Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bwalton84

Thread: Frontier Broadcast Spreader

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-22-2019 @ 11:55 AM
    Thanks

Frontier Broadcast Spreader

Ordered a new Frontier broadcast spreader today!! Model #ss1023B. Dealer said it would take 3 weeks to get it in! The suspense is killing me already! Haha

By the way I'm new to the site. I've been reading for awhile but recently joined. There is a lot of knowledge on this site, and looking forward to talking with all you guys!

I haven't figured out how you list all your equipment at the bottom yet or post pictures. So as soon as I do I get some up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    04-11-2017 @ 02:02 PM
    Sterling, Alaska (on the Kenai Peninsula)
    Thanks
    Welcome from Alaska. I'm new also and find that I have to force myself to log off so I can get some work done.
    I'm thinking about the same spreader and am anxious to see what others have to say. I would also love to know what you think of it. Please, keep us posted. Thanks
    Last edited by Skyboss1952; 08-01-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    -Rick

American by birth, Alaskan by choice.

2013 JD2320, Artillian Forks (42" and 24" with Brush Guard), H130 FEL, 270 BH, 54D MMM (with independent lift), 72" Frontier RB, Ballast Box, Kens Bolt On Grab Hooks, 2 Boxers, Cat, honey bees, and most importantly, a very understanding and supportive wife who "thinks my tractor's sexy".

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:29 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,146 Times in 2,587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwalton84 View Post
    Ordered a new Frontier broadcast spreader today!! Model #ss1023B. Dealer said it would take 3 weeks to get it in! The suspense is killing me already! Haha

By the way I'm new to the site. I've been reading for awhile but recently joined. There is a lot of knowledge on this site, and looking forward to talking with all you guys!

I haven't figured out how you list all your equipment at the bottom yet or post pictures. So as soon as I do I get some up.

Go up to the top right of the page and click "Settings", then on the left side bar are several choice that you can modify. The most common ones the signature, profile and avatar.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Hey thanks! Ill give it a try.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    07-30-2018 @ 09:52 AM
    Thanks
    Lets see a picture when you get it. I am tired of my walk behind spreader and have been considering a unit like that! I would really appreciate it!

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    03-28-2014 @ 02:31 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lang View Post
    Lets see a picture when you get it. I am tired of my walk behind spreader and have been considering a unit like that! I would really appreciate it!
    Ditto! I'll be getting one in the spring

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    No problem! I've got a small pull behind john deere spreader that will hold about a 100 pounds, but it's made for garden tractors. The 3 point hitch wouldn't allow me to turn with it. Just another excuse to buy another implement! As my wife roles her eyes. Haha
    636mullet and Randy Lang like this.
    2016 3039R , 2010 X500 /w 54" deck
    H165 FEL /w Heavy Duty Bucket, Home Made Ballast box, 40 gallon 3pt sprayer, Frontier SS1023B broadcast spreader, Home made Ratchet Rake, RB2060 Rear Blade. Ken's Bolt on hooks, Pallet Forks, Bucket mount shovel.

10. Top | #8
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts

Welcome, from Texas!

If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks

It's here!!

Well I picked it up today! And of course had to go pick up some triple 12 to try it out.

First off I'm not real happy with the setup of this thing. Mostly all things I can fix though.

1. Had to shorten the drive shaft. Took an 1 1/2 off each half.
    2. You are not able to completely raise the spreader with the pattern selector in the middle. The handle
    turns up on the end and hits the top link when about 3/4s of the way up. I'll have to cut the handle and
    turn it horizontal and weld it back on.
    3. The lower links are to low. You have to tip it back to reach the lower pins. Then tip it forward to get the
    top link in. There for once hooked up and let all the way down it lacks touching the ground by about 3
    inches. Not really a good way to fix this.
    4. Use it to spread some fertalizer today, and it throughs heavy on the left side. And not much of anything
    out the right side. I had to move the selector lever all the way over to where it should have only been
    coming out the right side. Then it was almost even from left to right. I may just need to play with
    differant RPM's. That was pretty disappointing.

So all in all for the price of 605 dollars I had a lot higher expectations. I'm pretty disappointed with the design and function of this spreader.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    2016 3039R , 2010 X500 /w 54" deck
    H165 FEL /w Heavy Duty Bucket, Home Made Ballast box, 40 gallon 3pt sprayer, Frontier SS1023B broadcast spreader, Home made Ratchet Rake, RB2060 Rear Blade. Ken's Bolt on hooks, Pallet Forks, Bucket mount shovel.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    11-27-2018 @ 10:13 PM
    Thanks
    bwalton id like to offer some suggestions
    1) I agree if they advertise for 1 series better fit
    2) &3) when asked, my dealer they offered an imatch option for$30 this might prevent hook up issues
    4) having covered over 1,000,000 acres as a commercial applicator I can't stress proper setup enough (which most dealers don't provide anymore)
    We pan test our spreading equipment every spring and fall to ensure even pattern.
    you can do this on your own by placing paper cups with a heavy washer (to keep them seated in grass) every 2ft perpendicular to your path of travel then spread at an even speed while straddling your cups. repeat a couple times to get a good trial. if you want to spread 20 ft wide place cups 26' to see what happens.You should get even amount. also the sun can play mind games causing hasty adjustments.( I candy striped 6 acres of lawn) traditionally while looking back at both a spreader or sprayer it will appear to be heavy on the left side. hope this helps I understand your frustration. toys are great... when they work as advertised.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements