Good rainy Saturday morning from SW Florida!!!
I've spent a lot of time recently reflecting on 2016 and making my plans for the farm in 2017. One of the untackled 2016 chores was attaching the ancient Bush Hog and clearing/re-clearing some brushy areas in the bottom land. This got me to dreaming about skid steer front mounted brush cutters with hydraulic motors; The principle advantage that I can see is having the mower in front of the operator- very useful for re-clearing brush, less safe if any obstacles remain, suck as stumps, rocks, logs, etc.
This got me to further wonder if any of the more knowledgeable members of the forum have added a front-mount hydraulic brush cutter to a 4- series Deere. If so, I could sure use some guidance, especially in the following areas:
- How to mount mower to the bucket quick attach?
- How to attach the hydraulics?
- The current loader joystick controls both the up/down movement of the loader frame, but also the bucket curl feature. Would this stick need to be replaced with a joystick that switches the hydraulic motor on/off and raises/ lowers the motor frame?
- I think that my 4720 generates about 12 gpm flow rate through the hydraulics, and I assume that the hydraulic ports have both a flow and return line, though I'm not completely sure about this. Any thoughts?
- I've seen some of these mowers on CL, but am wondering which brand(s) have worked best for the forum members and why?
This project may be a no-go if I would have to buy a lot of ancillary equipment to make it feasible. So before I discuss this with my Mrs., who has much fewer budgetary restrictions than I do, I want to know exactly what I am biting off.
Your guidance is welcome and appreciated,