A question for those with both the snow blower and blade..
Like Tree34Likes
  • 5 Post By Superglidesport
  • 6 Post By ChrisR
  • 6 Post By Ray_PA
  • 6 Post By etcallhome
  • 4 Post By ErikR
  • 3 Post By Kennyd
  • 2 Post By keane
  • 2 Post By Kennyd

Thread: A question for those with both the snow blower and blade..

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 09:41 PM
    Thanks

A question for those with both the snow blower and blade..

I have a couple of questions for anyone that has both the 54" blade with the angling kit and either the 54" or 47" snow blower on a 1 series tractor...

Do you leave the angling kit installed on the quick hitch when you take the blade off and attach the blower? That would mean there are 6 hydraulic hoses to deal with. Do I just run all 6 back through the hose holders, use the 4 that I need, and leave the other two hanging? Do I put the pin back in the quick hitch so it can't pivot? or will the disconnected hydraulic cylinder be enough?

Thanks for your help.
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    You should put the pin into the Quick Hitch to lock the swing and maintain alignment when using the blower. I'd hate to see what would happen to the short, front implement driveshaft if the blower swung due to side-loading while in operation.

Pull the pin and swap the hoses when you changeover to the blade.
    etcallhome, Levi, X748SE and 2 others like this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 06:15 AM
    Thanks
    When I had a snow blower, I also had a blade. Yes I left the angle kit on all the time. You need to put the locking pin in when using the blower. As for the hoses, yes you have six hoses running back to the outlets.

I ran the hoses for the lift & blade angle through the hose holders. When I used the blower, I did not put the blower hoses in the hose holders. I I just ran them along the other hoses & then used short pieces coated 12ga copper to tie the blower hoses to the other hoses. The last couple of years that I had the blower, I used velcro tie straps to tie the hoses together.

Just remember to use the locking pin when using the blower & remove it before hooking up the blade angle hoses.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Thanks
    As others have said, definitely put the angle locking pin in when using the blower. Concerning the angle cylinder hoses when you have the snow blower attached, I just coil these hoses up and use a short bungee strap and strap them to the grill guard. You may be able to get all six in the hose holders but they will be pretty tight.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:55 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,611 Posts
    Do as the others have said and you will be fine. Make sure the lines not being used don't drop down to the ground . That happened to me the other year, thankfully a friend seen the lines hanging down and he stopped me. Guessing he saved me a $100 .
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 09:41 PM
    Thanks
    Thank you, I knew you guys would have the answers!!!
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081 Times in 2,547 Posts
    Here is a thread with a few mods to help solve the hose problems: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ut-please.html
    Superglidesport, Levi and ErikR like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Here is a thread with a few mods to help solve the hose problems: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ut-please.html
    This thread did not show the final solution, which has actually worked quite well, although it was way too much research and work to get it there. I would still recommend the diverter solution, but here is the project completed with the open/close valves: POST HERE

Thanks for remembering this, Kenny.

Keane
    etcallhome and ErikR like this.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081 Times in 2,547 Posts
    Thank you Keane, I thought there was a part 2 to the story but I couldn't find it, thanks for the link.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Thanks
    I was just think about how to deal with the hoses better as I was getting the tractor ready for our first snow storm. Good info .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements