Green Tractor Talk banner

iMatch Compatibility

18K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  meyerld 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Just got my iMatch quick hitch as an early Xmas present. All works well with the JD weight box however, I am really disappointed that it is not working with my King Cutter XB back blade. I was almost certain it was compatible. It appears as though the top link is slightly too high that the bottom pins are about an inch above the carrying hooks.

I do not want to adjust the quick hitch to accommodate the blade as that will make in not fit the weight box. Continually adjusting the top hook on the quick hitch seems impractical and contrary to the purpose of the quick hitch.

Here is the blade I am using. https://www.kingkutter.com/store-product.aspx?id=3402

In any case, that leaves me with two options as far as I can tell.

1. Are there any top link adapters that can make this attachment work?

2. Sell this blade and buy something else for snow removal. Perhaps a rear snow blower? Are there any that are quick hitch compatible?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
Adjusting the top hook is often necessary to retrofit some implements, especially older ones. Several of us have replaced the two bolts on the top hook with pins that can be easily removed for fast adjustments. For example, I'm using two trailer hitch pins.

Attachments

Reactions: fdmars and Levi
#4 ·
As I recall, the King Kutter XB line of attachments aren't Quick hitch compatible. Their other lines are. It's only the XB line that doesn't work with the hitches.

#5 ·
H I am really disappointed that it is not working with my King Cutter XB back blade.

Here is the blade I am using. https://www.kingkutter.com/store-product.aspx?id=3402
Clarification time please!

You said you have an XB blade but the link you provided takes me to the KK TRB blade. Not sure which one you've actually got here.

The TRB-60-XB isn't quick hitch compatible.
The TRB-60 is supposed to be quick hitch compatible.

#7 ·
Sorry, it is not an XB, it is the other one. Yes there is a bushing on it that fits the quick hitch but the height of the top link is no good. I suppose I can change the top-hook from bolts to pins and then move it up and down. Little bit of a bummer.

I just tried to move the top-hook and those bolts are frozen on there pretty good. Any suggestions to get them loose?

#9 ·
Cheater pipe over a breaker bar and give it hell

Reactions: Levi
#11 ·
I got an imatch for xmas as well and reading this thread along with the others I've read over past month or two is really making me dread to discover what implements I have that it will and will not work on. I am betting I will be adding pins in place of the nuts/bolts along with some modifications to implements.

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55
#12 ·
Modifications are usually a one-time event. Changing the top hook position with pins takes just a few seconds. Compared to the effort needed to wrestle heavy implements, align them and lock in lynch pins, the QH will make your life far easier.

One tip: When detached, put your implements on pallets with castors. Not only can you move them around to suit your needs, it makes it VERY easy to roll the implement behind the QH and lock in.

#10 ·
A little or allot of penetrating oil also helps.

#15 ·
i wanted to mention that I had the same problem with my JD box blade, figured out that the dealer put the box blade together wrong and that threw things off enough to give me the same problem.

the plates that taper up to the top link where on the wrong sides of the plate that attach to the box blade itself.

Reactions: Levi and ky_shawn
#16 · (Edited)
I have two different adapters for making implements work with a quick hitch, I'll look for some pictures online and take some if I can't find them. They both basically relocate the top pin. I got them with my Speeco hitch, but they both should work with my iMatch. I'll check that if I go get pictures, but all my stuff is currently compatible.

EDIT: Here's one kind: http://www.agrisupply.com/adapter-bracket/p/80717/
Clothing Purple Costume Pink Fashion

#17 · (Edited)
Here is the other kind I have, but I don't remember where I got it or the brand. It was black and I rattle canned it JDG. This one is meant to go on the implement and you tighten down the bolt on to the implement pin. I held it above my snow blower to demonstrate the orientation. The kind in my previous post, the U shaped part goes on the quick hitch using the top link pin and can flip back and forth. Both kinds are not as ideal as getting everything permanently fixed, because unless the angle of the implement doesn't matter you're going to have to adjust your top link when swapping.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.everythingattachments.co...r-for-Economy-quick-hitch-p/spco-hf141157.htm

#18 ·
Here is the other kind I have, but I don't remember where I got it or the brand. It was black and I rattle canned it JDG. This one is meant to go on the implement and you tighten down the bolt on to the implement pin. I held it above my snow blower to demonstrate the orientation. The kind in my previous post, the U shaped part goes on the quick hitch using the top link pin and can flip back and forth. Both kinds are not as ideal as getting everything permanently fixed, because unless the angle of the implement doesn't matter you're going to have to adjust your top link when swapping.

I see what they've done here but I'm still trying to get my head around how it would work. It looks like it would put the top hook attachment point 4-5 inches in front of the bottom bushings. Normally most attachments whether Quick Hitch compatible or not have the top-link hole pretty much in-line vertically with the bottom pins.

#21 ·
Well with all the problems you are all/most having with the QH, I don't have that problem. Not one, no not one of my implements are iMatch compatible. So I don't have one. I fight with all my implements when hooking up to them. So with the problems you are having with the iMatch, consider yourself fortunate. I just wish I had one that would work and no I don't plan to make any of the implements iMatch compatible. Have thought about trading them all in for some that are but that's a lot of money there too.

#22 · (Edited)
The quick hitch I just got, says woods, had paper work from speedco, came with the "y" shaped top connect Plug Ugly showed in his post...no top hook, I ordered one from Messicks, plan on using quick change pins instead of nut and bolt on top hook as others have suggested. Now the debate is to paint green or leave black....whatever, the cabellas and woods stickers have got to go....

Vehicle Tractor Tire Wheel Auto part

#24 ·
Circling back to you guys. I swapped the two bolts on the top hook with quick pins and cotter keys. The issue was the top of my bx blade was hitting the bolts on the quick hitch. The pins are 1/2in and are not a perfect fit. They allow enough play in the hook to accommodate the ill-fitting back blade. Although it is supposed to be i-match quick hitch compatible, and it now does work, it requires just a little bit of elbow grease to get it to hook up. It is not a seamless grab and go, as it is designed.

But as of now it works well enough and certainly better than without the quick hitch. Thanks for the advice guys.

#25 ·
I went through all this hassle with my cat 2 John Deere Quick Attach also. Then when I went to buy my next implement I talked to the non John Deere dealer they indicated than any implement maker can custom make their implements usually at no charge if they know the dimensions. So I snapped a photo of my Quick Attach, and gave him the dimensions and he built the implement to match at no charge and it works great. So, I suggest this as an alternative at least going forward with new implements because the more we have to screw with the Quick Attach to get it to work, the less its worth having in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.