Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: 72" CTA Snow Pusher First Impressions

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:37 PM
    Thanks

72" CTA Snow Pusher First Impressions

Had a chance yesterday to push off my first decent snow fall. The snow pusher is outstanding.

I come out of the garage and just push down the drive to the street. It takes a couple of back up's aligns and go again to work aoriund the curves in the drive. We have big ditches along the road so I just shove it all down and the off into the ditches. It takes a few passes down the main drive to get it clear. The CTA design lets the snow roll off the sides once you get a large pile in front of you.

Then I come up top and push the 30x60 pad in front of the garages off. You have a couple of degrees of tilt range that are most effective. I am sure it is by design that optimal on the pushers is the same as level on the buket so no indicator adjustment is required. First couple of light snows I had issues with moving the pusher tilt position when I went into float mode. I was pushing forward at an angle, but I seem to have corrected that and only had to tweak a couple of times last night.

I have an iNatch with Heavy Hitch and 8 weights on the back I have had no traction issues expect with steering the front. Even float mode want's to raise the front when you are really pushing so a few weight on the front might help.

Overall I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0654.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	283018

Name:	IMG_0553.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	283026
    RandyM, Gizmo2, fdmars and 32 others like this.
    2007 2305, New to Me 12/15
    62c MMM, Independent Mid Lift
    H130 FEL, Heavy Hitch, , IMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks,
    N1 Sunshade, 48" Flex Hitch King Kutter,
    72" CTA Snow Pusher, CIDAttachments Forks
    LP 60” Grader Scrapper, R2 Edge Tamers
    Hitch'N Can

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeagerHair View Post
    Had a chance yesterday to push off my first decent snow fall. The snow pusher is outstanding.

I come out of the garage and just push down the drive to the street. It takes a couple of back up's aligns and go again to work aoriund the curves in the drive. We have big ditches along the road so I just shove it all down and the off into the ditches. It takes a few passes down the main drive to get it clear. The CTA design lets the snow roll off the sides once you get a large pile in front of you.

Then I come up top and push the 30x60 pad in front of the garages off. You have a couple of degrees of tilt range that are most effective. I am sure it is by design that optimal on the pushers is the same as level on the buket so no indicator adjustment is required. First couple of light snows I had issues with moving the pusher tilt position when I went into float mode. I was pushing forward at an angle, but I seem to have corrected that and only had to tweak a couple of times last night.

I have an iNatch with Heavy Hitch and 8 weights on the back I have had no traction issues expect with steering the front. Even float mode want's to raise the front when you are really pushing so a few weight on the front might help.

Overall I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
    That is/was the problem I had with the loader mounted blade I made years ago.

Life is good!
    pcabe5, ColonyPark, Levi and 3 others like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Gizmo,

Thanks for letting me know you have seen the nose rise phenomenon also. It seems it should float in float mode but when you get a big push ahead of you the nose just starts rising. Maybe it can't bleed of pressure fast enough,
    Gizmo2, pcabe5, Levi and 2 others like this.
    Hitch'N Can

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081 Times in 2,547 Posts
    The reason it happens is because the hinge point for the loader is so far above the axle, so when the push (or bucket) encounters resistance, the front just raises up and you loose steering.
    Gizmo2, pcabe5, Levi and 5 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Gizmo,

Thanks for letting me know you have seen the nose rise phenomenon also. It seems it should float in float mode but when you get a big push ahead of you the nose just starts rising. Maybe it can't bleed of pressure fast enough,
    When you are in float mode the "hinge" Kenny spoke of happens when pushing heavy. Course you wouldn't want to push when not in float because you may end up with uneven clearing or digging where you didn't want.

I have front weights on mine just for this reason. Some have thought I was crazy but I have the 73" bucket I use as a snow push and the added weight helps keep the front end down. Course I am limited to only three weights because the extension bracket is not compatible with the loader.
    Gizmo2, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

8. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts
    Gizmo,

Quote Originally Posted by pcabe5 View Post
    When you are in float mode the "hinge" Kenny spoke of happens when pushing heavy. Course you wouldn't want to push when not in float because you may end up with uneven clearing or digging where you didn't want.

I have front weights on mine just for this reason. Some have thought I was crazy but I have the 73" bucket I use as a snow push and the added weight helps keep the front end down. Course I am limited to only three weights because the extension bracket is not compatible with the loader.
    Back then (~1988) I gave up on the FEL mounted blade and stated over. Made a frame and frame mounted blade as you see in my avatar. Years later when I was smarter, (~2008) I bought a Meyer TM blade, spoke with Meyer engineers and they sent me this little picture, I was golden. It was like the last piece of a puzzle that you could not put your hands on.
    Push point for a TM blade, 9.5" above the ground...

Name:	Meyer_TM_clevis-height-1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	283490
    pcabe5, Levi, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #7
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Back then (~1988) I gave up on the FEL mounted blade and stated over. Made a frame and frame mounted blade as you see in my avatar. Years later when I was smarter, (~2008) I bought a Meyer TM blade, spoke with Meyer engineers and they sent me this little picture, I was golden. It was like the last piece of a puzzle that you could not put your hands on.

That's good info.👍
    Gizmo2, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post

+1 on good info.

If I am looking at the force transfer correctly the push point with the loader is at ~32" on my tractor. To me it's not a show stopper just a trade off to the ability to pile snow.
    Hitch'N Can

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    The reason it happens is because the hinge point for the loader is so far above the axle, so when the push (or bucket) encounters resistance, the front just raises up and you loose steering.
    This seems to be a common problem. These SCUT and CUT machines simply don't have enough front weight to make effective use of float under heavy loads.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 05:25 AM
    Thanks
    How much does that pusher weigh?
    1025r
    H120 Loader w/Ken's hooks, Pirhana Bar, Ratchet Rake, Bucket Tamer Shoes, front quick hitch
    260 Backhoe w/Ken's hook, BXpanded Thumb, Bro-Tec Ripper Tooth
    Artillian Diverter kit. Grapple w/Fangs, loader arm mounted 54 snow blade w/ wings, 24" forks
    54" Rock Bucket
    Ballast box
    I-Match
    Box Blade
    Back Blade
    3pt CarryAll
    Boom Pole
    Artillian Front Hoe
    RimGuard in all 4
    2" Wheel Spacers
    Heavy Hitch
    Block Heater