3 pt attachments for rent in Maryland?
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Treefarmer
  • 3 Post By ljnelson109
  • 2 Post By pilot-five
  • 1 Post By ljnelson109

Thread: 3 pt attachments for rent in Maryland?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks

3 pt attachments for rent in Maryland?

I think I have asked this before but I have seen several new members in Maryland and thought it might be worth asking again. Has anyone seen any 3 pt attachments for rent in this area? Occasionally I would love to have a post hole digger. As others have mentioned, it is often a 1-time used item. I would love to have a tiller this spring, but honestly can't imagine using one again. I will probably end up renting a walk behind tiller since they are readily available in my area. But if I could find a rental (that is small enough for my machine) then I would love to use my tractor rather than my back!

Lee
    2305, 200CX loader w/53" bucket, 62C MMM, and 47 SB.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Thanks
    See if there is a Sunbelt Rentals near you. They are the only current national chain that I know of for this sort for stuff.

I have a couple of local places where I can rent a mini excavator or a ditch witch but none of them carry 3pt equipment. That seems to be the norm for most people.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Jim. I thought it was a long shot. I remember passing a place up near Gettysburg, PA that appeared to rent 3 pt stuff. That is not close enough to me to justify the hassle. There must not be enough market or too much risk (maybe driveshaft length issues?) to make it worthwhile.

Lee

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Thanks

Ask at the dealer

You might also try the equipment dealers in the area. Some may do rental equipment. Don't tell anyone on here but you can check out other color equipment as well. Since it's a rental, it's not so bad if it's orange, blue or some other color.

Treefarmer
    ljnelson109 and Levi like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    I rented a post hole digger from a rent-all place. They rent most anything at the one I went to where I live. Let your fingers do the walking through the phone book. As small as our towns are around here you should have no problem where you are.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    I called around. The Sunbelt suggestion was a good one. Unfortunately, the nearest one is over 30 minutes away. I called and they have one but it is a 65" unit (I did not think to ask the model). He said that he has had people run it with smaller machines, but they say it is very slow going. They do appear to have other 3 pt attachments, though, so this answers my question about availability. I had checked the local places, including ABC, near me but didn't think to find a Sunbelt. The first one I called, didn't have the tiller but others within the 35 minute radius do.

I may go back to plan A. I can rent a rear tine tiller from a place 5 minutes from home. I have to factor in the drive time into this decision.
    Levi, BigJim55 and vacruiser like this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 05:52 AM
    Thanks
    I have started my attachment collection--maybe I should add rentals into my regular business! All of my attachments are for my 1025R and I ran into the same issue with Sunbelt. The tiller is too heavy for a SCUT to lift. Will have to see if I can get a tiller for the spring too. I have been searching the trader sites and Craigslist with no success so far.
    Kennyd and ljnelson109 like this.
    2015 1025R FILB, iMatch, 53" Bucket, 54D Mower Deck, 54" Snow Blower, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Bracket, Heavy Hitch Front Weight Bracket, EA 48" Plugger, Garber 48" 3 point Seeder, Kens bolt on hooks, CountyLine (Tarter Gate) 60" box blade, Kenda Terra Trac HDAP tires (front and rear), CozyCab Sunshade, TSC CountyLine (Tarter) 48" yellow rototiller, BXPanded 25 gallon 3PH sprayer.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot-five View Post
    I have started my attachment collection--maybe I should add rentals into my regular business! All of my attachments are for my 1025R and I ran into the same issue with Sunbelt. The tiller is too heavy for a SCUT to lift. Will have to see if I can get a tiller for the spring too. I have been searching the trader sites and Craigslist with no success so far.
    If you are near Howard County, count me in as a customer. I seriously can't imagine using a tiller more than a couple times. If you see anything in the HoCo area in your search and want me to scout for you, let me know. I could pick it up, use it once and bring it your way!

Lee
    JamesCE likes this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements