Forks
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Forks

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    04-25-2019 @ 12:12 PM
    Location
    manchester,pa
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Forks

    I looked at artillian forks will cost almost 1000 shipped and I can buy titan for less than 500 shipped am I missing something I'm not going to put my plow on the fork frame so that doesn't matter any other reason to spend 500 extra on forks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi, BigJim55 and Drifterbike like this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    RandyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Location
    Stoughton, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,594
    Thanks
    1,047
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 673 Posts
    Have you checked out this thread?

    Artillian vs Titan
    Levi, BigJim55 and Drifterbike like this.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

    2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

    The more I learn, the less I know.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to RandyM For This Useful Post:

    Artillian (01-25-2017)

  5. Top | #3
    1oldtruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    08-24-2019 @ 08:41 PM
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I have the Titan forks. They came with the tractor when I bought it. Quite a heavy set up. They work fine for my needs.
    Levi, BigJim55 and Drifterbike like this.
    3038E
    RC2060 mower
    Titan pallet forks
    Howse box blade
    Fertilizer Spreader
    Ballast box
    I-Match quick hitch

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  7. Top | #4
    Drifterbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Location
    Hampton Ill
    Posts
    2,715
    Thanks
    1,086
    Thanked 317 Times in 278 Posts
    I purchased Titan 42" forks and a 3pt reciever for my 1025R. The forks are heavy and a little crude but they fit the H120 loader mounts and i have had no problem. I don't plan on using them much and could not justify the additional cost. I have used them three times since July in fact the only times i have used my endloader, most of the time its off the tractor with the forks on it with the bucket sitting on the forks. If i was younger i might have gone with Artillian i think they are more versatile and better designed
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

  8. Top | #5
    MeagerHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Location
    Cumberland Valley - PA
    Posts
    1,101
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 157 Times in 110 Posts
    I think you have to weigh use. I could of purchased several much lower cost options for my snow pusher but I knew it would get allot of hard use for many years so I went with CTA. The thing is a Sherman tank and I know I can get the wear parts. (Rubber edge, and HDPE side floats).

    I need forks and am debating. I only expect to use a couple of times a year to move pallets around with softener salt and landscaping supplies. But what if I use it more?

    Still debating in my mind. And I have a Ferris zero turn to buy first.
    Levi, BigJim55 and Drifterbike like this.
    2007 2305, New to Me 12/15
    62c MMM, Independent Mid Lift
    H130 FEL, Heavy Hitch, , IMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks,
    N1 Sunshade, 48" Flex Hitch King Kutter,
    72" CTA Snow Pusher, CIDAttachments Forks
    LP 60” Grader Scrapper, R2 Edge Tamers
    Hitch'N Can

  9. Top | #6
    Drifterbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Location
    Hampton Ill
    Posts
    2,715
    Thanks
    1,086
    Thanked 317 Times in 278 Posts
    i also bought the CTA blade they are the best.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

  10. Top | #7
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    20,189
    Thanks
    1,094
    Thanked 3,110 Times in 2,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeagerHair View Post
    I think you have to weigh use. I could of purchased several much lower cost options for my snow pusher but I knew it would get allot of hard use for many years so I went with CTA. The thing is a Sherman tank and I know I can get the wear parts. (Rubber edge, and HDPE side floats).

    I need forks and am debating. I only expect to use a couple of times a year to move pallets around with softener salt and landscaping supplies. But what if I use it more?

    Still debating in my mind. And I have a Ferris zero turn to buy first.
    You'll use them - trust me. Everyone told me that once you have forks you will rarely use your bucket - they were right. My tractor is parked with the forks always on. I think I used my bucket twice last spring/summer/fall.
    Levi, BigJim55, johnH123 and 1 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  11. Top | #8
    GTT Vendor Artillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,527
    Thanks
    515
    Thanked 584 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcampbell View Post
    I looked at artillian forks will cost almost 1000 shipped and I can buy titan for less than 500 shipped am I missing something I'm not going to put my plow on the fork frame so that doesn't matter any other reason to spend 500 extra on forks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi,

    Unfortunately this is the equivalent of comparing hand tools from Harbor Freight to something like Snap-On. For a fair comparison, please quote other brands supplied by your John Deere dealer or some of the other quality US made brands, of which there are several.

    Titan used to source their products from a Chinese company named AMI Global, however it seems AMI Global has ceased to exist or, more likely, followed suit by changing its name to something else once the reputation of its former name suffered.

    For some food for thought on buying imported structural products, check out this video as an example.



    We care about your safety!
    Gizmo2, Levi, BigJim55 and 5 others like this.
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artillian For This Useful Post:

    danmorea (01-25-2017), Gizmo2 (01-26-2017)

  13. Top | #9
    johnH123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:37 PM
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,391
    Thanks
    463
    Thanked 328 Times in 276 Posts
    Titans are fine if you don't have a bunch to spend. yeah sure the paint will wear off and scratch faster, and they are non-expandable like artillians, but for a cheap set of entry-level forks, I couldn't be happier.
    Levi, BigJim55 and Drifterbike like this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

    Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

  14. Top | #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    04-25-2019 @ 12:12 PM
    Location
    manchester,pa
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    Hi,

    Unfortunately this is the equivalent of comparing hand tools from Harbor Freight to something like Snap-On. For a fair comparison, please quote other brands supplied by your John Deere dealer or some of the other quality US made brands, of which there are several.

    Titan used to source their products from a Chinese company named AMI Global, however it seems AMI Global has ceased to exist or, more likely, followed suit by changing its name to something else once the reputation of its former name suffered.

    For some food for thought on buying imported structural products, check out this video as an example.



    We care about your safety!
    I get what your saying I have a 1025r I'm sure any forks on the market will hold up to what those hydraulics will lift


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi, BigJim55, johnH123 and 1 others like this.

  15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •