• 3 Post By KD7CAO
  • 1 Post By mjncad

Thread: PTO Cement Mixer Recommendations

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-30-2017 @ 07:49 PM
    Thanks

PTO Cement Mixer Recommendations

I tried searching the forum for PTO cement mixers and struck out.

Does anyone here use a pto cement mixer? If so do you like it, would you recommend it? What brand is it and where did you get it?
    Also, I have found some for sale searching the web, do all cement mixers utilize hydraulic dumping? If so I assume on my 3032e I would need somewhere to connect the hydraulic line to? I'm pretty new to my 3032 so any and all help to get me caught up to speed on this and just connecting maybe other things in the future to a hydraulic plug in somewhere would be great.
    A man has got to know his limitations ~Dirty Harry

3032e, Box Blade, Loader, Sheader, Posthole; 2 D170 mowers

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    I was researching these for someone a while back and I was unable to find any favorable information. It seemed that the few that are out there have a lot of issues. It's probably why you don't see many of them.

I did see one guy who rigged up a standard stand-alone mixer to his loader so he could hoist it and pour wherever he wanted. It looked like it worked great and was easy to get the concrete where you wanted it. When you were finished you could detach it and still use it as a stand-along mixer.
    Last edited by jgayman; 12-23-2016 at 01:22 PM.
    mjncad, pcabe5, calebjladd and 1 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 09:10 PM
    Thanks
    Fizbin,
    I have an older PTO cement mixer that I moved to my front end loader. The mixer worked well on the rear of the tractor, but now that I have it on the front, it's much easier to mix and to distribute the Concrete.
    You can search online and find a few different brands. Also you can probably find one on Craigslist. Argisupply has one for around $900.
    They are really handy for small jobs up to 2.5 yards. Anything bigger than that I just order from the local concrete company. It takes several jobs to justify the investment but you will find several opportunities to use it once you have one.
    I am not familiar with the 3032, but the mixer needs hydraulics to dump using a hydraulic top link. If you don't have a 3rd SCV, then you will need to add.
    mjncad, pcabe5 and keane like this.
    2013 - 4720 with H180 loader, 448 backhoe, Woodmax Chipper, Box Blade, 72" finish mower, RM 990 Finish mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Thanks
    Fizbin is a real man's card game.

Any way, I agree with what others before me have written on the subject of PTO mixers.
    pcabe5 likes this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 09:22 PM
    Thanks
    I have been always fond of something like this: http://www.everythingattachments.com...ger-bucket.htm I do not own one and I question seriously whether the 1025r could handle the task, but if I had a skid steer, I guarantee I would get one like this. I have seen other brands, but I honestly think I would try to build one. So many uses other than concrete for it too, grain feeding, manure spreading in raised beds, mud dumping, all kinds of uses.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    mjncad, pcabe5 and 69project like this.
    2014 John Deere 1025R, 54D MMM, H120 Loader, 647 Rotary Tiller (purchased new from dealer April 2014)

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Thanks
    Pretty cool gadget; but for the price it had better work!
    pcabe5 likes this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements