywhere near the distance.... In his words he hates it! I can't figure it out, and yet he claims it to be true... To the point of telling me a trade may be in the works if I want to go to the 74. So while that seems like it shouldn't make sense, that's what an actual owner says. (Reminds me of cutting beans this year, the cousins factory sidehill 9560 outran their hillco 9670... Odd like the snowblower story but true. )

Anyway, It should work well. We get little snow or big storms it seems, so I'm content with 64 and the extra cash in my pocket. I have a 72 loader front blade with hydros that way outperformed my expectations, so I can move snow in a hurry now. Hope for lots of snow so it can pay for itself! :-)

Now time to think about modding. Hydraulics, linear actuators, diverters? Decisions decisions! Pics when it arrives! A side note, looks like these are all 540rpm which is fine, but wouldn't it be nice if they geared it up at the gearbox instead of 1:1, or am I missing something?
    Last edited by Nch209; 12-04-2016 at 02:19 AM.
    RandyM, etcallhome, fdmars and 6 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:11 PM
    Thanks
    Definitely will be looking for the pics on this blower.
    etcallhome, Levi and ky_shawn like this.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Thanks
    I bought a SB1164 last year at about this time. The year before we got buried in snow and I was running out of places to push it with the plow. Best purchase I ever made. After spending $3500 we hardly got any snow at all last year!

Hydro controls for spout direction and height would be nice but really, with no cab on my machine it isn't a problem.
    etcallhome and Levi like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Perhaps this will stop the snow from comming near me too. Dealer can get me a meteor sooner, but I'm ok with waiting for the frontier. In the meantime, I think I'm going to o get my parts together to move my deflector. Thinking linear actuator, but also pondering hydraulic. Lots of time to decide. :-)
    Levi likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 07:44 AM
    Thanks
    I picked up a new, left over SB1164 2 winters ago. It came with the hyd chute rotate. I just added a linear actuator to the deflector...need to finish up the wiring and it's ready to go.
    Jim

1025R...H120 loader w/53" bucket, Piranha tooth bar and Ken's BOH, psrumors seat springs, Frontier AP12F w/42" forks, 60D mower w/autoconnect, Frontier 647 tiller, Frontier SB1164 w/hyd. chute rotation and deflector linear actuator, Frontier ballast box, 72" County Line landscape rake, Fimco 40 gal 3 pt hitch sprayer, Paumco fork spade.

Toro Z Master, 60" deck and DFS collection system

orange dirt bikes, Yamaha Stratoliner and '68 Dart GTS...

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    08-22-2019 @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks

Nicely done! I probably don't need a snowblower but you couldn't have convinced me otherwise last January. Here is mine in action but before buying my green tractor in the spring.
    The 6 footer was a load for the 30hp orange machine so I'm looking forward to hooking it behind the 3039r.
    So I'm right there with you Nch, let'er snow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aclass; 12-05-2016 at 05:53 PM.
    2016 3039R 165FEL / Woods RM660 / Fimco 40gal 3pt / Frontier 1060 Aerator / Frontier subsoiler / 3 pt spreader / HLA pallet forks / 6ft blade / 6ft Lucknow 3pt snowblower / $50 boom pole that never gets used anymore

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    You will be good with the 6 footer the the 39r. In my original post I described why I went 64, but it's basically cash and need. We don't get tons of snow here and I can push better most of time with my af11 loader blade, and this will work for the deep stuff. How much to to spend vs how much snow kinda thing. Eagerly awaiting it...

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OldmanX View Post
    I picked up a new, left over SB1164 2 winters ago. It came with the hyd chute rotate. I just added a linear actuator to the deflector...need to finish up the wiring and it's ready to go.

Cool! I'm leaving the rotation manual, and debating what to do with the deflector..... Half considering mechanical/cable for ease on the wallet, simplicity, and since this may not get used much. Have to think it through.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements